Adventures in Dinosaur City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adventures in Dinosaur City Reviews

½ February 3, 2016
This is one of the stupidest films I have ever seen in my life!
November 21, 2014
This is one of the worst examples of world-building gone wrong I have ever seen. It's just too ambitious for what it is, and takes the audience's involvement for granted. There is not one character driven moment that doesn't feel like it was cranked out of a sausage grinder. How can I convey this better? Hmmm... It's like none of the characters have any personality, backstory or identity until you're told (via lame exposition) that they have a personal trait, history, or identity right before the time it becomes important. The puppets are extremely poorly animated (the "main" dinosaur, "Rex," can't even get his eyes to focus in the same general direction - oh yeah, he looks nothing like the dinosaur on the cover, either). Hiring actors nobody ever heard of would be okay if they did a good job, but it just seems like they didn't have direction. The action sequences are too few and too far between for the run-time, and rather than spend effort on special effects some of the action is implied while they use stock footage of the sets. The only reason I'm not giving this half a star is because the production crew clearly put some effort into overcoming a budget shortfall, and that's appreciated, but the question remains: WHY DID THEY BOTHER? Even the SNES game based on this property isn't very good...
½ December 11, 2013
'Adventures in Dinosaur City' is a very badly put together film. The sets and special effects are only ok, and once you consider the standards at the time, they simply don't make the cut. The animatronics, puppet work and acting are all very bad and the movie desperately wants to lure in children with the promise of a Ninja-turtles like adventure (which, good or bad, that film was extremely popular nevertheless) but it disappoints on all accounts. Any children old enough to recognize bad movies from good ones will dismiss this as trash. (On VHS, February 24, 2012)
August 14, 2013
The single greatest achievement in American cinema.
July 19, 2013
Honestly one of my favorite films growing up. The characters are memorable making this a really fun film. Kids love it.
March 8, 2013
Anyone want some pizza?
September 3, 2012
A wonderfully original and entertaining look into what a live-action Hanna Barbera (Flinstones with dinosaurs instead of humans) movie would be if it presented with a PLEASANTVILLE story-line. There is nothing like this movie--and I mean that in the best way possible. It is a gem of a kid's movie packed with bizarre adult themes and an uncontrollable imagination.
July 30, 2012
this movie was a Classic when i was a kid, plus from 1987 to 1993 those were the Dinosaurs Craze Years when there was movie like this, Were Back, Rex and Me, & Jurassic Park or tv shows like Land of the Lost(1991), & Dinosaurs ! it was the Dinosaur Craze, that was the Reason why the first American Power Rangers were Dinosaur Themed ! Kids loved Dinosaurs at that time, then it died out like Virtual Reality did ! Watching this as a Adult might seem Cheesy, kinda Crude, seems to be over Rushed in a Movie, its still gives me Joy to watch it, its very Creative, it seems like they hoped they would possible make a Animated Tv series of it Later on but failed to meet a Approval of a Tv Network, just like Shinesman how if Fail in Japan to meet the Intrests of Children, plus it seem there would of been a Lawsuit with Hanna-Barbera for copying The Flintstones ! Plus when i was a Kid i Thought this Movie was Way cooler the the Dinosaur Tv show, that show seems just boring to me, this was packed with action & junk ! Also watching from a Adults kinda view I notest this movie has alot of Adult themes in it ! Also the Coolest thing & creepy thing was the Grave Yard, how they had that Statue of the Dino Grim Reaper that was pretty Kick Ass ! Plus if that Dino Grim Reaper was living or moving around I would Gett the Hell out of there for sure, plus no other Movie Show has done that, ofcourse they did where Black Cloaks in the End of the World Episode on Dinosaurs, but not as great has this movie !
½ July 27, 2010
A trio of bizarrely animated obsessed young folk are zapped into their favorite cartoon. Now the cartoon's real and full of terrible costumes. The vocal cast apply as many cartoon sounding voices as possible, making this an irritating film to concentrate on. It's also full of strange editing and weird moments for narrative twists. The main villain reveals his true identity in a quick cutaway from the protagonists journey. After being hooded for the whole film, we cut to him sitting at a desk with no hood. There isn't much of a city to speak of, and when you see the obviously rubber triceratops doing some martial arts, you start to wonder what the fuck is going on. Nowher near as cool as dinosaur films should be.
August 15, 2009
Wow...can't believe I totally forgot all about this movie. Anyone else remember this thing? haha
May 22, 2009
I remember thinkin' this movie was cool when I was like 9.
½ March 23, 2009
This movie is so random that netflix has never even heard of it. But I was being nostalgic today and I thought back to this film from when I was a kid. I loved it as a child but I cant honestly say how good it is because I barely remember it. So now Im going to make it a goal to find this on dvd one day. But from what I remember it was a lot of cheesy fun.
February 17, 2009
This movie is so unbelievable 90's, and so ridiculous, yet awesome. DINOOOSAAAUURRRS! DIIIIINOSAURS! I loved the theme song.
January 5, 2009
I haven't thought about this movie in years.
January 2, 2009
Gotta love the weird movies that came out of the '80s and early '90s.
I had a crush on Omri Katz when I was a kid, lol.
October 16, 2008
This movie is pretty volcanic. Give me some claw!
August 8, 2008
Wow! really old and rare movie i still love it! Does anyone else remember this!
½ November 17, 2006
[font=Courier New][color=black]This movie was ok, i saw it when it first came out. I think the show is good for kids but that's about it. Kids love dinosaurs so i'm sure that they would enjoy this show. I don't even remember it too good. I guess that means that it didn't really leave a lasting impression on me. I guess that means that i didn't like it enough to remember it. Oh well.[/color][/font]