African Cats - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

African Cats Reviews

½ November 24, 2016
A decent family movie for parents to bring their kids to the theaters. It doesn't really offer anything about these felines that we haven't seen before on the Discovery Channel but is still good fun, with nice images and a great sound design.
June 19, 2016
We learn so little from Disney nature documentaires
October 6, 2015
"AFRICAN CATS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SEE 'EM?"
July 10, 2015
Beautiful imagery of these majestic animals and a really nice story.
½ January 4, 2015
If you like movies about animals
½ December 31, 2014
Fascinating life and trials of African cats.
December 25, 2014
an good movie for kids
October 18, 2014
African Cats is awesome. That is all.
September 23, 2014
I inadvertently drowned a community [with my tears, of course]. I apparently can't handle the circle of life.
September 22, 2014
Noah wants to see this.
August 24, 2014
Almost beautiful like "Earth" and "Oceans," but it's the darkest Disneynature documentary yet with dark and most dramatic footages. Jackson has the right voice to narrate these "African Cats." (B-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ July 2, 2014
I really enjoyed this, not sure if its just my love of documentaries or if it was just interesting. Some sad parts but I liked it.
May 17, 2014
Wonderfully filmed and nicely affecting tale of two families of powerful creatures.
April 21, 2014
Beautiful, stunning, mesmerizing, and plain awesome, African Cats is a wonderful film that will blow people away.
February 8, 2014
Nada fuera de lo normal, pero una historia de estos hermosos seres con suficiente corazón, hacen de African Cats un buen documental para ver con la familia.
½ January 20, 2014
If you're in the mood for a good nature documentary, DisneyNature knocks one outta the park with this one. While most of you know my passion for animals constantly overflows, I recognize I may have loved this more than most. With that said, this Disney doc does a great job at exploring and exposing the brutal realities that big cats in Africa endure day in and day out; more specifically Lion prides and Cheetahs. It's not as brutal/graphic as a NatGeo documentary might be, so is a good doc about nature to watch with your kids. My only complaint, Sam Jackson's narration was overdone. He tried way too hard to be impactful and time his dialogue just right that it just came across as annoying and cheesy. Would have preferred a different narrator. Otherwise, this doc is great! These cats may just tug at your heartstrings. Lord knows I was a sobbing mess. :) Looking forward to watching the Chimpanzee doc next.
½ December 30, 2013
A hit and miss for Disney Nature.
December 22, 2013
Good natural history documentary with family story building.
November 24, 2013
Great movie I plan on buying this one.great shots and many times found myself rooting for the prey and the poor male lion!
September 29, 2013
African Cats has enough great shots and heart to keep you watching.