The Adventures of Ford Fairlane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane Reviews

April 2, 2016
The plot is convoluted, confusing, and takes too much time to get into gear, but the hilarious second half sort of makes up for it.
½ May 19, 2015
The Diceman doesn't just just have fun but swallows every scene in this well produced blistering paced outrageously funny action flick. This still is one of my favourite movies ever. There's no denying his screen presence, before anyone thinks the guy cannot act in a straight role, check out Blue Jasmine, the Diceman should have won an Oscar for that role. This movie has some of his stand up comedy elements which may not be to everyone's liking but what a boring world it will be if these movies were not made. I need to mention an excellent rock track by Billy Idol which I still listen to this day. Just watch the scene when fairlane and Zulu fall of the Capitol records building and asking for directions to Mann's Chinese theatre you will know what I mean!
May 17, 2015
Alright. I thought this was gonna be a old cheesy action comedy. I was wrong, it was kinda lame.
½ April 4, 2015
4/3/2015: A pretty cheesy, but mildly funny flick. It was funnier when it came out when Dice was at the top of his game; now it's just kind of dumb.
March 25, 2015
Laughed and enjoyed this empty vehicle just didn't howl and love it.
August 15, 2014
Hilarious movie. A Cult Classic!
½ July 6, 2014
El cómico Andrew Dice Clay, conocido por sus chistes vulgares y misóginos, interpreta aquí a un detective vulgar y misógino, metido en el mundo de la corrupción en la música rock. La trama es convencional, pero el humor de Clay logra contagiar.
July 2, 2014
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane is probably one of the best films of its genre! The film is a master piece of Action, Comedy, and Music Video! The film captures the essence of the end of the 80s/beginning of the 90s era. The writing and comic timing is impeccable! I don't care if you don't like Andrew Dice Clay, or Renny Harlin (which I usually don't), but the casting and, acting, and whole look of the film is exactly what the time period was like. I think this is a highly underrated film, and a modern masterpiece of its genre. Now a nostalgic jewel of a bygone era!
½ March 18, 2014
Everything you would expect from Dice, stuck in the 80's just like him, and that's not a bad thing.
February 21, 2014
if you don't like the dice man than skip it! great flick
½ February 19, 2014
One of the funniest movies ever made. Yes the humor is crude & politically correct. That was the whole point of the film. Create a character who is essentially the worlds biggest jerk, treats women & anyone else for that matter as garbage, yet is still cool enough to appeal to an audience. The movie is 1st & foremost a comedy. Basically just an hour and a half of mindless fun with ridiculous puns & some of the best one liners of all time. Everyone should watch this movie and if you approach it with the right attitude you will love it.
January 16, 2014
Saw it originally at the theatre when Andrew Dice Clay first came onto the scene. It was awful, though if I revisited it today, at 44, I might feel differently.
½ November 10, 2013
Ford Fairlane (Andrew Dice Clay) is a "rock and roll detective" who works in the music business, has an office on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles, and drives a 1957 Ford, with clothing to match. He floats through the rock clubs of Hollywood, picking up women and clients, and soon stumbles into a case involving the death of the heavy metal singer Bobby Black (Vince Neil), the corrupt music executive Julian Grendel Wayne Newton), the clueless cop and former disco star Lt. Amos (Ed O'Neill), the merciless hit man Smiley (Robert Englund), the murder of the radio shock-jock Johnny Crunch (Gilbert Gottfried), and the kidnapping of the jock's daughter Zuzu Petals (Maddie Corman). Aiding and abetting Fairlane in this whodunnit is his loyal assistant Jazz (Lauren Holly) and a hip record producer (Morris Day) in a mix of a bizarre lineup of suspects, victims, beautiful women and a koala as he finds himself knee-deep in the case of his life...

I saw "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" at the movies in 1990 when it came out, and Andrew Dice Clay was not that known in Europe at that point. I had seen him in some teen movie, but here he was in his full on obnoxious stand up persona. Can´t remember what I thought of that then, but as far as I remember I did kind of like the movie per se. And re-seeing this in 2013, I kind of still agree to the fact that I still do like
"The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" per se, but the tiresome act of Andrew Dice Clay is hardly likeable. So his whole intention might have been to poke fun at the stereotypical Italian-American from Brooklyn who thinks he's hot stuff and believes he can treat any woman like a piece of meat, but he doesn´t manage to put forward any likeable sides in the midst of his tics and bad language which is a failure in my eyes. And he´s simply not an actor. I do like the ensemble piece it is, the idea of a "rock and roll detective", the great soundtrack, the action signed Renny Harlin and the gallery of colourful characters. I particularly like the characters of Ed O'Neill and Robert Englund, the latter on some sort of australian overdrive. What´s on the minus side is of course how most women are portrayed in the movie. The only female character that has some sort of balance is Jazz, played by a very stunning Lauren Holly. So, "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" is unique in one way and entertaining in a slap sticky way, but as well not fully balanced and pretty sexist.
September 18, 2013
Not sure if really bad movie or just want 80's and 90's to come back.
September 16, 2013
Like Beaches is a chick flick Ford Fairlane is a guy flick.Andrew Dice Clay had a lot of bad press at the itme of the film's release that in Critics eye's this movie was a Bomb.Know one was going to tell the truth that this was a very funny movie and that the Diceman Rocked.This may not be the best movie every written but with dice, hot chick's and a funny group of actors it didn't have to be,it was just entertaining so for that it got 4 stars from me.
July 24, 2013
High-octane sillyness straight from the good ol' 90's. Shut up & enjoy :)
½ June 3, 2013
Ford Fairlane is as bad-mannered and loathsome as Andrew Dice Clay.
March 25, 2013
i've always liked this movie, so bad but so good.
March 12, 2013
A very forgettable film, all I can remember of this is that Wayne Newton is in it and there is a Ford Fairlane and that is about it.
½ March 4, 2013
It was terrible in terms of how offensive it was, but at the same time it's just so funny. Andrew Dice Clay really kills it in this flick. It somehow manages to make the character likeable, where other writers have failed, this film succeeds. Usually a movie going out of it's way to offend everyone falls flat, like Movie 43, but this one somehow manages to be hilarious. A definite must-see for any Dice fans, everyone else, you've been warned!