The Adventures of Ford Fairlane - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane Reviews

April 29, 2018
This film is not for everyone. A lot of people dislike Andrew Dice Clay because they never understood that he is a character. This movie plays up that character, but at the same time it shows that most cases he's making more fun of himself than the people he is supposed to be offending. The movie is campy and the plot is thin. But the characters are great. If you don't take the movie and Dice's character too seriously it is great, shameful fun. If you are offended by it then go to your safe space.
March 19, 2018
Ahead of it's time and completely goofy, but I love it.
January 11, 2018
Politically incorrect, irreverent, and unapologetic.
October 26, 2017
Way ahead of its time.
August 7, 2017
fans of dice clay will love this movie, non fans and most women will hate it
May 14, 2017
Pretty raw humour, not the worst movies and definitely has its moments. This is Dice at his best, just like a stand up, but thrown into a narrative setting. Good fun.
November 13, 2016
When a rock singer turns up dead and a groupie goes missing, the 'rock n roll detective' Fairlane springs into action. Appreciation of this film will depend on your tolerance of the Diceman's persona, whose career nosedived after this star-making film attempt.
April 2, 2016
The plot is convoluted, confusing, and takes too much time to get into gear, but the hilarious second half sort of makes up for it.
½ May 19, 2015
The Diceman doesn't just just have fun but swallows every scene in this well produced blistering paced outrageously funny action flick. This still is one of my favourite movies ever. There's no denying his screen presence, before anyone thinks the guy cannot act in a straight role, check out Blue Jasmine, the Diceman should have won an Oscar for that role. This movie has some of his stand up comedy elements which may not be to everyone's liking but what a boring world it will be if these movies were not made. I need to mention an excellent rock track by Billy Idol which I still listen to this day. Just watch the scene when fairlane and Zulu fall of the Capitol records building and asking for directions to Mann's Chinese theatre you will know what I mean!
May 17, 2015
Alright. I thought this was gonna be a old cheesy action comedy. I was wrong, it was kinda lame.
½ April 4, 2015
4/3/2015: A pretty cheesy, but mildly funny flick. It was funnier when it came out when Dice was at the top of his game; now it's just kind of dumb.
March 25, 2015
Laughed and enjoyed this empty vehicle just didn't howl and love it.
August 15, 2014
Hilarious movie. A Cult Classic!
½ July 6, 2014
El cómico Andrew Dice Clay, conocido por sus chistes vulgares y misóginos, interpreta aquí a un detective vulgar y misógino, metido en el mundo de la corrupción en la música rock. La trama es convencional, pero el humor de Clay logra contagiar.
½ July 6, 2014
July 2, 2014
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane is probably one of the best films of its genre! The film is a master piece of Action, Comedy, and Music Video! The film captures the essence of the end of the 80s/beginning of the 90s era. The writing and comic timing is impeccable! I don't care if you don't like Andrew Dice Clay, or Renny Harlin (which I usually don't), but the casting and, acting, and whole look of the film is exactly what the time period was like. I think this is a highly underrated film, and a modern masterpiece of its genre. Now a nostalgic jewel of a bygone era!
½ March 18, 2014
Everything you would expect from Dice, stuck in the 80's just like him, and that's not a bad thing.
February 21, 2014
if you don't like the dice man than skip it! great flick
½ February 19, 2014
One of the funniest movies ever made. Yes the humor is crude & politically correct. That was the whole point of the film. Create a character who is essentially the worlds biggest jerk, treats women & anyone else for that matter as garbage, yet is still cool enough to appeal to an audience. The movie is 1st & foremost a comedy. Basically just an hour and a half of mindless fun with ridiculous puns & some of the best one liners of all time. Everyone should watch this movie and if you approach it with the right attitude you will love it.
January 16, 2014
Saw it originally at the theatre when Andrew Dice Clay first came onto the scene. It was awful, though if I revisited it today, at 44, I might feel differently.