Akumulátor 1 (Accumulator 1) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Akumulátor 1 (Accumulator 1) Reviews

March 29, 2012
Showcasing one or two great special effects, this is an otherwise forgettable pic.
January 3, 2009
Quite witty and funny critique of TV culture by one of my favourite Czech directors - Jan Sverak. It reminds me of comedies by Juliusz Machulski at his best times. I can recall two more movies about the bad influence of TV on human condition made in 1990s (Cable Guy with Jim Carrey and Smacznego Telewizorku, polish-czech coproduction), but Akumulator 1 beats them both.
November 5, 2008
I am dissapointed, for me it was not funny at all, save only few scenes. Way below the average for Czech movies :-(
½ May 4, 2008
Very funny and original. However, for a movie which wants to attract mainly with its simplicity and naivety, this one becomes a little overloaded towards the end.
½ March 13, 2008
I loved this film! I saw it at a film festival years ago and, for a while, forgot the title. Now I'm just desperate to find a copy on DVD. Definitely unusual, it is one of the most entertaining films I've seen - and I've seen a lot of films.
February 17, 2008
Another crazy czech movie. Definitely good fun for anyone in love with Czech language and Czech culture. Reminds me a bit of Polish "KingSize" but this one has no political allusions.
January 6, 2008
a true masterpiece if i ever saw one.