After the Fox (Caccia alla volpe) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

After the Fox (Caccia alla volpe) Reviews

June 19, 2016
After the Fox is a funny film. It is about Aldo Vanucci who is one of the greatest criminals of the world and a master of disguise. Peter Sellers and Victor Mature give amazing performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Vittorio De Sica did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor. After the Fox is a must see.
April 18, 2015
Peter Sellers makes the most of a so-so comedy.
½ April 10, 2015
misses on a lot of different lvls.
July 22, 2014
Most underrated comedy of the 60's.
September 23, 2013
A passable mid-60s comedy that is - unfortunately - not all that funny (kind of surprising considering this script came from Neil Simon at the height of his powers), but it's well made (courtesy of director De Sica), has an interesting, caper-ish premise, and features Peter Sellers doing the best he can with the relative lack of gags. Should have been better, but could have been worse.
August 27, 2013
Who was the "other" girl in this flic ? She played the sister of the fat guy ?
½ February 24, 2013
Funny movie, but a bit too zany of an ending for my like.
August 25, 2012
I was pleased to find out De Sica is not only an intelligent social drama director, but also has a very good taste at comedy.
August 17, 2012
Probably the most underrated of any 60s comedy. Abundant talent includes Sellers, Simon and De Sica - Italian director who is voted the greatest film in history "bicycle thieves" time and again - of which this film is its antithesis!
It's so camp and silly it's astoundingly funny to me. And it has possibly the most unashamed self parodying role in history -that of Victor Mature
½ July 15, 2012
"-I don't want to be 60. I want to be 40.
-How can you be 40 when your son is 35?" --Tony Powell & his agent.

A lesser known Peter Sellers film. Funny, but a bit dated. Unfortunately, most of the laughs come from Victor Mature & Britt Ekland, instead of Peter.
June 20, 2012
Not well known Sellers movie,but hilarious...
August 13, 2011
Not outstanding, but it was enjoyable to watch...
August 13, 2011
I was really surprised when I found out that Vittorio De Sica directed this. It certainly wasn't neo-realism. Despite what other people have said, I thought much of it was quite funny. It's very silly but what did you expect with Peter Sellers?
August 7, 2011
Apparently this film was a box office failure, but I *liked* it. I'm not a huge Peter Sellers fan, so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this comedy. Its characters are full of humor and, while the story is zany, it's somehow all done in a rather quiet way - as if it really doesn't know that the story it's telling is funny. Victor Mature is wonderful as a former leading man who is unwilling to admit he's aging. Overall, I liked this movie a lot and genuinely laughed quite a few times.
August 6, 2011
A very odd and mostly flat collaboration between Peter Sellers and Vittorio De Sica.....oddly self referential for it's time, some laughs though...
½ April 25, 2011
Netflix streaming is great for giving access to forgotten films. This one is not a gem, but worth a look. Peter Sellers plays an Italian crook trying to smuggle gold into the country by posing as a film director making a movie about a gold smuggler. Sellers is good, but Victor Mature as an aging Hollywood heartthrob is the real standout. The opening credits are kind of a goofy curiosity, with a strange theme song by The Hollies and animation clearly inspired by another Sellers film, "The Pink Panther."
½ April 19, 2011
Vittorio De Sica directed a comedy starring Peter Sellers, who knew? and there's a reason...it's not very good.
½ January 20, 2011
This much forgotten film is essentially a study in human ego. Everyone wants to be something. From being a master thief to a film actress to be in a movie, it shows exactly how farcial the movie industry can be. Although Selles puts in an inspired performance its not as good as his Pink Panther ones. Nevertheless, even a litle Sellers goes a long way.
½ January 4, 2011
not bad fun from sellers