Adoradores del Diablo Reviews

• Dec 30, 2012

Lured to everything Patrick Bergin since Patriot Games, I was a tad disappointed with this movie though Pat kept his head up. I definitely would not like to be on that altar.

• Dean K Super Reviewer
    Sep 10, 2011

One I saw years ago. It's ok for a low budget straight to DVD horror. Fairly average all rounder with an ok cast. It does have a few good gory moments from what I remember.

• Apr 27, 2011

A group of college friends (Charlie O'Connell, Ashley Jones, Bryan Kirkwood, Jennifer Lyons and Rashaan Nall) get an impropmtu invite to a rave at a rural farm. Well there they run into trouble and leave early. On their way home they nearly kill a mysterious woman (Elena Lyons) and find themselves hunted by The Shadows, a cult of Devil Worshippers... Deceint low budget horror thriller. It doesn't fuck about getting to the story rather promptly (but effectivly) and keeps things moving until the end which comes at the right time (I do appreciate a movie that doesn't overstay its welcome). The low budget shows with the biggest star being Patrick Bergen as the Satanic High Priest, and some of the weapons looking like they came from a Halloween thrift store. The Shadows orginal getup (black hooded robes, masks and pentagram necklace) looks like it came from the same thrift store (not to mention being rather impractacal for chasing some one threw the woods...that mask will fuck up your peripheral vision and that robe just makes it likely that you'll trip at an inoprotune moment). Wisely the film decides to ditch those silly costumes halfway threw when the friends reach the town (which is obviously run by the cult). As backwoods towns run by sinister/pyschotic forces go it leaves something to be desired. Bergins Satanist isn't really given much to do aside the occasional blood sacrifice (actually that goes for the cult as a whole they're never as threatening as they should be. I blame those stupid robes). Acting wise I did like the scene in the dinner between Lyons and Kirkwood talking about their parents and taking respnsability for their lives its acted well enough that when the cult pops up again its rather irratating for the viewer. Compatent is the best I can say about this film. Wouldn't advise renting it but its certainly worth viewing if it ever pops up on TV in the wee hours of the morning. Side Note: Given that Bergins character says the sacrifice happens every 6 months you'd think they'd come up with a better plan then abduct some chick from a party...like say finding out a bit about the intended human sacrifice and make sure they won't be missed. Every 6 months means at least 2 people a year which means with Bergens current method its a matter of when they abduct the wrong person not if and finds himself playing Waco with the FBI/State Police. Just saying.

• Jan 17, 2011

This is a decent low budget horror flick. +The story goes along at a quick, acceptable pace. +The masks used in the film were a bit scary. -The acting isn't so great, but there are a couple good performances. -Some of the action and violence is a bit laughable at times, but other times the action and violence looks good. Overall, a good low budget flick worth a watch.

• Oct 10, 2008

You're a good disciple Eli.

You're a good disciple Eli.

• Nov 03, 2007

(* 1/2): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon13.gif[/img] Exactly what I expected: Cliched in everyway. Nothing new here at all.