Against The Sun Reviews

• Nov 12, 2018

Against the sun se une a el estilo de Biopics sin interes que pierde fuerza a lo largo de su historia, el primer tramo del film es impecable da muchas expectativas de los que sera una gran historia, pero su segundo acto y su final destruyen las expectativas de esta cinta que se va a lo basico.

• Nov 05, 2017

Excellent movie! For WWII history fans, this is a must see. Against The Sun gives you an inside look at what it could take to survive in a raft out in the middle of the ocean for an extended period of time. In this case, for 34 days they were stuck in a raft after crashing their plane in the ocean. Very well acted and the pace keeps you intrigued through the entire story. Very well done!

• Apr 17, 2017

Real story made to film, realistically. Very good reenactment with excellent effects, make-up, and decent acting. We can feel the time passing. But they had it easy, with a dingy that floated and two episodes of rain and fishes to eat.

• Feb 20, 2017

How do you make the true story of the monotony of being lost at sea interesting and entertaining... And should you? This just about does it

• Jun 14, 2016

Yes, another castaway film, but not a bad one either. A castaway film based on the true event of the US navy airmen who crash landed their plane and lost in the sea during the WWII. The story is set when the US response to the Pearl Harbor attack was underway. But three men are unfortunate to end at a vast pacific ocean. The film tells their survival story without food, water and medical attention until they plan to sail to the nearest island. There are many awesome films were in the recent times with this theme, so it looks like people are already tired of it. But I enjoyed it, I never get bored of listening to the true adventure stories like this. You know it is a low budget film with a minimal cast, but production quality was excellent. The amazing effort by all the three, especially towards the final act with their diet to match with the real event. Draco Malfoy, the bad boy from the 'Harry Potter' film series was very interesting. I never noticed him as close as in this one, because he never did a big role until now. So I hope he makes some fine roles in his future projects. In the B movies, this is really a top notch product. There are only minor flaws, and the scenes repeated from other similar films, because these things are very common in the castaway situation. So you can't blame the film for being so cliche, but you can try to appreciate the attempt. By the way, it's got a small twist at the end. It was the editing magic, otherwise if the story was told in a straight line from the beginning to the end, there would have been nothing but a usual tale. Now, do you think I would recommend it to you, definitely I do. 7/10

• May 07, 2016

Watch the first 5 minutes and last, along with the ending credits (for the real pics) and you'll have added an hour to your life.

• Jan 20, 2016

A horrific true war story of survival at sea

A horrific true war story of survival at sea

• Dec 11, 2015

True story and one I hadn't heard before. Definitely worth the watch.

True story and one I hadn't heard before. Definitely worth the watch.

• Nov 12, 2015

Another one to judge for yourself. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Another one to judge for yourself. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Nov 10, 2015

Such an amazing, strong powerful film of nothing but pure courage.

Such an amazing, strong powerful film of nothing but pure courage.