Adventures of Sebastian Cole - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Adventures of Sebastian Cole Reviews

November 14, 2015
This movie film had so many memorable lines, "Bogardus" lol "out to Jersey" rofl, and transgenderness was like big clearly visible part of the movie film which was like rare back then, esp when it's not presented for comic relief , but at the same time, the movie wasn't "about" that, rather, it was just one aspect of the movie, and I think that's important and shit b/c it seems like trasgender stuff is either some funny thing or when it's not in a movie for comedy, then the whole movie's about it, but here we have trans visibility as a significant non-comical thing while it's not the primary focus of the movie, I think that's cik
January 15, 2014
I have seen this film so many times and i still adore this film. why? well because Sebastian goes on adventures & explores the possibilities of life. He's exactly how i was when i was his age and maybe this film rings true to me. Still it's a solid little drama with a great scenario, some great actors and a good story.
November 15, 2012
This is a terrific drama, I don't care what the silly rating is on here. Good movie with a mature performance by Grenier here.
November 13, 2012
Pre-"Entourage" Grenier vehicle that shows he hasn't quite his his stride yet...but show potential.
½ May 3, 2012
I feel like the makers of the film just didn't bother with a plot.
January 8, 2012
An interesting premise quickly dissolves into an hour and a half of stories that contribute nothing to the plot, or the characters themselves.
August 27, 2011
½ July 12, 2010
I never did finish it - Adrian Grenier was and continues to be one of the cutest things around and Clark Gregg has an interesting turn as his transsexual-to-be step-father. Got a bit precious for me.
½ May 25, 2010
"The Adventures of Sebastian Cole" is a good indie from the late 90s. It includes a good early performance from Adrian Grenier and nice understated work from Clark Gregg as a hardworking, strict parent who happens to be a transsexual. While it's a nice portrait of a teen growing up in the middle of a small town in the 80s, it can also be a bit tiring with the whole "I want to be a writer so I am going to go live life just because I need something to write about" plot. Regardless of it's familiarity, the nice performances and honest storytelling make for a compelling film.
April 13, 2010
Great soundtrack to an otherwise stupid, stupid movie.
April 4, 2010
Awesommme movie...Definitely one of my favs, untraditional and moving! I didn't even know about this movie, until I saw a trailer on a movie I was watching like 5 yrs ago, and I rented it at blockbuster..and I've loved it ever since...
½ October 15, 2009
Very good coming-of-age film...wonderfully told.
½ August 13, 2009
The first half of the movie reads liek a drama that is going to follow his soon to be post-op transvestite father. Then it follows Sebastien to London where he stays with his mother , then back to his Tranvestite father. The secondhalf reads like a bad teen dram ( which I am into if structured right ). With Adrian Grenier gathering a huge ENTOURAGE following his fans will hopefully look into this one. Other than that it is missable. Though the Dad does make the movie a bit more watchable.
½ June 13, 2009
The movie that introduced me to Adrian Grenier is unforgettable.
½ February 19, 2009
[font=Verdana]The Adventures Of Sebastian Cole was a great drama film starring Adrian Genier (Entourage). The film had a lot of unexpected events as the story of his life unraveled. The film?s writing was wittingly funny and kept the viewer interested throughout, although at times it seemed to drag. The direction was decently done as Tod Williams (debut film) got the most out of an unknown cast. The acting seemed to have some veterans on screen guiding the young unknowns, but was still well above average by far. This film has everything from dysfunctional families to dark, witty comedy and drama to confusing romance among adolescent teens, making it a great film to rent. [/font]
½ February 15, 2009
Cool 80s coming of age story with excellent costumes and soundtrack. Don't sleep on the memorable Flock of Seagulls moment! Watch it with Ghost World and Donnie Darko for best effect.
February 8, 2009
A bit ponderous and uneven portrait of disaffected youth.
½ January 3, 2009
i felt like i was reading the middle of a book. no ending, no beginning.
December 23, 2008
An all time favorite from back in the day.
½ November 9, 2008
I remember seeing before and liking it. I think it was one of my first "drag" movies. I just might need to watch it again for a better review.