Alice Through the Looking Glass - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alice Through the Looking Glass Reviews

½ June 6, 2016
I absolutely loathed it! There was very unskillful special effects and a draggy storyline. I hope the 2016 version is much better than this.
December 30, 2013
Well, I guess it is supposed to be weird and disjointed...
December 19, 2012
Kate Beckinsale made an excellent Alice but the movie was kind of lacking.
December 7, 2012
Love alice in wonderland also thebook is good too, classic book.
September 9, 2012
much like the book I didn't understand much of it but he was off his head when he wrote it
March 7, 2012
Flixster Has This Under The 1987 Version, But This Is Actually The 1998 Version, For UK Television
½ March 2, 2012
Meandering, character heavy, and not much plot. Why yes, that describes Alice In Wonderland and the boring sequel. Through The Looking Glass.. This also describes this adaptation of the story. Sure a young Kate Beckinsdale is interesting, but this film largely is boring. Just one character after the other...
December 5, 2011
Done on a mega cheap budget this looks like a scene for scene shoot using the original dialogue from the book and not straying from the source material either. This makes it at the start kinda hard to follow but if your a fan of alice in wonderland it makes an interesting viewing experience. Because of the lack of budget thought has gone into the camera angles, props and acting of this to give it an incredibly out of this world and trippy feel. It must be the viewing verision of an lsd trip as it completely messes up any notions you had of the story. This is going to put people off or make them love it , me im all for it! Took a while to get used to it but the strange viewing experience it brings is great fun. A wonderfull little fairy tale which thou not for everyone is good for someone :D
½ January 2, 2011
Very accurate to Louis Carroll's story "through the looking glass". Love it.
September 25, 2010
I remember watching this movie on tv as a kid but all I could remember Ian Holm playing the knight then I figured out what the movie was.
September 11, 2010
actually, I'd prefer the one with Kate Beckinsale, made in 1998, just failed to find it here
July 15, 2010
Who cares about the rest of the movie ... Kate is so cute! This is actually the first I ever saw her and knew she was going to be someone very special.
July 15, 2010
This Film is amazing. It's Insane, Completely Mindboggling, And Drives you mad. it's Brilliant! Portrays the bizarre world of wonderland amazingly, as a bewildering land of beauty and horror. The acting is amazing, Especially from Kate Beckinsale, Penelope Wilton and most of all, Sian Phillips, Thoroughly entertaining, and one fo the funniest films i've seen. 10/10, *****
May 24, 2010
This is an absolutely ridiculous version of this story. I can't bear to watch the whole thing.
March 13, 2010
thoroughly enjoyed it even when it's the second time i've seen it ^^ although i guess you'd have to love the book as well to follow the narrative
½ March 5, 2010
John Henderson attempted to modernize through the looking glass. Didn't work... The transitioning between scenes and special effects seemed rough around the edges.
½ February 14, 2010
Maintains the verbal wit and cock-eyed frame of reference which is key in the telling of Carroll's story, but the film as a whole doesn't always work. Keeps most of the poetry though!