The Adventures of Ford Fairlane Reviews

• Oct 26, 2020

Ed O'Neil saved this movie from getting 2 stars. Overall, it has its funny moments... Gilbert was mildly entertaining in this. Could have been better I guess.

• Aug 04, 2020

loved it when I first watched it in the late 90's as a teen. Still love it, and it has aged well, as it perfectly captures the tropes of the 90s. A good nostalgia watch, and funny too.

• Jul 23, 2020

Let's educate on why the likable jerk works in the media and why The Adventures of Ford Fairlane fails on that regard. But first the story, Ford Fairlane (Andrew Dice Clay) is the womanizing "Rock n' Roll Detective" who's hired to investigate the murders of Bobby Black (Vince Neil), the lead singer of The Black Plague and his radio DJ best friend Johnny Crunch (Gilbert Gottfried). Most of the clues to the crime include a trio of CD's, answers from a groupie Zuzu Petals (Maddie Corman) and wealthy socialite Colleen Sutton (Priscilla Presley), and the name ‘Art Mooney'. The important thing about despicable comedic jerks is they have connections to something relatable, in a way that reveals their attitude toward humanity. Ford's only character traits are he loves 1950's memorabilia, he's a womanizer and he has a Brooklyn greaser parlance. On top of everything else, Andrew Dice Clay's lines are mostly shock and insult comedy, which got really old really fast. Another problem may be Renny Harlin's cinematic eye, which clearly has a forte on action and suspense rather than comedy. Because the two genres conflict each other on every scene, The Adventures of Ford Fairlane loses interest in humanity and has little time to develop other characters. To conclude, Ford Fairlane isn't funny because he's an archetype of other funny jerks, with little substance and no intelligence within him. It especially doesn't work because of the director's mistranslation of Clay's stand up. (1 ½ Noosed Koalas out of 5)

• Apr 08, 2020

It's fun but it's what you would expect from an Andrew Dice Clay vehicle.

It's fun but it's what you would expect from an Andrew Dice Clay vehicle.

• Nov 25, 2019

This early 90s film may not be masterpiece and Andy Clay may not be your cup of tea, but is damn entertaining, with healthy dose of sexism. Women will hate it.

• Oct 08, 2019

I'm a time when comedy is being overrun by PC culture this movie is a great action comedy. With Dice playing the best character, himself. Punctuates a laughable plot with his brand of shock comedy which even in 1990 got him into trouble. Directed by Renny Harlin the movie looks awesome and has a great soundtrack. Not an art house film by any stretch, but a fun film to watch. Especially if you are. Dice fan.

• Jul 13, 2019

This movie was ahead of its time

This movie was ahead of its time

• Apr 17, 2019

I have no clue why this movie is so poorly rated. One of my favourite movies of all time. Chicks probably hate it especially feminists but thsts about it. All star cast. Great make belueve story. Plenty of little oddball parts and pieces. Lots of action. Plus he get it all in the end in one last little twist. Great movie.

• Sep 09, 2018

This movie, at it's time, was SO FAR ahead of it's time. Sooooo many bits have been ripped off in future movie in the 1990s-2000s. The political rightousness movement was hit it's first wind and Andrew was destroyed. Years later, comedy finally caught up. THIS IS SERIOUSLY MY DESERTED ISLAND "YOU CAN ONLY BRING ONE MOVIE WITH YOU" movie! It's Brilliant! Burying it with me in my casket good...

• Jul 29, 2018

Still one of my favorite comedies. But I guess you had to grow up on Long Island to get the humor.