After Fall, Winter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

After Fall, Winter Reviews

December 21, 2015
If you are living in BDSM world and understand it, this is real deal. It mirrors reality in our world, the power dominant has over submissive individual and possible consequences if you are bad or just inexperienced master, Very deep movie with tons of details which are hidden to vanilla audience. I admit some dialogs are cliché and not polished. Still solid 91%.
June 4, 2014
this is the most disgusting movie ive ever seen
January 16, 2014
The greatest characteristic of this film is how unpredictable it is. The reason why this film is so unpredictable is because the story is so original, weird, yet unique. Though I have never experienced having a double life as a nurse/dominatrix, nor do I know what it's like to be million dollars in debt, this film has allowed me to feel a strong connection with its characters through love and sacrifice.
October 17, 2013
The movie was not so bad that is should get so many rotten tomatoes. It just goes to prove (spoiler alert) Americans are shallow mined and must always have a happy ending.
October 1, 2013
If only Eric Schaeffer could stop using himself as his own leading man he might end up with a solid film. This movie is a sort of extension of an earlier film by Schaeffer. This movie tries to be more than it is and often goes to far with its use of BDSM scenes. But, I found this film to be filled with engaging moments of honesty and an uncomfortable mix of human kindness and cruelty. Lizzie Brocheré is amazing in this role. Her performance is what triggers me to give this film 3 instead of 2.5 stars.
September 12, 2013
Spoilers: Waited pretty much forever through what seemed like hours of emotionally reclusive babble only for the ending to become "shockingly" lame. It seems like the writers and directors were trying really hard to make something with a surprising twist only to take what could have been a half decent love story and turn it into a mediocre tragedy. F+ with a twist of stupid....why are more and more movies going the route of "lets disappoint everyone with a grim twist" in favor of "let's make a decent rounded movie"? The world isn't all depressing hollow flawed tragedy.....
½ September 12, 2013
I thought it was a great movie.........though very dark, but that's what real life is (maybe not everyone's life, but someone's life). It kept me up all night after watching it. The actors were perfect......and lead actress did and excellent job, but the bridge scene irked me. She's beautiful also.
September 11, 2013
Long, unpleasant film ruined by the perversion it pushes in the viewer's face. Revolting rather than provocative. LB gave a fine performance.
½ February 21, 2013
Sickening and depressing all rolled into one.
January 22, 2013
i love you _____, and i know you love me too. You're just too scared right now but I know that that won't last forever, and one day, you will let yourself love me. I will miss you terribly until that day, but i will take solace in? knowing that when it comes, even if it's when you are a hundred and twenty, i will see you again under the willow tree, and that will be the happiest day of my eternal life.
½ January 21, 2013
A French romance movie...not my specialty. Stumbled on this movie as I recognized the actress from American Horror story. Bottom line, the ending is a little whack, and the story as a whole was a little much for my liking.
January 15, 2013
I don't know why so many reviewers online react to Eric Schaeffer with such anger and venom. I liked the movie and am watching it more than once to savor it. I suppose I'm similarly kinky.
January 10, 2013
Another sanctimonious dose of talk-therapy cinema.
January 2, 2013
Wow, you critics are idiots. I'll never trust another Rotten Tomatoes review. That movie was intense, great performances and realistic Shakespearean feeling film.
October 17, 2012
Such a powerful film... beautiful. The line between tragedy & romance is brilliantly blurred in this film, and as proves true in real life; seems to be a prerequisite when it comes to actually attaining "true love."

The acting was on-point as well... as emotionally invested as I became in the two main characters is proof of that. There are several "darkly comedic" scenes throughout... which keeps the balance somewhat even; as to mask the ominous overtones that are alluded to by certain key scenes leading up to the end of the movie.

The female protagonist in this film; Sophie; played by the breathtakingly beautiful Lizzie Brocherà ; is mesmerizing... impossible to take your eyes off-of. She has the rare ability so many actors/actresses lack of being able to carry an emotional scene with simply just her eyes.

Definitely my favorite French film since Angel-A... which; though similar in the romance department-- worlds apart in overall tone. Highly recommended for those who either; aren't too lazy to read subtitles; or actually understand French... which this film is pretty much half... as the male protagonist is American.(Eric Schaeffer)

Love, sex, depression... Three qualities that I can appreciate in a film.
August 16, 2012
I was sucked in by the story of Love, Sex and Depression
May 16, 2012
I don't get the harsh criticisms written about this movie. Is there too much dialogue? Yes. Is the dialogue a little over the top and juvenile? Yes. Are there problems with story continuity? Yes. However, I was sucked in because Ms. Brochere is not only beautiful, she's an incredible actress. Also, the teenage like dialogue tricks you into thinking the story will end typically but it doesn't. C'mon people! This movie succeeded in doing what it intended to do.
½ February 18, 2012
Freaking terrible. Reading the description and even the semi-negative reviews indicated this movie would likely be right up my alley. Boy, was I wrong. Yes, it's about tortured souls but it is so darn hoakey that it becomes laughable. It's not often that when I move ends, I yell out "COME ON!" all alone in my apartment but tonight was one of those times...
February 4, 2012
It's a good 40 minutes too long. It repeats many of the same themes seen in every single thing Eric Shaeffer has done. It's a long way from Wirey Spindell. The subplots aren't all bad, but nearly all of them are messy. In the end, the whole thing is pulled together by Lizzie Brochere's performance and a really solid, if ridiculous, final act. Surprisingly well shot, though.
January 29, 2012
Si la peli se mantiene en el mismo tono preciosista del trailer... la amarà (C)!