Adrift in Manhattan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adrift in Manhattan Reviews

½ July 30, 2009
This film tries too hard to be an indie meditation on grief, love and dealing with life. In the end it feels incomplete.
And cheers for filming in my old neighborhood :))
½ July 23, 2009
Better than i expected to be ..was rather slow moving but interesting
½ July 1, 2009
A meandering sequence of apparently unlinked scenes. Some beautiful photography, some lovely shot composition. But not something that I could relate to, and dubious morality dressed as normality. Horrifically shallow, perhaps that is the point?
Strangely gripping, the after-memories are indicative of a work which stands up strongly in retrospect.
June 27, 2009
I hate those pretentious films that try to be artsy when they are not. I thought the film was rather weak. The characters were undeveloped and uninteresting. The overall story and intertwining of the various characters was weak as well I felt like some issues were resolved too easily and other key issues weren't resolved at all. I found the highlight of the film to be Heather Graham's raunchy sex scene. Props to her.
May 13, 2009
toda pasión tiene un precio: la soledad. de esto va esta película que me parece interesante en su género, drama. todo en grises, frío y confusión, como la vida de cada uno de los personajes que intentan sobrevivir y buscar un sentido que llene sus vidas. bastante llevadera, si pueden, véanla.
March 17, 2009
I thought it's okay but thing are so creepy on each other. It make me being jealous that they got in their own way. ha. Some are some interesting but not much. Watch once is enough.
February 15, 2009
A nice story about three people who all have a problem in their life and eventually because of a certain situation that they encounter get back on track in their life.
A nice movie to watch on a quiet evening with nobody to bother you.
½ February 8, 2009
A realistic movie. ^_^
February 1, 2009
I love this movie and Rasuk is awesome although he has like no lines lol. It is an amazingly original film and shows how a simple story with great characters can be found almost anywhere once you take a moment to look.
½ January 30, 2009
A weak film, poorly tied together, lacking any serious depth. The performance by Dominic Chianese was perhaps the highlight of this one (if you could for a moment, forget Heather's memorable pose).
SC007
December 28, 2008
Well acted drama. I definitely recommend this independent film.
½ December 28, 2008
its an OK movie... its very realistic... but there is nothing that clicks in it... nothing special... there is times, where you have the aha sign... i liked some of the details in it... but mostly i liked the fact that simon got the eye doctor... ha...
December 13, 2008
Sure Heather Graham's cute, but these films are BORING. Yet another movie about aimless Manhattanites, none of whom we really care about, and, of course, ALL of them have extreme tragedies they're living with. So, one by one they find what they need in another and blah, blah, blah. Boring.
December 9, 2008
Not horrible, just felt pointless.
November 29, 2008
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]At first, i had thought that the best movie i have ever watched is Notting Hill, Until i watched this Movie....

Heather has magnificient looks and a very outrageous body which is supplemented by her equally good acting,

I liked her movie Killing me Softly, but this one was even better

does anyone have any idea of what other movies of hers are worth a watch

But again, if we come to the realistic part, how can a grown up married lady lead an unknown stalker into her house, let him kiss her and then actually shade her clothes and make love... Not only that, when he hesitates, she actually asks him if he wants to try again

The Most surprising part is, she doesnt even know his name or his age until after she has been banged

All in all, ill rate this movie as 8/10.... If only had she let the kid undress her ([B]like in Killing me Softly[/B]), would have rated it 11/10[/font]
October 25, 2008
Pretty interesting movie. The life of those people were really interesting. The guy who was following that lady was so peaceful. A lot of this movie was sad too because of what happened or was happening to those people. Great movie.
½ October 24, 2008
overall worth seeing if you like slow moving, psychological ,artsy films. some incestual undertones can be disturbing.
½ October 7, 2008
Just a waste of time...
September 28, 2008
note to self: i'm i'm every going to sit through a movie to watch a heather graham sex scene..it must be boogie nights..BAD indie movie..but heather graham doggie style.yeah babbyyy
½ September 23, 2008
guzel, sakin izlenilebilir bir film ama herkese gre degil.