Aeon Flux - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aeon Flux Reviews

August 21, 2012
anime, sci-fi, BDSM. tha holy trinity.
July 18, 2012
½ January 12, 2012
one of the best tv animes all time.
August 20, 2011
Probably the most important animation ever made. I just love every thing about this show, the erie future setting, the amazing story lines, cool characters, just puts me back in the 90's, amazing, amazing stuff. I can only hope to aspire to maybe one day make something as good as this!
½ April 11, 2011
Weird, stylized, voice-actress that already sounds like Charlize Theron. 16 some short some longer episodes of gratuitous non-continuity.
November 17, 2006
[font=Garamond][color=magenta]This is one of my favorite series that was on MTV. I loved watching Aeon Flux and the MAXX. Too bad MTV isn't how it used to be. I'm really tired of reality tv. The graphics in this show were really good. I liked to futuristic setting and the way that the characters were drawn. it's what make the show unique. i was really happy when they finally made a full length live action movie version of it. [/color][/font]
½ September 18, 2006
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]I'm thoughtful. Wasn't he the missing eighth dwarf? Thoughtful, the one Snow White let get away.....the one she really needed and who understood her best?[/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]I'm not that thoughtful.....but I am thoughtful.[/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Nary a day goes by that I don't stand back and think on a night not so long ago.....[/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]It was raining, and it was almost three in the morning. Wouldn't you know it, my car's broken down by the side of some dark small town two-lane highway road and there's nothing moving but rain drops for hundreds of yards in every direction. A sleek car, all car's look sleek in the rain, pulls down the street from out of the damp darkness and slides up alongside of my hunk of tin. It's Charlize Theron I see when she lowers the passenger window. She turns down a Barry White tune on her player, something about cake or lemon pie or ...anyway, she stops her car right there in the road and gets out of it. She walks to the front of my car and pounds on the hood, demands me to open it up, and I flick the switch and up goes the hood and Charlize disappears under the hood and I ...well it was raining pretty hard, I just sat there. Out she scurries from under the raised cover and crosses over to the passenger door. I open it for her and she slides in, literally, cause she was pretty wet. Her thin clothes are clinging to her cold body and... if I stare at her long enough I can see pretty much every movie she ever made. She opens her mouth...[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Charlize-Your alternator is shot. Car's pretty much stuck here so why don't you come back with me to my place for the night and we can have it towed in the morning.[/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]As I stutter out my answer, a loud tow truck pulls up and some heavy balding toothless guy with the name Chet, poorly sewn on his left pocket.. [it was a well lit street so you could see all these little details clearly].. lays on his horn and screams out for someone to move the sleek car.[/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]I turn toward Charlize...[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Me- I called Triple A just before you showed up and...well, ...[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Charlize- Well what...I just basically came out and said sleep with me tonight and have eggs and jelly toast with me in the morning....[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Chet lays on the horn again and screams something about ramming the sleek car if it ain't moved in a few seconds. Sheepishly I look over at the shivering beauty and say...[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Me- I don't like jelly on toast.[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Needless to say, the night was spent in Chet's tow truck cabin munching old Triskets covered with something tasting alot like Cheez Whiz. Yes many have been the nights when I stared off into the blackness of the sleepy abyss and thought about what might have been if I'd gone with her....many nights indeed....but not two night ago when I watched 'aeon flux'.[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]I got around to watching Charlize in aeon flux and it only cost me eighteen minutes of my life. Also, I was making some vodoo dolls for a friend at the same time so I really wasted no time at all watching this stupid....stupid waste of, just about everything. Up till this point I actually enjoyed Charlize in most of her acting ventures. Afterward, I had to watch 'Monster', fourty-three times to get her performance in aeon flux, out of my frontal lobe. Sometimes you must purge your body of the experiance of watching a good actor or actress put in a hideously bad performance in a monstrously bad film for....for what....the money? It had to be the money cause this movie was so bad, even at three times it's normal speed, that I could not bare to see it at its original intended viewing perspective. Kinda like putting an old BeeGee's album on at 78 rpm's cause you know it won't change it much.[/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Bluebuddah has the uncanny ability to slow down or speed up his metabolism. As I glanced through this film at up to seven times its intended viewing speed he was able to experience it at its intended viewing speed throughout. [/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3]He enters the room and plops down on the sofa next to the computer and he's squeezed into an old oil stained shirt with a name poorly stitched over the pocket.[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Bluebuddah- it really sucked. Big Time!!!! What is it with these actresses and actors when they win an oscar they jump into these hideous high paying roles that smell like shit on the bottom of your shoe?[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Me- Where'd you get that shirt?[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Bluebuddah- In the back of the closet. How did you ever acquire....Chet's work shirt?[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Me- It's a long story.[/size][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3]Bluebuddah- You've got about forty minutes till I turn 'Monster' back on in the other room.....[/size][/font]
½ August 19, 2006
All I know of the cartoon is it used to come on MTV before Beavis and Butthead and was pretty cool. I didn't expect much and was thinking that they should have picked Angelina for the role, but I was suprised at how many good moments it had and how well-done it was visually. I think the critics were a little off here.
½ December 5, 2005
[font=Fixedsys]Alright, It wasn't a ground breaking peice of art (and then again it really didn't prepose to be). I loved the visuals and the odd nature of the technology. The Story was abit too quickly done, but it had a nice complexity. It isn't the greatest movie in the world, but I think 13% is abit too harsh.[/font]
½ December 5, 2005
[b]Fudoh: The New Generation[/b] - Now this is Miike that I can dig! I wish he would stick to films like this and Deadly Outlaw Rekka.

[b]Step Into Liquid[/b] - Enjoyable documentary/surf video, though not as captivating as Riding Giants. Rent that instead.

[b]First Decent[/b] - Enjoyable documentary/snowboard film, even if a tad slow. Might want to skip if you're not a snowboarder.

[b]Aeon Flux[/b] - Rock solid science fiction! It's like a living breathing episode of the animated show, perfect casting, and homage's paid to its source.

[b]Aeon Flux: The Complete Animated Series[/b] - I really dig this show, in case you hadn't noticed.