After Last Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

After Last Season Reviews

December 13, 2016
This movie is terrible in every sense of the word, bad acting,lighting,set design, and just about every thing else, which is why you should totally see it, no seriously you have to see it for yourself for you have no idea how bad it is until you see it with your own eyes, so see it not cause its entertaining, but just to mess with some heads!
November 18, 2016
There is no plot, awful sets, horrible animation, its easily one of the worst movies i have ever watched
October 20, 2016
this movie is the result of ignorance and no respect towards the art of cinema and entertaiment fails at every piece of cinema also
½ April 3, 2016
this movie is the worst movie ever made the lighting is bad horrible music the worst production design I have ever seen terrible script and the director of this movie should be assumed for making fake accounts to make a high imdb score for fake reviews
½ March 28, 2016
Birdemic looks like Hitchcock's The Birds compared to this.
½ January 3, 2016
What were they thinking? What were they thinking?! I keep asking myself that question over and over after just seeing "After Last Season". A plot barely exists, the "CGI" looks like something an 8-year-old would make in about 15 minutes after just watching a tutorial on 3D Max (eg. gray cubes floating around on a gray background or polygon models that seem like they were made in the '70s), the editing is incredibly bad (eg. shots of empty chairs, a ceiling fan and other random items seem added at random locations for no apparent reason), the acting is more flat than Olive Oil's chest (and half the time the actors forget their lines), the set looks like empty offices, an empty bedroom and a few empty boiler rooms with some random objects added to them, the lighting is crap, etc. I'm pretty sure I've met 10-year-olds in my life who could direct a better film in pretty much every aspect, which makes me wonder what the budget was used for. Was it just a scam to rip off the investors? Either that or the writer-director is a moron with narcissistic tendencies and lacking in social skills since only such a person would consider this film worthy to release in theaters.
October 10, 2015
At least since Edweard Muybridge's original experiments with motion photography, no other combination of sound and/or colors in the history of moving images has ever succeeded so thoroughly at making the incorrect aesthetic and technical decision at literally every possible juncture as this film does.

It is so erroneous that at least once every 100 frames, this film raises fundamental questions about the cinematic arts that no scholar at any university anywhere in the world would ever have though to ask, had it not come into existence. If a film-school graduate set out to deliberately make the most incomprehensibly wrong film s/he could possibly create, that person would still fail miserably to come anywhere near the frequency and degree of genuinely mind-bending levels of wrongness that occur in this film. I'm not joking, It is seriously astounding that a person with no former film-school training was able to actually create this artwork.

Time, lighting, basic human relationships, music, storytelling, visual composition, and almost everything else about both movies and our physical and emotional selves in some form or another is somehow mysteriously queried by this film. Not since Kuleshov's original experiments with the manner in which the human brain derives physical and spatial relationships from the combination of different film sequences has an editor destroyed the entire concept of cinematic geography in such a stomach-churning manner.

If Salvador Dali could see this film, he would demand a more coherent plot structure. If you could show it to Ingmar Bergman he would watch the entire thing in silent awe and then slap you in the face and walk away without ever uttering a word. If you could show it to Akira Kurosawa he too would watch the entire thing in silent awe, then watch it a second time, then slap you, and then commit ritual suicide also all without ever uttering a word,
This film came out on June 9, 2009, kicking off what is sometimes referred to as the "Summer of Death" due to the large numbers of celebrities and high-profile persons who passed away during that time period. This is not a coincidence.

5 Stars. Absolute must-see.
August 7, 2015
After Last Season is the answer to the concept of the "So Bad It's Good" film. This is a film that, if compared to any so-called bad movie on their worst merits, are their equal or worst. You do not know what a bad film is until you have seen this one. It is a complete failure in every sense; acting, pacing, effects, set design, sound. I advise everyone to see this, just to increase their enjoyment of every other film they will ever watch.
September 2, 2012
Why am I intrigued by things people tell me are horrible?
½ April 19, 2012
Screw this Piece of shit!
January 28, 2012
An ongoing discussion about local landmarks is interrupted briefly by a murder.
January 8, 2012
it's like Plane 9 From Outer Space married " Not Good" and they had a messed up kid. this movie is that kid. oh and his friend who would hang out with that kid too.
½ January 7, 2012
A bizarre exercise in patience and ineptitude.
½ December 27, 2011
This film is absolutely the worst film created by mankind. I first researched the film and discovered that... it was released in four theaters, all in Texas, and it is so bad that the studio had called the theaters that carried the four existing reels and did not ask for them to bring them back; they told them to burn the copies. This is considered a lost film that I am the only person within 500,000 people who knows this exists. The film was shot on 35M, there is no lighting crew (so that you could see the shadows of the people, and at some points, of the camera), and it was filmed in the basement of an office building and surrounded with some white sheets and cardboard. There are computer animated sequences that look like blender if you had just put shapes on sticks, and there are scenes of going through colidescopes that tries to convince you of what telepathy is like. When I say that this will never be heard from again, I mean that it will NEVER BE RECOGNISED AGAIN FOR ANYTHING! There is only one use of this movie. We could set it aside in a drawer, and if eugenics ever becomes popular again, we could use this to decide who lives and who dies.
December 10, 2011
With a movie looking this stupid, I really want to see it. Maybe I'll find a movie worse than Standing Ovation.
½ August 31, 2011
I hope they recycled all that paper. In all seriousness this just might be it: the very worst movie of all time.
½ August 22, 2011
Ugh. This one hurt to watch. I had to stop it a few times just to clear my head of the badness. Some of the worst "special effects" ever, a ridiculous/non-existent plot, atrocious acting and terrible directing make this probably the worst movie I've ever seen. And I've been through Manos: The Hands of Fate, Birdemic: Shock and Terror, the Star Wars Holiday Special, Vampiyaz and The Room. Stay far away unless you are a true bad-movie masochist.
August 10, 2011