Picassos äventyr (The Adventures of Picasso) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Picassos äventyr (The Adventures of Picasso) Reviews

October 17, 2013
A Swedish film that is not well known but that you'll end up loving...THE ADVENTURE OF PICASSO..a title that puts you in the right spot with the irreverence of film..the adventure is the life of Picasso..told in a very original funny way..not that all of the events are ether fictional nor real, but when you stop for a second to realise that the whole movie was spoken in an illogical Italian-Spanish-French-Swedish language and still it made sense, than you might take all of the gags and event to be real. A movie that might not be liked by everyone, with a very particular humour that could recall the later monty python..
April 1, 2012
Classic. Don't miss it if you like surrealism, or just want a good laugh.
½ December 5, 2011
i can sing the song.....
½ May 26, 2011
The best Swedish movie ever made. If I was too show a movie from my country to a tourist it would be this one. It's hillarious with mindblowing visuals.
getshort78
February 27, 2010
Already in his childhood, Pablo Picasso shows talent for painting and is sent to the Academy of Arts in Madrid. He becomes a painter but has to live in Paris in poverty. But one day he is discovered by a rich American millionaire and starts to earn money. But he wastes his talent by painting plates. He meets the famous people of the 1920s; Gertrude Stein, Alice B. Toklas, Appolinaire, Hitler and Churchill.
½ February 26, 2010
Honestly, I've been to the movies often here in Sweden and I never heard those Swedes laugh so hard before. And I laughed along with them because this comedy is actually great. It is absurd and makes me think of a Swedish Monty Python movie. Never saw a biography being told in such a ridiculous way either. And even if the movie is Swedish you actually don't have to read subtitles. The spoken language is ridiculously absurd as well. Spanish, English, German, French, you name it, you will understand it.
The only real Swedish is spoken by the narrator and even that text is funny.
Brilliant comedian Gösta Ekman & a bunch of other Swedish actors doing a good job. Rent it.
½ February 13, 2010
Montypythonish and louisdefunesish. Full of references and language humor I did not get.
January 26, 2010
funny, silly and and poetic (!) hommage to Pablo
An ideal companion to Richardson's biography
½ October 31, 2009
I'm repeating myself, I know, but this movie is so genious and fun that it should have been made for the global public in English. And... it should have been rewarded an Oscar!

- See it, it's an obligation !
½ October 3, 2009
Vansinnigt kul bitvis men bitvis lite transportstrÀcka med som inte hÄller riktigt samma topphumornivÄ. En orgie i kreativt smÄflum av surreell kvalitet.
February 1, 2009
My husband made me see it. I love it with his comments
January 26, 2009
If you haven't seen it - you have to!
October 29, 2008
One of the smartest and funniest movies of all time!
September 17, 2008
Been AGES since I've seen this. Yet one of the funniest films generally no-one has never heard about, ever.
September 6, 2008
tror aldrig jag garvat sÄ mycket i hela mitt liv Ät en svensk film. den hÄller en hög kvalitet Ànda till slutet och Àr precis min typ av humor
½ September 5, 2008
Kan nog den bÀsta svenska filmen nÄgonsin. En slags komik som inte sÄ ofta förekommer i det kalla norden utan bara i huvuderna pÄ Hasse & Tage. Man skrattar tills man grÄter men filmen visar Àven en poetisk sida. Vackra miljöbyggen och bilder av Per �hlin.
August 7, 2008
Beautifully well directed comedy. Never heavy handled and has away of inviting you to see it again. A little like Picasso's paintings.
June 18, 2008
One of the best Swedish film ever made! It is funny and beutiful at the same time. It presents some very special imagery indeed, and the whole film sort of reminds of a nice Picasso paninting.
½ May 7, 2008
The life of Pablo Picasso. Not quite as it happened.
May 4, 2008
Like Picasso or not, you need to see this movie.