Adventures of a Teenage Dragonslayer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adventures of a Teenage Dragonslayer Reviews

February 27, 2015
You know there are issues when the title says teenage, but the lead character is only 12. This is pretty sad fantasy fare. The effects are bad, the story is simple and silly and the acting is on the poorer side of fair. Not sure even most kids would find this entertaining.
September 13, 2013
I like this movie. It's different, the style is great for kids and adults who want a more realistic approach to camerawork, so we can more believe it's real. The troll was funny and I like his voice, and the dragons -2 of them, were the best parts of the film. so much personality and nicely animated. Not the same old Hollywood perfect everything so its some other world. Good stars too.
½ October 8, 2012
If it wasn't for some shitty acting and crap effects, this coulda been dope!
½ August 29, 2012
Awful made for TV movie that offers nothing at all
½ August 23, 2012
I feel sorry for everyone that was cast or took part in the making of this horrible sham of a movie. I could only get about 10 whole minutes into it before I realized that I was not going to watch anymore of it. I can't classify this as a "B" movie...It kinda' falls into the "D" movie category.
½ April 18, 2012
Probably one of the worst things I have ever seen; though it was so corny I did laugh at times at it rather than with it. At one point I thought it had been hijacked by the smurfs.
March 9, 2012
Really cheap looking film due to terrible special effects; could've been better as the storyline has potential. Anyway would avoid.
½ January 13, 2012
not a bad kids movie. These kids have a good imagination.
January 9, 2012
Anybody remember those God-awful after school, "live action" shows for kids that used to air on FOX in the afternoon? Yeah. This is pretty much an extended episode of one of those shows, complete with terrible makeup and costumes, worse music, and even more horrendous acting. This is bloody awful.
November 23, 2011
I might have found it interesting if I was eight years old, but viewers any older than this will cringe at the low-budget special effects, awful cinematography, and utter lack of foreshadowing or character development. It tries to be an 80's movie in the vein of "Little Monsters" but fails pretty spectacularly.
October 9, 2011
I couldn't even make it through the whole movie. No.
August 18, 2011
So the Caroline in the City reuinion seems like it would be better than it was. It's UBER cheese-tastic! Even the kiddies will be making fun of how cheap they were on this. Seriously a comicon with hardy any weirdos dressed up...seriously?
BG Movie Reviews
August 12, 2011
Okay - there is one thing that should be a rule of films: if it appears on the front cover, it should resemble the film. This film breaks that rule abismally! The main character is not blonde, the dragon is a pathetic CGI image rather than something realistic, and the castle on the back of the DVD case does not feature ANYWHERE in the film! Another major flaw is that the main character is NOT A TEENAGER: he's 12! And to add to that he look so much younger.

The script was not special in any way, shape or form and showed exactly what can go wrong with indie film making. Unlike what some reviews say, the acting is not poor, it was mediocre - nothing amazing, but not really bad. What suprised me the most was that a scene very resemblent of the first Saw film featured, yet it remained a PG! There is a part where a blue troll cuts his own foot of with a saw, leaving blue blood everywhere. I just don't get why that was even necessary, it seemed an excuse for violence; and not a good one at that.

About the only decent thing in the film was the part where one of the children hotwires a van so they can escape and when ask where she learnt to do that she said "At scouts."

On whole, it is enough to entertain smaller children, but is not of great taste, nor of a position that allows it to be considered so bad it's funny. If you really want to entertain children, show them some Disney classics, not this indie failure.
August 4, 2011
this movie was so terrible that it was funny and if you make it to the credits watch carefully because i swear o god it says B.A. baracus and the six million dollar man
August 3, 2011
Poorly acted, poorly written, terrible special effects.
½ July 1, 2011
This film was not done well at all. The animation even stinks. I'm glad I got this movie for free. so not worth paying to see.
June 25, 2011
seen it, the worst acting ever. the "teenagers" look like 8 year olds and this movie was clearly thrown together in no time at all. hate it. its not worth seeing trust me.
½ June 21, 2011
From the very beginning, this movie is an unfunny joke. The overall mood is light, the plot on the dangerous side of ridiculous, the actors are over-acting, which makes it all feel like one big farce.

This movie also has the cheapest special effects I've seen in any recently made movie. Had the plot been anything close to decent, that may have been tolerable...

There is a story: a group of kids hunting for monsters that aren't real. It is left a bit unclear whether they actually believe in said monsters before they discover an actual troll from their favorite card game.

All in all the movie was a big joke, and a pain to watch. Good thing it wasn't longer than one and half hours. Maybe the kids will find something alluring in the shallow, ridiculous form of acting, but for me, this was a huge disappointment. Not that I expected much to begin with.
June 18, 2011
...well, at least Mikey liked it!
½ June 16, 2011
This is legitimately the dumbest movie I have ever seen in my life. No exaggeration. Don't waste a single penny or even a single minute on this movie.