After Last Season - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

After Last Season Reviews

½ April 21, 2017
Lord have mercy.
After Last Season Is the worst movie ever made. People can easily say that the worst of the worst are films like Battlefield Earth, Jack & Jill, Mortal Combat: Annihilation, and many, many more. At least those movies had a point to them. When it comes to After Last Season, there is literally no competition for the most unfavorable. I don't even know what the plot is. The movie is that unclear, but I think it is a murder mystery. It achieved being unclear with bad sound, you can barely hear a single word the characters are saying! There are also a ton of scenes consistent of being one continuous shot where the camera doesn't move. Unless there is a random, three-second shot of a wall! This movie had some of the worst editing I've ever seen. It feels like it was put together with a free video-editing app on a phone. The set designs were even worse. Director Mark Region said that he hired real carpenters to make the sets, yet everything is made of cardboard and paper. A $5,000,000 BUDGET, AND THE SETS AND PROPS ARE MADE OF CARDBOARD!!!!!!!! And it gets worse!!! Almost all of the scenes were filmed in a house!!!!! AND THEY TRIED TO COVER UP THE WINDOWS WITH PAPER!!!!!!!! Those are hands-down, the worst sets ever put to screen!!! The actors were bad...Just plain bad. That is legit all I have to say about the acting. It was just bad. It ALSO had bad lighting. In every shot, whatever is being filmed has a shadow. A shadow that is almost more noticeable than the actual object!
Ok, so I just researched the plot. It is about two people who are using a machine to go through their thoughts to piece together a murder mystery. It's honestly not that bad of a plot, but throughout the film, you have no way of figuring it out, the movie is just so bad, that it can't explain crap! It just constantly made the plot look worse!!!!! Region tried to give some of the characters backstories, but none of them make any sense! Even if they did, they would still be pointless because their backstories aren't any good anyway! HOW CAN SOMEONE MESS UP CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT SO BADLY!?!?!?!?! Not only were they not clear, but the flow of the story doesn't make any sense! Nothing that the people do in the movie would anyone ever do in real life! Don't even get me started on the visual FX. It wasn't even CGI, Someone just messing around with a 3D modeler, and was just recording the screen!!! It got boring after a while. It was just unbelievable! This is a movie that is so bad, you need to watch it again to actually see how bad it really was. (fast-forward of course)
Over all, After Last Season pissed me off because film-making is something I take seriously. This is the complete opposite of good film-making. 1/2 stars out of 5
April 16, 2017
Unholy boring. I genually want to know where the 5 millin dollars went? Don't say a proper cast because the cast could not be more far off for my standards. Want to take your movie seriously then don't all your five million on writers and cast
½ March 25, 2017
Words cannot describe how BAD this movie is.

If there are any good reviews, it is just the director writing them.
½ March 11, 2017
It's baffling to see that a movie like this even exists. The most notable complaint is...well everything but let's start with the acting. Everyone sounds like they have a gun to their backs and have no experience but the director is making them do it anyway. Now off to the cinematography. There are actual points of the movie where the camera is pointed towards the wall like the cinematographer went to get lunch. The writing has no logic or anything good about it. The music is grading. Do you want to know how much criticism the director/writer can take. He makes FAKE accounts on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes to give it a higher score. This has been my review of After Last Season. Thank you for reading.
½ March 5, 2017
WTF, this is barely a movie. i have seen better thing make by a 10 year old with a 90s phone
December 13, 2016
This movie is terrible in every sense of the word, bad acting,lighting,set design, and just about every thing else, which is why you should totally see it, no seriously you have to see it for yourself for you have no idea how bad it is until you see it with your own eyes, so see it not cause its entertaining, but just to mess with some heads!
November 18, 2016
There is no plot, awful sets, horrible animation, its easily one of the worst movies i have ever watched
October 20, 2016
this movie is the result of ignorance and no respect towards the art of cinema and entertaiment fails at every piece of cinema also
½ April 3, 2016
this movie is the worst movie ever made the lighting is bad horrible music the worst production design I have ever seen terrible script and the director of this movie should be assumed for making fake accounts to make a high imdb score for fake reviews
½ March 28, 2016
Birdemic looks like Hitchcock's The Birds compared to this.
½ January 3, 2016
What were they thinking? What were they thinking?! I keep asking myself that question over and over after just seeing "After Last Season". A plot barely exists, the "CGI" looks like something an 8-year-old would make in about 15 minutes after just watching a tutorial on 3D Max (eg. gray cubes floating around on a gray background or polygon models that seem like they were made in the '70s), the editing is incredibly bad (eg. shots of empty chairs, a ceiling fan and other random items seem added at random locations for no apparent reason), the acting is more flat than Olive Oil's chest (and half the time the actors forget their lines), the set looks like empty offices, an empty bedroom and a few empty boiler rooms with some random objects added to them, the lighting is crap, etc. I'm pretty sure I've met 10-year-olds in my life who could direct a better film in pretty much every aspect, which makes me wonder what the budget was used for. Was it just a scam to rip off the investors? Either that or the writer-director is a moron with narcissistic tendencies and lacking in social skills since only such a person would consider this film worthy to release in theaters.
October 10, 2015
At least since Edweard Muybridge's original experiments with motion photography, no other combination of sound and/or colors in the history of moving images has ever succeeded so thoroughly at making the incorrect aesthetic and technical decision at literally every possible juncture as this film does.

