Air Panic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Air Panic Reviews

½ October 6, 2015
Horrible movie! They should give any profits (I can't imagine they made any) to Microsoft for the overuse of Flight Sim - which really was the only special effects in this movie. Most of it supposedly takes place in Chicago, Baltimore, and other US locations but every vehicle in the movie screams Canada. Tail numbers for US aircraft in the movie don't start with N. The premise of the movie is solid but I can't imagine a movie about planes flying into buildings had much luck in 2001/2002.
October 6, 2015
Cheesy, bad acting, vile script unreal dialogue. Visual junk food. Would have loved it more, but for the fact that since 9/11 and the most recent air disasters in real life, feel hyper-sensitive to anything to do with planes flying into buildings and falling from the skies. Notable for a still very cute Rod Rowland. And for a fabulously aged but still ballsy Barbara Carrera. In every scene she is almost shouting, "I'm Barbara Carrera, Listen to ME!" Fabulous stuff.
Not appropriate for ages: 0~8
Pause for ages: 9~10
Appropriate for ages: 10+
½ October 6, 2015
After watching this film, I got on a plane two days later. On the flight, I wasn't concerned about the plane crashing or anything, which means that the film did not freak me out, which means it failed.
October 6, 2015
Do not watch this. If you do, congratulations.
½ October 6, 2015
So-so terrorist thriller, what bothered me the most was the generally poor special effects. The acting is okay, it does move at a good pace, but it just doesn't convince.
½ July 6, 2013
It's a low-budget and not terribly original airplane hijack movie, with an unintentional and unfortunate resemblance to 9/11 at the film's start. Of special note is the terrible CGI planes, but there's also some pyrotechnics and good but brief use of model planes (I assumed they were models, failing apart all over the runway and such). The acting was by no means great, although it got considerably better once Mr. hysterical guy left the plane, so to speak. But whatever. I liked it for what it was, low-budget late-night fodder. (Although the villain was a little over-the-top..) Compared to most of the low-budget crap I watch, this wasn't bad, at all.
September 9, 2008
Kristanna Loken's just OK in terms of acting. Not good and not bad either. Rodney Rowland was quite a surprise as the hero. He provided the only solid good acting in the movie. Besides Kristanna Loken being OK and Rodney Rowland being really good, everything else about this movie is garbage in its purest form. This is one of the worst scripts I have ever seen and no wonder it was a low budget flick.
½ April 26, 2008
This movie is sooooooo bad. I put this one on whenever I have trouble sleeping - works every single time!

The acting is horrible, there are many unrealisric survival scenes. I especially hate the scene where Rodney's character climbs up a "Airport Ladder", somebody drives him next to the plane that is going on the runway and he manages to jump from the ladder and into the plane. Uh...

But the worst is the villain. He sits somewhere unknown, he can control the plane by his computer - and he dosen't do anything but empty threaths! And of course they figure out a way to fool him... the ending is SO BAD.
½ December 4, 2007
This was just stupid - especially the ending.