Agnes Browne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Agnes Browne Reviews

January 16, 2016
that was my grammy's name :)
September 5, 2015
Great introduction to this comedy franchise.
½ August 31, 2014
More a nice observation of Dublin lifestyle in late 60's but as a film, lacking a great deal in direction and script.
March 9, 2014
A delightful story for all the family - a beautiful story that warms the heart, makes you laugh and feel for the matriarch that is Agnes Browne. Fans of BBC's hit comedy series Mrs Brown's Boys will find the backdrop to it through this film.
½ March 4, 2012
Set in Dublin in 1967, this extremely old-fashioned melodrama, about the struggle of a young widow to support her large family, is a throwback to the woman's picture of yesteryear and barely a notch above TV-Movie-of-the Week.
June 5, 2010
Films about widows and kids and money lenders and dreams and best friends and happy endings are just the best thing to watch, any day of the week. They give me hope and lift me up and make me a believer again, if just for this moment.
½ March 21, 2010
Reminds me of my youth in Ireland in the late 60's early 70's. I was only a child but do remember the crack, awful housing and the fight for money. This film captures this really well. Perfect for a girly Sunday afternoon with a glass of wine
January 28, 2010
Reminds me of my youth in Ireland in the late 60's early 70's. I was only a child but do remember the Craic (sense of humour), awful housing and the fight for money. This film captures this really well. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon.
March 3, 2009
I loved this movie, makes you laugh, cry
July 22, 2008
I LOVED this movie. It was such a good story of survival, friendship, and family. The Irish setting was just perfect, the acting strong - even the children were believable. If I leave a movie feeling like a child who has been sitting in someone's lap for a couple of hours while she was told the most wonderful story that she could just get lost in, that is the ultimate movie experience for me. Also had that feeling after seeing Chocolat and Jumanji, both of which I have seen at least three times.
July 12, 2008
This has got to be one of my favourite films of all time! Its a real bittersweet kind of movie- one minute it will make you cry, the next minute it has you in fits of laughter! definitely recommend it..........Just remember to have in a box of kleenex!
March 24, 2008
never liked tom jones music until agnes dances with the broom.brilliant performances and another hilarious tearjerker
March 7, 2008
i love this movie.i have it on dvd, always watch it when the st patty's day parade is here. some of things i would of never thought of. but know since i'm from an irish family. the book, the mammy goes on in detail and is even more funny. the friendship between Marian and Agnes is sweet.The kids are rocks for Agnes. And than you have TJ what more can a gal want ;D
February 25, 2008
Old Agnes. She's a crazie after my own heart. She fixates on musicians and their music. Like Darby O'Gill and his obsession with capturing leprechauns, she has her heart set on one thing and no one who can't think big is going to make her think small. Although we don't foresee it, most likely we will all end up with 80 children and a bunch of dishrags in our hands, but not many of us will retain a willful, youthful spirit that guides us like an old friend and not many of us will have a close encounter with Tom Jones.
February 10, 2008
A brilliant movie. Brings out all your emotions. Watched it with friends and we were so impressed we now go to the shows.
January 3, 2008
I really enjoyed watching this movie, seeing how brave and feisty Anglica's character was. I laughed and cried - tissues, definitely!
November 28, 2007
This movie had it all. The laughs and the tears and the love. I felt somehow it portrayed a real life situation. Anjelica Huston and the rest of the cast really out done themselves in this project. I really enjoyed every bit of this movie.
November 24, 2007
Du fou rire au larme, un film peu connu mais une histoire irlandaise à ne pas manquer. Angelica Huston tip top
½ November 23, 2007
this is one of my favorite movies...