Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express Reviews

• Nov 22, 2019

I thought it was pretty solid; if there hadn’t been any previous versions to compare to, sadly this movie would have a much higher rating on here. Nonetheless, the story is still a great one, and the portrayal here well done.

• Aug 20, 2019

Terrible! The 1974 original with Albert Finney and Lauren Bacall is a treasure. This one is a mess. Hercule Poirot with a laptop? Oh, please. This one is embarrassingly boring.

• Apr 27, 2018

It is a great story, but does not translate into the most exciting movie.

It is a great story, but does not translate into the most exciting movie.

• Mar 02, 2018

Alfred Molina never manages to capture Poirot in his full glory, but thanks to some smart storytelling and modern updates, Murder on the Orient Express somewhat manages to present Agatha Christie's famous novel.

• Dec 13, 2017

Have you ever listened to Justin bieber's baby song, its like that but a movie.

Have you ever listened to Justin bieber's baby song, its like that but a movie.

• Jan 21, 2015

I couldn't even watch the whole movie. I made it about 40 min in before I had to shut it off. They tried to make it up to date for the year 2001... adding in a laptop, a stylus for a pda, cell phone, and a vhs tape... No. Just no. Furthermore, the train wasn't in a snow storm. The train stopped because of a landslide and boulders blocked the path. Since it's not cold out, anyone could get off the train! Ugh.

• May 16, 2011

Nah, this film is nowhere near brilliant but i think it is enjoyable enough flick. Anyway i liked Alfred Molina.

• Feb 08, 2011

Not 5 starts just because they added technology to the story! Laptop?? Really??!

• Nov 26, 2010

Read the book instead.

Read the book instead.

• Sep 12, 2010

This is a made-for-TV update of the Agatha Christie classic. The cleverness of the basic story is there, but to me this version does not stand up well next to the 1975 feature film or the recent David Suchet version of this story. A few of the modern updates are clever. Many others seem quite contrived. This is definitely a different Hercule Poirot from the original, and one I found far less interesting.