Alice (A Espera De Alice) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alice (A Espera De Alice) Reviews

October 27, 2011
Man, what a depressing movie! The expectations that has been building up throughout the entire movie would turn out to be nothing, since there is no resolution whatsoever at the end of the movie.
½ February 18, 2009
Excelente filme português de reduzidos diálogos. Poderosa interpretação de Beatriz Batarda e de Nuno Lopes.
September 24, 2008
The film was very effective in creating a mood and the acting was good, but it was sometimes hard to follow.
½ September 23, 2008
While I appreciated what the director was trying to accomplish in this tale of sadness and despair, the mere fact of the tragic situation was not in and of itself enough to move me to tears. I never felt strongly engaged with the main character, who is first presented to us after the child has already disappeared, and I found the transition between flashbacks and the present time difficult to follow.
June 1, 2008
i can understand whole film even if it was in Portugese
May 28, 2008
o melhor filme português que já vi! Apesar de não conseguir ser imparcial...
April 20, 2008
Demasiado lenta y monótona para mi gusto!
January 17, 2008
Very good Portuguese Movie. Although very sad story, very nice OST.
½ November 10, 2007
Two-year-old Alice mysteriously disappears from daycare center. The frantic sear...(read more...)ch for Alice begins immediately. As time passes, police investigation and media coverage both become less intense. Mario launches his own obsessive hunt for his little girl. His methods consist of a systematic analysis of images from surveillance cameras throughout the city and the constant distribution of photos of Alice. Faced with his wife's depression, Mario becomes more and more obstinate, always thinking of new methods to search for his lost daughter.
September 17, 2007
powerful, an excellent movie
July 10, 2007
The dispair of a man who lost what was most precious to him is painful to watch, but important nonetheless. Brilliant film.
April 23, 2007
A very sad portuguese film that was made based on a true story. Great performnce by the cast, especially by Nonu Lopes... A movie above the average of the portuguese movies.
½ April 18, 2007
Nuno Lopes did a great job realy great!!
this is a well directed portuguese movie,
½ December 17, 2006
Mental abyss. There´s nothing worst for a father or a mother than to endure the disapearence of their child. This is definitely the best portuguese film of 2005. The grey fotography of Lisbon is superb, the piano main theme is mindblowing, and the performances of Beatriz Batarda and especialy Nuno Lopes are really amazing. A final message to parents trapped in this situation: never quit... never stop looking. Your child may be out there.
December 13, 2006
I love crime dramas, this one seems good.