After Darkness Reviews

• Mar 26, 2019

This is without a doubt the most atrocious film of the last 25 years. Dripping with the regret of every artist involved, this should be required viewing for anyone involved in the entertainment industry. My god, how did they get Sedgewick and Daley to do this? I've seen every film ever made, I never write reviews. I was compelled by some kind of rocket fuel to say that no amount of ridicule exists that could compensate for this failure.

• Feb 08, 2019

After Darkness is not a bad movie but it's also not as good as I had hoped. There were things that I really liked about this movie like how through almost the entire thing I really didn't know what was going to happen to the family and then when I was sure I had figured out their fate it took another turn and I was guessing again. I will say that by the middle of this movie I was hoping certain characters would not survive because they had began to get on my last nerve. The acting for the most part was solid. The acters playing the mother and the wayward son and teenage daughter and also the wife of the other son were all very good. I honestly cared about what would happen to them by the end. I can understand how some will say this is a boring movie because it is slow paced. I actually liked the slow pace in this movie though because for me even though slow it also held my attention until the end. Now let's talk about that ending! What the hell?! I'm actually asking here because I have no idea what it meant! I immediately tried googling to see if anyone had explained the ending but sadly because this movie just came out I guess there were no answers and so I'm still wondering. Did they die and had gone to heaven like the mother was describing or was the light because the Earth was about to blow up?! Seriously, I have no idea what to make of it! I'll just have to wait until someone explains it I guess. This is the main reason I only gave this movie 3 stars. It should have been more clear what had happened to all of them. Even so though I liked it and would recommend seeing it.

• Feb 06, 2019

Decent acting is about the only positive I can come up in this bleak slog of an apocalyptic film. A highly dysfunctional family gathers as the sun burns itself out, in the hopes that their politically connected father (Tim Daly) can arrange to get them to "the caves" where the elite will go in case of worldwide catastrophe. However, after subjecting the viewer to a near continuous depressing and distressing storyline, we get one of the biggest cop-out endings I've seen in quite a while. I would say try and avoid this one.

• Feb 03, 2019

this was the most shitty film i've see in my life do not fucking watch this

this was the most shitty film i've see in my life do not fucking watch this

• Jan 16, 2019

Great acting but somehow still fell short. Maybe it was all the closeups or the questions left answered.