Ain't In It For My Health: A Film About Levon Helm Reviews

• Aug 03, 2014

One of the many greats. In the music fabric.

One of the many greats. In the music fabric.

• Jun 09, 2014

one of the few true southern giants. beautiful

one of the few true southern giants. beautiful

• Apr 29, 2014

Levon Helm is my favorite drummer, so I thought I would take a look at this film. As a fan of The Band and The Last Waltz, I found this film to be quite interesting. I knew there was bitterness but I never knew what happened. This film gives you some insight into that but more about what he became and his comeback. Its a great little movie.

• Apr 24, 2014

Very interesting documentary about an amazing musician. It mostly focuses on the time after the Dirt Farmer album is released. Unfortunately, it only scratches the surface of the personality and life of Helm.

• Feb 11, 2014

This is a top notch music doc. It not only spans the career of Levon Helm, but it also hangs with him during the end of his life during a period as he made his first studio album in 25 years, which also took home a grammy (Dirt Farmer). Such a tribute to one of our greatest american musicians. Although it's bittersweet to watch him age with both a little grace and a little distain. Keeping this review to a minimum for lack of trying to oversell the simple, tenderness of the film. If your a lover of Levon, or The Band or just Americana music in general, this is a great watch. A redemption song...

• Jan 27, 2014

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE and why this is so important to you. STREAMER ALERT: Now on Netflix

• Dec 21, 2013

I liked it!!! Kind of sad!

I liked it!!! Kind of sad!

• Sep 28, 2013

Levon Helm is the mother fucking truth.

Levon Helm is the mother fucking truth.

• Sep 26, 2013

This is a great tribute to a truly seminal voice and spirit in rock and roll and American music who invented a lot of the drumming riffs we hear today. Wish there were more performances but still great.

• Aug 31, 2013

I had higher hopes for this documentary about the late great Levon Helm.

I had higher hopes for this documentary about the late great Levon Helm.