Quality of Life (Against The Wall) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quality of Life (Against The Wall) Reviews

½ January 11, 2013
dramatic and inspiring verry well done two penis' up
January 11, 2013
There are no words to explain this movie
January 11, 2013
Some of the acting is a bit shabby but its an Awesome Look into the world of a Graffiti artist! (This is about as close as it gets!)
January 11, 2013
Wow, i had low expentations, but whoa! This was a great movie.
January 11, 2013
god i loved it.. a must see
January 11, 2013
Anybody know where I can actualy buy this?
January 11, 2013
compeling! if you even like hip hop or graffiti a lil bit youll prolly like this one!
January 11, 2013
This film is directed by my college screenwriting professor. This film is really good for such a low-budget independent film. I really enjoyed the stationary camera shot, and there was some really great cinematography. The characters were well written and I think that the end is superb! I really loved the last scene and the last shot of the film. I am not just saying this because this is my professor's film, but because I truly enjoyed it and think that it should be seen by anyone who like independent film, or simply good film in general.
January 11, 2013
another good graff movies under Bomb the System.. shows the good n bad sides of graffiti
January 11, 2013
I liked this movie, because it seems like one not many people have seen of heard about. I also like movies that are about urban communities because the fact most are so real to life.

The two characters spend their nights using graffiti art to state their opinions & get caught & must face the consequences. Although I found some of the acting quite terrible, I still enjoyed the storyline wondering how it would all pan out for the guys. Needless to say, one turns his life around & the other makes his worse while choosing the easy way out.

It was fun to watch, felt like the storyline moved at a decent pace, but it pri won't be one I watch again. Although Lane Garrison is some good eye candy!
January 11, 2013
Benjamin Morgan gets props for making such a wellcrafted movie with next to no budget. Beautifully shot, especially the grainy night scenes, clearly inspired by the amateur films graffiti artists used to shoot on video to document their work. Morgan should have worked more on the dialouge with the actors, though, which comes out frightfully unnatural at times. Quality of Life is not the greatest graffiti movie ever (thats Style Wars, you ignorants), and could, were it not for the love Morgan and his photographer pours into these images, even be seen as an anti-graffiti movie, since it hints that writers seem to be prone to drug abuse and violent/suicidal behaviour.
January 11, 2013
This independent film is an authentic depiction of the graffiti lifestyle, with a documentary-style look, good photography, and convincing acting. In fact one of the two leads is a graffiti writer who also contributed to the script. The overall feel reminded me of Larry Clark's "Kids" in it's convincing look at a youth subculture, although with a more focused plot.
January 11, 2013
Really well-done. The plot is super melodramatic, but the movie is dope
January 11, 2013
based off the plot of Bomb The System and falls short but still one of my fav's
½ January 11, 2013
Surprisingly well acted for such a little film, and I guess I would have to agree with some reviews I saw in that it is the best graffiti based movie I have ever seen.
January 11, 2013
one of my favorite films ever. Definately shows the thrills and downsides to doing graffiti. If you can find it rent it or buy it.
January 11, 2013
Excellent film, the characters were really developed and the story was very realistic and authentic. I took Benjamin Morgan's class at UCSC this Spring Quarter ('07) and it was a blast.
January 11, 2013
I recommend all writers to watch this
January 11, 2013
almost as good as bomb the system
January 11, 2013
one of the best depictions of graffiti artists and urban life i've come across