Airheads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airheads Reviews

September 16, 2014
"Airheads" es una especie de re-make barato de "Dog Day Afternoon". Steve Buscemi, Brendan Fraser y Adam Sandler interpretan a los integrantes de una patética banda de rock que secuestra una estación de radio para que toquen su cinta demo. Los actores se esfuerzan, pero la historia pierde interés después de unos 15 minutos.
August 13, 2014
This movie is rock 'n roll. I thought it was pretty funny and very entertaining.
½ July 21, 2014
The amps are on but nobody's home.

Saw it again! Great Comedy! This is a great movie that simply doesn't get alot of credit. This movie has an original plot line with good humour and good acting. Keep in mind that this movie comes very early on in the careers of all three title characters. Personally I find the calibre of acting that Fraser and Sandler have in this movie better than some that came afterwards. I highly recommend this movie is you want to watch a good movie, not something you will have to work up to sitting thru.

Three would be rockers Chazz, Rex and Pip, known as The Lone Rangers plan to play their demo on a recording company, but then they're turned down rudely. Then they decide to try the famous rock n' roll radio station, but are not accepted either. Then they decide arm themselves with squirt guns and take the station hostage for not playing their demo. But the three get more than what they have bargained for.
July 18, 2014
Tons of amazing guest appearances by actors from all over the comedy genre and such. A fun idea follows an entertaining story.
½ July 16, 2014
This movie is wonderful. What the fuck is wrong with you people? It's Dog Day Afternoon robbed of all political and social significance, which are replaced by generic burnout rebellion. What more could you possibly want?
June 18, 2014
Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi, Brenden Fraser, a three man duo.
June 8, 2014
this I really did find funny Brendan Fraser Adam Sandler and Steve Buscemi were hilarious together I love the story of a band Stuck radio station surrounded by police also love Chris Farley's roll decent flick
½ May 26, 2014
Pretty lame with a few chuckles
May 22, 2014
not bad, everyone is so young!!
½ May 22, 2014
Funny, everyone I've spoken to loves it. But I guess it wasn't up to the Ivy League professional movie reviewers standards. Metal Rules!!
May 19, 2014
Funny and quirky enough to enjoy. Fraser, Buscemi, and Sandler are fully committed to the ridiculous premise.
½ May 19, 2014
One of those dumb comedies that came around in the nineties about a rock and roll band holding a radio station hostage in order to get their demo tape played and scoring a big contract- the thing that made this one special was definitely the cast- Brendan Fraser is the leader of the band, while Adam Sandler and Steve Buscemi are his cohorts in crime- they all had there moments and I'd give Buscemi the nod for best out of the three- they surprisingly had some depth to them, especially Fraser- but there's not a whole lot to this one, the cast, some of which were barely starting out, is the only reason to give this a look- you also have some cameos of Chris Farley and David Arquette-the film has a carefree and easy going approach throughout almost seeming like a long Saturday Night live skit- if you were ever in a band, or just a fan of big hair rock n roll, give this one a gander
½ May 5, 2014
Not as nearly as bad as the 21% Rotten Tomatoes ratings state. First of all, comparing to the shitstorm of remakes and sequels we have with a >60% rating today, this movie has an actual original script. Second of all, even though this film came out after Reservoir Dogs and Steve Buscemi was already well known, this was way before The Mummy for Brandon Fraser and before Billy Madison for Adam Sandler. Moreover, this was the first time ever Adam Sandler was in the main cast. So this was way before the commercial success. Thirdly, I really enjoyed the Wayne's World (radio host, Chris Farley, rockstar appearances such as Rob Zombie and Lemmy) and Ghostbusters (Ernie Hudson and Harold Ramis' cameo) influence. And of course it wouldn't be an Adam Sandler film if Allen Covert is not in it.
I can't say that this is one of the better 90's comedies, but it's a light film that deserves to be watched at least once. Definitely not a 21% rating movie.
April 27, 2014
lame movie, only decent thing was the cast, it had a very unrealistic scenario, and was for the most part a disaster.
½ April 13, 2014
Dumb 90s band comedy that kind of reminds me of Spinal Tap, but not as good. It's not funny, extremely outdated, and not very exciting.
The 90s grunge band The Lone Rangers hold a rock radio station hostage until they play their demo tape. This causes an uprising with the police and with the staff of the station when the guns the band is threatening them with are just water guns.
Like I said, not very funny but has a significant cast (pre-popular Sandler, Buscemi, Fraser, Chris Farley). It's not unbearable, but dumb. It's filled with slapstick, partying, and rock n roll.
½ April 8, 2014
Airheads is a nineties gem. Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi and Adam Sandler are a funny trio, and really make this an entertaining, although stupid, movie. I think the soundtrack could have and should have been better, but it is an amusing movie on the whole. (First viewing - In my early twenties)
March 12, 2014
Cheesy, stupid, but entertaining nonetheless being a music fan....more of a guilty pleasure 90s film for me....
½ February 28, 2014
not bad holds up decently
February 9, 2014
one of my favorites.. Great one liners
February 3, 2014
Lacking big time. I thought the cast would have been better. Sandler and Farley were the only good parts of this movie, and they were barely funny at all.