Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day Reviews

July 10, 2017
Alexander and the terrible horrible no good very bad day. Deserves big laughing I must say it is a silly movie that I enjoyed so much it's my favorite movie! The acting to this movie was great so I have my favorite actors and actresses names in my review, I love watching this movie so much! Family's should watch this silly Comedy I definitely recommend it.

Steve Carell played Ben Cooper
Jennifer Gardner played Kelly Cooper
ED Oxenbould played Alexander
Dylan Minnette played Anthony
Kerris Dorsey played Emily
Elise Vargas played Baby Trever
Bella Thorne played Celia

My favorite characters were Alexander, Anthony, Emily and Celia

So all of theme made a good cast and crew I loved it!
½ June 14, 2017
When something fresh and successful comes along, everyone wants a piece of it. Shortly following the films release, a number of copycats emerge and to be honest most of them are terrible. Maybe it's because we tend to compare it to the original or maybe it's because the scripts are rushed and just aren't that good. In any case, after the release of the Wimpy Kid series, we saw a lot of these family comedies, centering on the not so popular kids, and as expected, most of them were awful, with one notable exception. Alexander's bad day focuses on a young man whose birthday coincides with his first day of middle school, which doesn't go so well. After receiving no sympathy from his family, Alexander wishes that they all had their own bad day, and the results were hilarious. This isn't the typical PG family comedy you see from Disney, as it was quite raunchy for them and really pushes the boundary of that PG rating. Ed Oxenbould stars as Alexander and fits the role like a glove. Oxenbould looks and sounds kind of awkward, after all it is a strange age, but watching him gave the feeling that he's not all that unfamiliar with being unpopular. Possibly playing on real life experience, he rivals Alex Gordon with a performance that was not only believable, but it was also very funny. Another advantage this film has over the Wimpy Kid series is that the young cast has help from some of Hollywood's elite, as co-stars include Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner. The pair give a lot of support and the producers use them to break-up the middle school monotony that would has surely ensued. While not my usual genre, I loved the Wimpy kid series, but Alexander's bad day is more than an adequate alternative for those who are looking for something a little bit different.
May 4, 2017
A half-hearted effort from Disney. They almost spoil what to many is a treasured children's book. Having said that it is watchable. (First and only viewing - 5/27/2015)
April 26, 2017
LOOK IT'S CLAY JENSEN
½ February 6, 2017
funny entertaining family movie that had some good laughs and a good cast
½ January 18, 2017
Which is not perceived is why this movie was made. With a lot of cliches, unfunny and bad executed scenes, predictable narrative and weak screenplay, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day turns into a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad movie that doesn't allow actors give their best
January 18, 2017
Funny, hillarious, heart warming fun in every way
½ January 6, 2017
It may not be the best family comedy out there but Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day still benefits from a fine cast including Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner, a decent amount of laughs and some charm near the end of the movie leading to a sporadically amusing though forgettable family-friendly diversion.
December 29, 2016
I remember reading this book when I was younger and seeing this come to life with an amazing cast that portrayed each character perfectly made me realize that we really do need bad days so we can appreciate the good ones. A must watch if you enjoyed the book and even if you like sentimental, funny, and witty movies than you'll love this
November 14, 2016
Alexander is tolerable, but not consistently funny.
November 2, 2016
A very optimistic movie that I liked during the first half and most of the second half but as the movie approached towards its ending, it started going very unrealistic and too positive. Would have been a better movie if the movie makers had worked more on the ending.
½ November 1, 2016
A decent family film that has enough laughs to recommend to parents that want to entertain both themselves and their kids.
October 13, 2016
They still have their arms??
October 9, 2016
Great and funny movie!
½ October 4, 2016
Cute. About what you would expect, with bad things happening and a good happy moral ending.
September 12, 2016
Refreshing PG comedy from Disney , with a very outrageous fast paced plot which will keep the youngsters fully attentive. There are a few mature elements of comedy, but overall this film is one the whole family can enjoy !
½ September 3, 2016
This movie makes a funny comedy Alexander is always having a bad day but that's going to turn around for him. There are funny moments like when the mother needs to use the restroom and Anthony is in the restroom and the mother does not think to knock on the door and just opens up the door and Anthony is naked that was one of my favorite scenes. Some of the lines in this movie are rude humor. I thought Celia made a good enemy and not very nice to Anthony Celia was pretty funny. Another part of my favorite scene in the movie was when Anthony is talking on the phone and Alexander thinks Anthony is talking to him. But Anthony is talking to Celia and Anthony yells at his brother but Anthony's voice is talking through the phone so Celia thinks Anthony is talking about her in a mean way but it was a misunderstanding. This is a funny movie!
September 1, 2016
great to kill some time! I forgot to review it when i watched a couple months ago
½ September 1, 2016
No the best movie, but the comedy to it is good.
August 27, 2016
I actually remember reading this book in school. Got me to imagine what it would be like if I made a wish for my family to have their bad day so they'd understand how I was feeling.