Aguruphobia Reviews

• Dec 03, 2015

Astonishing humerus what's next recommend to anyone who like comedy

Astonishing humerus what's next recommend to anyone who like comedy

• Dec 02, 2015

Loved this movie so funny would watch it over and over again if you have not seen it i suggest you do

• Sep 26, 2015

I had the chance to watch this cool film in the Heart of Santa Ana Ca. let me tell you what a relief it was to finally see our film makers create something that doesn't shine a light on our stereo types. I mean a film that goes against the grain in every way on how the Latino community is viewed. The film hits home on a few different levels. We all might know someone like Crystal Luna; her issues are very real and could spell disaster. As for the film, loved it, no gang bangers or pregnant "Latina teens", finally we sit, we watch we laugh and then realize hey... this is a different story than we're used to. The film touches on life's reality of mental illness and how it can escalate rather quickly if not treated. I genuinely liked the film; the Guru is exactly how most of us picture a self-help "TV" personality. We see them on TV and wonder how they really live their lives. Anyway, good film, good acting and the story is great. Love the wacky costumes and the comedy is on point, flows really well at the right moments which reflect how well the directing and writing of the film is. Great job guys! I highly recommend this film. Nanak, Crystal and her crazy side kick are characters not to be missed. Get out and watch this movie, you'll love it.

• Sep 25, 2015

Spoiler alert...the tortilla art in this film is hilarious! If you like to have a good laugh with your film and you don't take your religion too serious then Aguruphobia is for you. This is an ambitious indie that is bi-cultural. I was captivated by the pulse of the film very hip and new age

• Sep 23, 2015

Half a star because I liked the rainbow jumpsuit. Perhaps the most awful movie of the decade. Really hard to follow, jumping form reality to acid trip to bad memory. This isn't the story of a guru meeting his most avid follower. It's the story of what a nutjob his most avid follower is. A viewer develops no empathy for her or any other character in the film. Strange effects, like when a yellow light hovers over a woman's crotch, or when someone's head melts really badly. When the scene came where there's a gun, I wanted them both to die so the movie could end--and I am a pacifist. It was that bad. The promos say it won an award at a festival, but it doesn't say what festival. I assume it was the Dead From The Neck Up festival. It doesn't even deserve the label "Indie."