Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry Reviews

August 30, 2013
saw it on Netflix. An eyeopener. "One man can be stronger than the state"
½ August 1, 2013
An insight into the life and times of quite an interesting fellow, AND his own vendetta against his country's government continued secrecy, intimidation, censorship and corruption.
July 13, 2013
A remarkable look inside Ai weiwei's personality and his pursuit of free speech in china by the use of his expressionistic art form which takes a great, compelling, widely known story and makes it deeper, fuller and better.
June 1, 2013
I want to do it my #Weiwei!
May 1, 2013
A fantastic documentary about one of the most courageous artists living today.
April 19, 2013
Insightful. Shot over 3 years we get an inside view to the workings of Ai Wei, his thinking, how he came to be, his unusual relationship with his wife, and lover/mother of his son (not his wife). Like many great artists, it is his deep-thinking philosophies that creates the art.
April 18, 2013
Amazing. A very important hero. The film making doesn't get in the way at all, and tells the story well. It feels so positive, and he comes over as brave but humble, intelligent, wise, inspiring. Truly special.
½ March 28, 2013
Just watched. Very cool and interesting doc.
March 27, 2013
CRASH THE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENTS TURN INTO DEMOCRACY AND THEN CALLED REPUBLIC OF CHINA I HOPE!!! IS DIFFER THE TAIWANESE REPUBLIC NOT CHINESE REPUBLIC!!!!!!! HHHHMMMMMMMMM!!!
March 20, 2013
Never retreat; re-tweet!
½ March 10, 2013
A good doc about Ai Weiwei.
March 3, 2013
So incredibly engrossing and captivating. Puts "Exit Through the Giftshop" to shame.
March 2, 2013
Eye opening look at activism in the digital world
February 10, 2013
Wonderful documentary. Didn't know anything about him, and now I feel ashamed that I didn't before. Hugely important artist, hugely important champion of freedom. I love what this man is doing.
February 9, 2013
Incredible documentary about a soft spoken Chinese revolutionary who is using his art and fame to try to make a difference in China
½ February 5, 2013
ai weiwei is a bold artist who continually creates in order to express, communicate, and document the world and (in)humanity around him. encouraging participation, connection, and shining a constant light on his country's political and economic realities, his main gallery is the internet and he embraces all its tools with a generous spirit and soulful appeal. marvelous.
(note: i love how he is constantly snapping pics with his phone to tweet, including meta-pics of press photographers shooting him. you can sense he is giggling and winking inside. awesome.)
February 3, 2013
Valuable doc that showcases Weiwei's wise subversive actions. The film didn't always keep me engrossed, but it often proved extremely fascinating.
½ February 2, 2013
Outstanding movie about an amazingly brave individual who is an inspiration to all.
½ January 24, 2013
Good film to learn about the artist and activist.
January 23, 2013