Alexander Revisited: Final Cut - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alexander Revisited: Final Cut Reviews

September 3, 2018
excellent Movie on the subject however the character of Alexander is definitely more sexual then historical accounts would have people believe of him.
½ November 22, 2015
The best version by far
January 4, 2015
My favorite version of stones epic. Critics bashed the theatrical cut and viewers were left confused by the blonde hair and scots-irish accents. I found the film astounding the sets, characters, and beautiful shots of a world long forgotten. Though I hate Angelina Jolie in the film I just shrug it off. The battle scenes are some of the best in film history. Unlike most films where the battles are just 2 blobs smashing into each other, the battles feature real formations and tactics something I had never before seen in a film. For those who are not historians like myself I recommend a bit of research or listening to the awesome commentary with robin lane fox or Oliver stone, both do a great job of explaining scenes and sequences. To be honest the first time I watched this film in my basement with some friends I hated it hell I shut it off at Babylon, one day I popped in the DVD and watched it alone without being surrounded by idiotic friends who were mocking the film. I loved it , it was one of the best films I've ever seen in my entire life and nothing seems to come close in spectacle.
Thank you Oliver stone for another amazing film
September 11, 2014
Perfeito! Oliver Stone não só aprimora "Alexander" como complementa o que já estava excelente!
½ August 14, 2013
Not for the impatient as it is a slow-build film. Strong supporting performances but Colin Farrell lacks charisma and charm as Alexander. Too short of a film for the magnanimous figure yet too long as a piece of entertainment. Moments shine stronger than the whole.
August 2, 2012
If it improves the script, Colin Farrell and Angelina Jolie's performances, and the violence, then this must show Oliver Stone actually did a great job on Alexander, but the theatrical version isn't very good. Hopefully, his Revisited: The Final Cut will be true to it's historical storytelling.
Critique Threatt
½ January 3, 2012
Oliver Stone's "Alexander Revisited" is a much better version then the theatrical version. I felt as if I got a sense of the great Macedonian King and his massive campaign of the known world. The voiceover is greatly cut, non-linear storytelling is more heightned, Alexander's relationships is more clearer and never before scenes is added. The commentary by Stone is greatly appreciated as is the documentary features, furthermore the look of the film looks great. I greatly disliked the theatrical version it is now this final version of "Alexander" Stone should have shown to audiences. "Alexander Revisited" is Stone's "Blade Runner The Third Cut".
May 18, 2010
I'm not into these types of movies, needless to say I ended up watching it all. It wasn't horrible like some say. I did not see the original, only the final director's cut here. I admire and respect how movies like this are made and what goes into it. I would of chose a different actor for his Father though, Val Kilmer didn't seem to fit.
December 3, 2009
Far better than the original Alexander,this has a good mixture of action and compelling emotion.
½ July 20, 2009
As I liked the original "Alexander"... well there are some good scenes that were cut in the original movie that were good but I understand that the film was very very long.
April 3, 2007
Starring: Colin Farrell, Angelina Jolie, Val Kilmer, Jared Leto, Rosario Dawson, and Anthony Hopkins.
Directed by Oliver Stone.
Written by Oliver Stone, Christopher Kyle, and Laeta Kalogridis.
No MPAA rating (contains graphic battle sequences and some strong sexuality).
Running time approximately 3 hours 34 minutes.

Review Coming Soon! [b]**** (out of ****) A+[/b]