After the Storm (Umi yori mo mada fukaku) Reviews

• Aug 26, 2020

After the Storm is a 2016 Japanese family drama film edited, written, and directed by Hirokazu Kore-eda 🍿 Meh, it passed the time. Just. 😐 👍🏼👎🏼

• Aug 18, 2020

After the Storm can come across as mundane in storytelling and dialogue for much of its length, but a terrific final act and a wonderful performance from Kirin Kiki truly encapsulates the entire feature and leaves it rather a wholesome experience.

• Jun 22, 2020

Koreeda always knows how to make deep character portrayals that are calm on the surface but roiling underneath.

• Jul 07, 2019

Grandma steals the show. But overall the movie felt a little bit incomplete

Grandma steals the show. But overall the movie felt a little bit incomplete

• Dec 26, 2018

wooW i have watched already few times using boxxy software Its cool!

wooW i have watched already few times using boxxy software Its cool!

• Oct 23, 2018

I really into this film. The color, the story, actors - actress and everything, they made me feel cozy and relax. Strangely, it revokes the feeling of "family" in me although the family of the main character in this movie is broken off.

• Sep 02, 2018

Koreeda will teach you how to live.

Koreeda will teach you how to live.

• May 21, 2018

Buena, lenta, muy lenta y casi aburrida. Va sobre un padre fracasado en la vida que lidia con su responsabilidad paterna y lo que significa triunfar en la vida. el fondo de la película es grandioso pero el desarrollo es tan lento que se las ideas se diluyen un poco.

• Apr 28, 2018

Slow and steady you might not win a bicycle race, but you will find empathy and affection for these realistic characters. The dialogs are well written too, but there are a lot of them! So unless your japanese is up to speed, you might end up watching only half of the images (the bottom half). I should watch it again without subtitles, but I know I won't.

• Mar 15, 2018

I'm a big fan of Koreeda and it's nice to see him back on the right track after a few films in a row now that didn't live up to my expectations. A novelist is slacking around. Betting away his earnings, out of real writing jobs and makes his money on stalking realationships for proof of cheating - and then by blackmailing one part of the couple. His father died recently and he never really liked him. Sadly he's looking more like him, accoring to his sister and mom. However, his biggest concern is that he rearly sees his son. He loves him. His ex-wife is dating another guy and he knows every move they're making. She seem happy, he's not, but he hangs on to a slight hope of a reuniting of their realationship. Lovely acted, very realistic and as humane as Koreeda is at his best. It's never flat but it slowly makes you sympathize for the man, while you at the same time understand the break-up. I felt that this film really had something to say and that a lot of people can relate to this film. Dads, mothers, grandmothers, sons, hard workers, slackers - they all have issues, this is telling a typical one, very brilliantly. 8 out of 10 lottery tickets.