Al Borde de la Muerte (2001)

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

Una familia católica de Polonia esconde a un niño judío (Haley Joel Osment) de los nazis en este drama intenso del Holocausto. Willem Dafoe coprotagoniza como el cura comprensivo del pueblo. Yurek Bogayevicz dirigió y escribió el guión. Filmada en Polonia.
R (for some violence and sexual content)
Art House & International , Drama

as Young Jewish Man
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Al Borde de la Muerte

All Critics (2)

...remains an almost painfully dull piece of work throughout most of its interminable running time...

Full Review… | April 10, 2008
Reel Film Reviews

...a gutsy little film that dares to show us an intimate, child's point of view on the horrific events of Europe during World War II.

Full Review… | January 9, 2005
Movie Metropolis

Audience Reviews for Al Borde de la Muerte

Haley Joel Osment shines in this film. All the kid actors in this film are really good. Even Willem Dafoe does a great job playing the priest. The film reminded me of the movie, I Am David. I thought that film was much better than this one. I am surprised that the film didn't get a theatrical release. One problem that I had with the film was that I thought a lot of the adult actors were miscast. That was a bit distracting to me. Also the scenes of violence involving children were shocking. It reminded me of scenes that I would see in Lord of the Flies. There is one shocking scene in this film that reminded me of a famous scene in the film Hounddog starring Dakota Fanning. I know it is to show the horror during that time period, but I thought that the way it was handled here, wasn't done correctly. I do recommend the film especially for the performances of Haley, Willem, and the children in the movie.

Sol C
Sol C

An excellent little movie. Inevitably a sad movie yet containing much that is inspiring and some that is funny. The acting is all very good, especially by the child actors. Even those in some small roles do a fine job. Haley Joel Osment is, as usual, outstanding but a young British actor named Liam Hess outshines even Osment's performance.

David Duncan
David Duncan

Awesome Film that will stay with you forever.A fresh look at WWII & the Holocaust Struggle that you haven't seen before, from the perspective of an 11year old boy that is sent away, yet still profoundly affected.

Marilee Aschwanden
Marilee Aschwanden

Al Borde de la Muerte Quotes

Discussion Forum

Discuss Al Borde de la Muerte on our Movie forum!

News & Features