Agnes Browne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Agnes Browne Reviews

November 4, 2007
Entertaining. Fun characters. great acting...but there's so much the movie doesn't talk about but should've...taking account of the era and culture... so forth, turns it into a middle aged woman's fairtytale.
October 18, 2007
Toucing and real. One of my all time favourites!
September 4, 2007
...men may be strong and never give in - yet so much stronger are the women ;o) That's what friends are for...
July 10, 2007
I loved this film, it provoked many thoughts for me... imagain living in Dublin in the 60's
June 13, 2007
fucking cried my eyes out.
½ June 12, 2007
A lot of people have never even heard of this movie, which is sad b/c it's really good. You will cry, so get the tissues, but most of it is funny. If you ever want to remember why you keep going every day, watch this movie, you'll remember.
June 8, 2007
Good life story if you like those kinds of movies.
½ May 11, 2007
This is pretty funny.
Has good bits... and a very good start.
I would recommend it.
February 14, 2007
7.5/10. Charming and touching film, lovingly directed by Anjelica Huston. She also gives a very convincing portrait as the title character. The film is moving and funny, well acted by all, great Irish setting, finely writting. A solid and excellent film.
January 16, 2007
LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie!
Marion's "organisms" HILARIOUS!!
January 10, 2007
I did not find this to be a great movie - but it was an enjoyable enough movie. It was a two-sided film and the two sides didn't blend well enough for me. On the one side you have a very beautiful story of friendship - quite poignant and well done performances by both Anjelica Huston & Marion O'Dwyer. The other side of this though was quite silly - with Tom Jones (actually playing himself) coming to the rescue so to speak in the end. This also had a sort of cheap romantic novel side to it..just too many things going on and never quite jelled for me. But as I said, still in all was enjoyable enough. If there could be a 2.5 stars that is what I would have truly rated it. But since there are no half stars to be found here as far as rating - I'll give it 3 stars - as I did enjoy the part of the story that dealt with the friendship between the two woman.
½ December 10, 2006
Extremely boring. Do not bother watching, absolute waste of time.
February 7, 2006
I love this movie.
Irish comedy - Anjelica Huston is a great actress.