It is so erroneous that at least once every 100 frames, this film raises fundamental questions about the cinematic arts that no scholar at any university anywhere in the world would ever have though to ask, had it not come into existence. If a film-school graduate set out to deliberately make the most incomprehensibly wrong film s/he could possibly create, that person would still fail miserably to come anywhere near the frequency and degree of genuinely mind-bending levels of wrongness that occur in this film. I'm not joking, It is seriously astounding that a person with no former film-school training was able to actually create this artwork.

Time, lighting, basic human relationships, music, storytelling, visual composition, and almost everything else about both movies and our physical and emotional selves in some form or another is somehow mysteriously queried by this film. Not since Kuleshov's original experiments with the manner in which the human brain derives physical and spatial relationships from the combination of different film sequences has an editor destroyed the entire concept of cinematic geography in such a stomach-churning manner.

If Salvador Dali could see this film, he would demand a more coherent plot structure. If you could show it to Ingmar Bergman he would watch the entire thing in silent awe and then slap you in the face and walk away without ever uttering a word. If you could show it to Akira Kurosawa he too would watch the entire thing in silent awe, then watch it a second time, then slap you, and then commit ritual suicide also all without ever uttering a word,
This film came out on June 9, 2009, kicking off what is sometimes referred to as the "Summer of Death" due to the large numbers of celebrities and high-profile persons who passed away during that time period. This is not a coincidence.

5 Stars. Absolute must-see.
August 7, 2015
After Last Season is the answer to the concept of the "So Bad It's Good" film. This is a film that, if compared to any so-called bad movie on their worst merits, are their equal or worst. You do not know what a bad film is until you have seen this one. It is a complete failure in every sense; acting, pacing, effects, set design, sound. I advise everyone to see this, just to increase their enjoyment of every other film they will ever watch.
September 2, 2012
Why am I intrigued by things people tell me are horrible?
½ April 19, 2012
Screw this Piece of shit!
January 28, 2012
An ongoing discussion about local landmarks is interrupted briefly by a murder.
January 8, 2012
it's like Plane 9 From Outer Space married " Not Good" and they had a messed up kid. this movie is that kid. oh and his friend who would hang out with that kid too.
½ January 7, 2012
A bizarre exercise in patience and ineptitude.
½ December 27, 2011
This film is absolutely the worst film created by mankind. I first researched the film and discovered that... it was released in four theaters, all in Texas, and it is so bad that the studio had called the theaters that carried the four existing reels and did not ask for them to bring them back; they told them to burn the copies. This is considered a lost film that I am the only person within 500,000 people who knows this exists. The film was shot on 35M, there is no lighting crew (so that you could see the shadows of the people, and at some points, of the camera), and it was filmed in the basement of an office building and surrounded with some white sheets and cardboard. There are computer animated sequences that look like blender if you had just put shapes on sticks, and there are scenes of going through colidescopes that tries to convince you of what telepathy is like. When I say that this will never be heard from again, I mean that it will NEVER BE RECOGNISED AGAIN FOR ANYTHING! There is only one use of this movie. We could set it aside in a drawer, and if eugenics ever becomes popular again, we could use this to decide who lives and who dies.