Admission - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Admission Reviews

December 23, 2014
A feel-good movie with skeletons but without a soul. Two Wonderful and sparkling actors Tina and Paul but where is the chemistry? Lack of engaging and intriguing dialogue and character building. Still a ok and easy movie after wine and dinner with friends Just do not have high expectations
½ December 11, 2014
This movie is bad and everyone involved with it should feel bad.
December 3, 2014
Even my boy Paul Rudd couldn't help this one.
½ December 1, 2014
A cookie cutter film with the typical humorous notes and twists and turns. Great for fans of Fey and Rudd.
½ November 30, 2014
It's the cast that carries this cut-and-paste film. I wanted to like it more, yet ended up liking the actors more and wanting better for them.
½ November 26, 2014
Well acted... just kind of "blah"... about as interesting as actually applying to colleges.
½ October 11, 2014
Tina and Paul are charming. Please reteam them in something better. Loved seeing Lily too.
October 9, 2014
I have a strange fixation with Tina Fey, so right off the bat, my rating may be tainted. However, I thought it was the best acting she had ever done, especially the final dramatic scene with her mom. I love Paul Rudd too, so this would have just had to be stupidly written to have been bad. And it wasn't. It was unique and precious. I'm not sure why there was so much hate toward it.
½ October 6, 2014
Likeable and easy watching. Tina Fey & Paul Rudd are joined by a scene-stealing Lily Tomlin. Heartwarming with some engagingly funny moments
October 4, 2014
slow and boring 2014
September 15, 2014
Tina Fey and Paul Rudd are clearly trying, but it's not enough to boost the cliched story, subplots, and twists.
September 7, 2014
I want to like it. The actors are there the story is there but it just feels like something is missing. The script is not as funny as it should be and it leaves the actors stranded.
September 6, 2014
I liked it more than the critics.
September 1, 2014
I thought it was a cute idea, but whenever Paul Rudd is even semi-serious, it makes me cry. Like a really ugly cry that no one wants to see.
August 25, 2014
Much smarter than I anticipated. The build-up to the "admissions selection" scene (and then the scene itself) was one of the most psychologically satisfying sequences I can ever remember watching. This romantic comedy excelled at denying the usual chick flick clich├ęs from dictating its flow.

One thing did annoy me with the script though: too many of the characters had similar quirks and used identical phrases, causing a lack of personality diversification and highlighting an aggravating rookie weakness from screenwriter Karen Croner.

Other than that English 101 level gaffe, I felt that this was an Ivy League caliber romantic comedy.
August 24, 2014
Expected to be a premise with heart, but it's turns out to be the opposite when it's just bland and ended unresolved. Although there are rare funny parts, mostly from Rudd and few from Fey.

So the result is that it's an okay, random film, like it can qualifies to be close to the bottom of the waiting list instead of being deniable nor acceptable. (C+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 23, 2014
Enjoyable but lost it's appeal in the final act
August 23, 2014
Cute flick about people believing in an unlikely student who has strong hopes of attending Princeton University. Fostering this youth & giving him an opportunity opens the doors for many lives.
½ August 22, 2014
Tina Fey at her most charming. Paul Rudd at his peak whimsical. I was entertained.
August 20, 2014
was ok....expect more from Tina.