Airplay: The Rise and Fall of Rock Radio Reviews

June 28, 2012
I am leaving the rating as incomplete for Airplay, considering the version show on PBS ran just 90 minutes-with a considerable chunk taken out for the pledge drive. Online sources say the doc runs anywhere between 110 to 150 minutes. If true, that would explain my major beef with the film: it runs through the information far too fast for anyone to really keep up with. Events and people are not given proper context while the editing and pacing is thrown out the window in an attempt to just "get through it." I assume these problems-and others-are remedied in the full version-if the full version even exists and the internet isn't lying.
Jason Vargo