Airheads - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Airheads Reviews

½ December 23, 2013
A forgettable, unfunny comedy.
November 24, 2013
It might be a ridiculous and completely dumb film by most critical standards, but dammit, the movie is entertaining and was not meant to be taken seriously. It's pretty hilarious.
November 17, 2013
It looks as though Airheads could have been a good movie, or at least a fairly decent one, but they just kept screwing it up. Many of the characters are just plain jerks, and I think they made some pretty poor casting choices. Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi are okay, but why'd they pick Adam Sandler? That guy can't even act! The story seems very improbable, and I can't help but think that it glamorises the very rock and roll terrorism that the main characters didn't really want to have to resort to in the first place. But in all fairness, the film doesn't exactly stereotype heavy metal too much. In fact, the film actually makes numerous covert references to metal bands that were popular at the time, and if there's one good part of the film, it's that they actually got White Zombie to play on a stage for this film. All in all, this film does have its moments, but it's mostly crap, mainly because there's absolutely no jokes whatsoever, even though it's supposed to be a comedy movie.
October 19, 2013
The Lone Rangers haha
September 25, 2013
Still a classic. Even Nucky Thompson starts somewhere.
September 12, 2013
I really loved this movie growing up. Critics and most movie watchers hate it. I used to see it on Comedy Central when I was young, and I would watch it every time it was on. It has a great feel to what it's like to be the lonely metalhead in the town. We all have friends who dig our music, but some things are just ours. I was never the biggest Brendan Fraser fan, though I do not deny his skill as an actor, and I love the Mummy films for sure. This is certainly one of Adam Sandler's earlier roles, pre- Billy Madison, pre-Waterboy, real early. It was the fist hook up for him with Steve Buscemi as well. In a way, it was a start for people to really know him outside of SNL. I am a huge buscemi fan as well ever since Reservoir Dogs in 1992. An honorable mention to Joe Mantegna who really makes this film for me in so many ways. Such a big fan of his work and style. As far as the story, its original but very basic and it all works out in the end. If you are the kind of person who loves to rock out and likes comedy and sticking it to the man, this is film for you, give it a watch.
½ August 22, 2013
Liked Farley, Mantegna and of course Buscemi ... the rest? ugh. Some funny bits but not anything worth writing home about.
½ August 17, 2013
This movie is really bad! It has a painstakingly awful script. It was obviously written by an "Airhead". Not much to say about this stinker!
July 12, 2013
This movie had some classic characters in it. I am not really sure how so many people didn't like it. I laugh so hard every time I watch it.
½ July 8, 2013
i expected more as the actors are great. rock and roll lover will enjoy this.
July 7, 2013
Airheads is one of the laziest & worst comedies I have ever seen, it doesn't even try to bring out some laughs, while every performance was impressive but every joke was just like getting suckered punched in the face because of its low jokes!
July 4, 2013
Entirely under rated. An awesome fucking movie.
½ June 20, 2013
Screw you, this is funny. Also, reminds me of junior high.
TheDudeLebowski65
½ June 1, 2013
Airheads is a fun and entertaining comedy that could have been much better, but for what it is, it is a film that is quite decent to average, but you can clearly see that it does fall short of its potential. The cast are quite funny in their roles, and this was one of the few films where Adam Sandler was enjoyable and fun to watch along with others such as Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy. Brendan Fraser is interesting as well, but the one who steals the show is Steve Buscemi and Chris Farley. Airheads does have good moments and rewatching it years later, I enjoyed it more so. For rock and metal fans, you're sure to enjoy the cameos by Motorhead vocalist Lemmy Kilmester and a short performance by White Zombie. If the script would have been reworked slightly, this would certainly have been a great comedy, as it is, it's a decent film with good on-screen gags. I did enjoy the film, but like I previously stated, felt that the film could have been reworked to make the jokes stands out more. Airheads is worth seeing if you want a fun and entertaining comedy, but it's not a stand out picture either. Go into this one expecting some laughs with decent performances and you won't be disappointed. Airheads is fun for what it is, but the idea for the film is interesting and the humor is silly and good, mindless entertainment. This is worth checking out if you want to watch one of the better Sandler films. With that said, I don't think he was the standout actor here, but he was pretty good in his role as one of the dimwits taking the radio station hostage. Airheads is decent, but you have to wonder how good this film could have been.
May 30, 2013
it was alright I guess
May 24, 2013
Really not much funny here.
½ May 16, 2013
This is a great comedy from a golden age of SNL. Farley and Sandler are great in it as is David Arquette and Michael Richards tried very hard. One of the best characters is Marshall Bell's swat chief.
May 16, 2013
Music + Crime = not enough good jokes.
½ May 1, 2013
Kind of dumb but I like it
April 28, 2013
Three lovable idiots in a rock band highjack a radio station to play their demo. Watching these buffoons stumbling through a poorly conceived plan and sabotaging themselves every step of the way, is very funny and completely enjoyable. The movie sarcastically comments on some of the flaws within the music and radio industry, while spoofing the Rock and Metal culture too. Mostly it is just good spirited fun as the movie deliberately goes over the top with no shred of realism. Nearly all of the characters are goofy exaggerations and that makes it a lot of fun. Brendan Fraser, Steve Buscemi, and Adam Sandler are great together. They keep it simple, successfully playing it straight, and letting the metal-satire be the humor for their characters, instead of going wild. Their blank clueless facial expressions, flawed logic, and impulsive behavior make for funny dialogue with each other and sets up some ridiculous situations. It is fun to see these guys earlier in their career, before they became major stars. Michael Richards and Chris Farley add a lot with small but highly effective doses of goofy physical humor. Michael McKean and Judd Nelson are enjoyable as slime ball corporate music jerks well. Joe Mantegna, Ernie Hudson, Amy Locane, and David Arquette all bring something to the table as well. The subtle jabs on the music industry and the strong deep cast make it really fun.