Al Franken: God Spoke - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Al Franken: God Spoke Reviews

½ January 24, 2013
OMG this is old, it was kinda funny when it come out
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting
½ April 10, 2012
a funny and insightful documentary into the world of the one and only al franken.
September 30, 2011
Though I'm not a big fan of the man he's become, this film does capture some of the big moments that changed him from comedian to politician. Production quality a bit shoddy, though.
July 2, 2011
I can't think of a single reason why I wouldn't want see Al Franken.
½ June 15, 2011
Nothing wrong with this one; but it is rather so-what also. I don't really see what this documentary/film does new ... with Franken I know all of this already. While I am a fan of his, I don't see why this needed to be made as it gives us nothing new. I'm not learning anything with this one. There have been better docs and there have been worse docs.
½ August 7, 2010
Al is loudly proclaiming his lack of purpose. A fairly useless and self-indulgent film.
½ July 24, 2010
Essentially a mildly entertaining Al Franken infomercial.
July 6, 2010
I'm a huge Al Franken fan, so this documentary about him was a must see. It covers much of his entertainment career on SNL, and then his early venture into political commentary on the Air America Radio network, which I listened to every chance I had. It covers his feuds with Fox News, especially Bill O'Reilly, and of course the other right wing nutjobs including Ann Coulter . This is classic stuff, some of which, is extremely funny. Franken is just a funny guy, no doubt about it, but the documentary only covers up until his thoughts of running for office, which as we all know, he won.
½ February 15, 2010
he needs to run for office...and he did!
February 17, 2009
So you want em to watch a documentary about a nut job that's also directed by the same nut job? yeah right.
February 4, 2009
I wish God would do us all a favor and smite this guy.
December 30, 2008
If you like Al Franken and liberals, you will love this doc. Cameras follow him around, and it's amusing as hell!
½ November 24, 2008
Really interesting if you're at all into Al Franken and his recent entry into politics
June 26, 2008
I actually got a little teary-eyed at this.
Granted, I've been drinking - but I think it had more to do with the intense despair I have experienced in this decade, and the little glimmer of hope - however faint - that Al Franken provides me with.
I hope to fucking God he reaches some of the people who need to hear his words.
He's also funny.
½ June 18, 2008
I imagine that Al Fraken has a very very difficult job. The bluster one must experience in a world of pundits is probably hurricane-like, so it's amazing that Franken can keep smiling and being funny. It's really his personality more than anything that drives this documentary, but it's a little hard to focus on him amid the hostile political climate in the US.
June 6, 2008
I think that most people expect Al Franken to be funny and never serious. So when they rent this film they get let down because it has more to do with politics and his life than just straight up humor. Personally I loved this film, it was so funny it hurt. but I also am from Minnesota, and I am really into politics. I believe this film has a point it shows Al's path to the race in the senate.
April 7, 2008
Pretty damn hillarious
March 22, 2008
Fucking hilarious if you hate the likes of Anne Coulter or Sean Hannity, etc.
March 7, 2008
Nowhere near as entertaining as his books. Boring...I usually find his smearing against others who disagree with him entertaining... but this time its just ugly and dull.