Aeon Flux - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aeon Flux Reviews

May 26, 2015
I am quite surprised, astounded even, that this movie has not received better ratings. It holds a meagre 5.5 at IMDb. Rotten Tomatoe's ratings are, as usual, pure nonsense with a 10% rating and a big rotten icon. Personally I think this is much undeserved. Yes the movie is a bit silly at times and yes it does not take a genius to figure out roughly what is about to happen nor what has happened in the "mysterious" past.

Still the movie is visually stunning. I would not say that this is a special effects movie in the traditional sense. There are no insane outbursts of explosions, no car chases, no space fights. However, the scenery is quite good and the martial arts stunts are really really good. Maybe I am biased by the fact that I am a male and the main character happens to be a woman in (very) tight suits but to me many scenes where simply visual poetry. There is an especially noteworthy scene where Aeon and a colleague (who have hands instead of feet by the way) are traversing a "garden of death" in order to get to their target. The whole setup is fairly ludicrous. I mean, in an advanced, highly technological, society who would resort to so bizarre means of protecting their main base of operations? Regardless of that, the sequence is just so cool and visually pleasing.

The first two thirds of the movie is probably the best. In the last third it goes a bit overboard with pretty ludicrous gun fights which pretty much defies any logic, science fiction or not. If you have seen old Western movies where the good guy just walks down the street against a hundred "baddies" who all constantly misses him as he, on the other hand, blasts them just by pointing his gun in the general direction...well then you get the picture.

Charlize Theron was doing a quite good job of portraying Aeon Flux but my favourite actor was really Marton Csokas as Trevor Goodchild. His mostly calm yet quite imposing appearance was very enjoyable to watch. I had more difficulties with Jonny Lee Miller in the bad guy role. I felt that he was a bit bland but then I am watching Elementary on Netflix right now and there he is a so much more dynamic and impressive character.

Anyway, if you are a science fiction fan, do watch this movie. It is much better than the ratings give it credit for as far as I am concerned.
½ May 22, 2015
An interesting trans-humanist look at a dystopian future.
May 21, 2015
Olvidadiza y soporífera cinta de acción.
Cuando se trata de una adaptacion de una obra maestra de la animacion general del mismo nombre (este caso siendo sangrienta, bizzarra y psicodelica la serie de 1991), en este caso fracasan miserablemente, y la personificacion de los entes es peor.
Lo salvable serían un par de escenas de acción vistosas y la localización.
Lo demás, desperdiciado a muerte.
Si buscas una cinta de acción independiente, ESTA NO ES TU PELÍCULA.
April 29, 2015
What a pile of shit. The one star is for Charlize Theron in her smalls.
March 27, 2015
I love this movie!!!!
January 26, 2015
Aeon Flux has nice action sequels. and has beautiful scores throughout the entire film. It has surprises. It has good casts, and lead. But what it doesn't have is a story.
Scene after scene that lead to one big boring event. But doesn't spend enough time on exploring it.
What let down the most in the unnecessary twist that keeps pop up from the beginning to end.
Although Charlize Theron put emotion into Aeon Flux. she can't help the real disaster.
January 24, 2015
Todo un despropósito.
Esta pelicula desperdicia su concepto en otro filme de accion generica.
Es aburrida y carece del concepto desafiante de la caricatura en la que se inspira.
A Peter Chung le debe de haber dado un infarto al ver esta cosa.
½ January 21, 2015
I wonder, do they have a clue why their movie sucks so bad?
½ December 21, 2014
Aeon Flux is pure, violent fun. With a minimal emphasis on character development, the film is nonetheless entertaining. And despite its shortcomings, there are the threads of a rather interesting science fiction premise buried deep in all the leather and marital arts.
½ December 20, 2014
Interesting dystopian imagery and some contemporary themes, but dysjointed plotlines and a poor 'out of sync' script disappoints in what could have been the beginning of a hit female led action hero franchise.
August 6, 2014
A complete waste of Theon's acting talent. The film gets ridiculously out of hand and falls flat. Some of the visuals are decent.
½ July 7, 2014
Lame movie. Charlize Threon is cool but this movie sucked.
½ July 6, 2014
La adaptación fílmica del dibujo animado de Peter Chung, merecía una estructura narrativa fuera de lo común y unas secuencias de acción impresionantes. Esta versión en carne y hueso no tiene ni lo uno ni lo otro. El casting es pésimo (Charlize Theron no es para nada creíble como el estilizado personaje y Marton Csokas no es para nada el amanerado Trevor Goodchild). De todas maneras, "Aeon Flux" no es tan mala como otras películas sobre superheroínas como "Tank Girl", "Catwoman" o "Elektra". Pero es una buena premisa llevada al traste.
June 20, 2014
Charlize looks good, the story does not
June 2, 2014
i know i know. mtv. but i love the cartoon way too much
May 27, 2014
A worthy action/fantasy movie... Seeing Charlize in a sexy action suit will truly blow me away... and I like the character of Sophie as Sithandra, having an original hands for a feet... absolutely creepy yet bold and brave =)
½ April 21, 2014
fun and interesting idea, a bit 2 dimensional in the story telling though
April 20, 2014
Absolute rubbish i must say
April 11, 2014
LOVE Charlize Theron. This is the weirdest movie. I love the plot though, it's radical! Crazy fun to watch. For serious.