Agent Cody Banks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Agent Cody Banks Reviews

½ December 12, 2014
This is more of just a nostalgia trip for me. It was kind of a staple of my childhood.
½ September 17, 2014
Pretty bad, but not without at least some entertainment value.
August 21, 2014
11 years ago when this came out, I loved this movie like nobody else on the planet, I had my dad take me to it at least 4 times in the theater and now I can really see all of the problems this film has. Nothing here really stands out and the script is weak in my opinion. All the jokes fail to make you laugh, the characters are one dimensional, the acting is bland and not very good, and most of the action disappoints. When Cody Banks would look like he is doing a stunt, it is clearly obvious that there were stunt doubles doing all the work because the camera at times would just film his legs and they could have done a better job at making it look like Frankie Muniz was doing the skateboarding and snowboarding. The cgi and green screen whenever it showed was weak and wasn't convincing at all. Frankie Muniz was only okay in my opinion, but he didn't contribute much of anything. Hilary Duff came off as a bland actress and she wasn't believable at all, she was only put on here because of her Lizzie McGuire show and for her looks and not for her nonexistent acting abilities. Connor Widdows as Cody's brother Alex was annoying and I hated every moment he was on screen. Ian McShane played a very weak villain and all he does is walk around and talk about his evil plan. Flaws aside, the only things I liked about this easily forgettable movie were that I thought that the fight scenes were mildly entertaining and were decently choreographed and I thought the plot involving the nanobots was believable and interesting.
August 6, 2014
Good action and humour that the whole family can enjoy.
½ July 24, 2014
It's not horrible, but very easily forgettable. It tries to be like James Bond for adolescents, but has the appeal of a lackluster kid's movie like recent Spy Kids installments.
July 5, 2014
Unfunny and uninspired
June 30, 2014
Frankie Muniz plays a young teen spy who must save the world and the girl (Duff) and in while doing so he gives kids what they want, but offers nothing special.
½ April 9, 2014
THIS MOVIE IS TERRIBLE AND GROSS! THEY KISS AT THE END! THEY PROBABLY GOT COOTIES! MY MOMMY SAYS THAT KISSING GIRLS IS BAD BECAUSE YOU CAN GET DISEASES LIKE CONAN DISEASE! MY MOMMY SAYS THATS HOW I WAS BORN! I'M 6! HOW OLD ARE YOU? MY MOMMY SAYS NOT TO TALK TO STRANGERS ONLINE BUT THEN AGAIN SHE GOT CONAN DISEASE! SO WHO DO I TRUST? NO ONE! I LIVE THE THUG LIFE #BIRDGANG BRUH! AALSO HILLARY DUFF CAN GET IT ;). BUT I AM 6 AND DON'T LIKE GIRLS
March 13, 2014
Maybe I should watch it again cause I don't remember it being that bad.
½ March 6, 2014
The story is about Cody Banks played by Frankie Muniz, some guy who went nowhere with his life gets plucked out of the suburban obscurity to be trained as a secret agent for the CIA. His mission is to get close to his classmate Natalie Connors played by Hilary Duff so that he can uncover her father Dr.Connors played by Martin Donovan's diabolical scheme to create indestructible robots. But of course he has to deal with his human life as well which includes his parents, his homework and his self-esteem. When I first watched this movie, it was badass! I still remember parts of it and I still remember it being great. The action was memorable, the climax and ending was great and we had a somewhat good villain. Agent Cody Banks gets a solid 8.6/10.
March 5, 2014
Suffering from a rushed through screenplay and a kooky feel to it, this movie is like a kid who had to much caffeine: unpredictable, unsettling, and clumsy.
February 25, 2014
the thing that made this movie bearable was Angie Harmon.
February 20, 2014
This movie is ok but would only want to each it once. Not very recommended
½ January 25, 2014
one of my favorite movies
January 23, 2014
From what I remeber, it was some pretty hokey, unoriginal stuff. Just anohter deriative movie to be honest.
½ January 9, 2014
it was good when I was a kid. keyword "was"
½ December 27, 2013
Very nostalgic and has a lot of fun moments!
October 6, 2013
A fun and exciting start to this film gives it a great chance of being fun and entertaining. For a children's film they have spent time on sets and gadgets and placed some highly skilled actors in the roles making for a very professional job. Toys and teenagers make things exciting and give the chance for a lay back and to dream, enjoy. Nibbles: Chocolate Éclairs.
September 22, 2013
Terrible acting.. Terrible Movie!!
September 20, 2013
nada mal de chico super listo a un agente de la CIA