Adventures of Felix Reviews

• Nov 25, 2010

This is a beautiful, unpretentious film. Sami Bouajila is gorgeous as is his portrayal of Felix and Patachou as Mathilde was perfectly cast and brilliantly played. If you're studying French, or just a casual student of language and come across the term "Joie de vivre", then look no further than this film for its definition because they fit each other to a T. I've often lamented the sad state of American mainstream film but if you care to see a film done right and without a hundred million dollar budget, here it is. What the French do right seems so effortless, too; a simple story, exception players, film it in France. Olivier Ducastel has my vote for Director of the Century, just from this one film.

• Oct 22, 2009

This was a tolerable movie. Not impressive by any means. You can find racism everywhere, appreciate the love that you already have

• Jun 01, 2009

Perhaps only French could make a potentially gloomy background (Felix, the main character, is a gay, HIV+, Arabian in France who has just being laid-off; with a paternity question) into something so positive, optimistic & laid-back.

• Mar 20, 2009

Life is a journey.. Family is those who cares about you.. Patachou and Sami is just great in this. Enjoyable.

• Mar 04, 2009

It's an interesting concept, and although the story is good, it does sometimes get a bit weird. But overall, it is an okay movie.

• Jan 01, 2009

una road movie bien particular Felix se pone en búsqueda de su padre que nunca ha visto pero en el camino descubre a una verdadera familia todos ellos desconocidos

• Nov 03, 2008

road movie francesa si bien no es excelente si nos presenta un concepto de familia, genial muy parecido al mio jejeje...

• Aug 16, 2008

French gay film that explores the possibility of alternative family structures, and asks why we nonsensically give priority to biological ties. Conceptually, I liked it. But narratively it was just a boring movie.

• Jul 12, 2008

Not the cat, a handsome young French man who goes on a solo road trip to meet his father and along the way meets some interesting characters. There is brief full frontal when he cheats on his boyfriend. I enjoyed this film.

• May 15, 2008

7.5/10. What a wonderful and warm film, beautifully acted with outstanding character development. Touching and sensitively directed. Great story that is always interesting. Excellent score.