Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County Reviews

½ June 16, 2011
The best thriller indie movie ever! It's a classic thing!
May 11, 2011
I thought it was great. It creeped me out and didn't need special effects or music to do the job
½ January 13, 2011
One of the earlier fake documentary movies, not bad either. Definitely creeped me out a couple of times!
December 26, 2010
When I was a kid, this movie being aired on FOX as a "live broadcast" and it gave me a really good scare. If you're into extraterrestrials, horror, and/or "Blair Witch" style endeavors, be sure to check out the "Incident in Lake County".
December 16, 2010
I know it's cheesy and the acting can be laughable, but I really like this film, I love alien films in general, and this one is quite creepy when watched alone at night!
November 24, 2010
This movie was awesome,
SpunkyJamez
½ March 15, 2010
"It's THEM!"
Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County is probably one of the most tense experiences I've ever had - from a sci-fi film. Actually, the film is more of a horror, using the "found footage" genre that we see so much with horror.

SUMMARY:
The film follows a family called the McPhersons. The family are preparing for a nice family dinner, when suddenly the power goes out. The three brothers of the family - Kurt, Brian, and Tommy - go out to investigate, when they see something that appears to be a UFO. As they get a closer look, they a spotted by an alien, who zaps Brian on the hand with a strange beam of red light. They run back to the house, telling the family about what they saw. However, soon the aliens start to target the McPhersons.

REVIEW:
The film-makes try to make us believe that this is real footage, but it's obvious that it is fake. First of all, there's way too much drama in this, so it appears so much like a movie. Second, the effects are really fake. However, that doesn't matter to me, because this is such a horrorfying experience. All the stuff here is so creepy that it can be just as scary as The Blaire Witch Project. Whenever we see a red flashing light, you get tingles all over your body. One thing that I found totally creepy was the possessed liitle girl (daughter of Kurt), who acts very strange after the incident with the UFO. I did find it highly unoriginal, but the stuff that little girl did really did freak me out. Another strength was that they never used shock-horror. None of those cheap jump scares and stuff like that. The power going on and off, family members acting strange - it all sounds like a ghost story, and that was one of the main problems. This doesn't feel at all like aliens.

These actors weren't the real characters, though they kept stating that they were. One thing I like about "found footage" films is that we can relate to these characters. These are ordinary people, with problems just like ours. We can also enter the world of these people. What I mean is, you can be scared for them, because you're right with them (the camera). You can hope that they don't go into that room, or hope that they don't do that. It's easy to find some character annoying, and that's actually quite a positive. The acting from the cast was okay. Can't really say much though, but the performances were convincing.

The climax at the end may look kind of phoney, but it's totally scary. I swear, I will have a few sleepless nights now. Never has an alien film been this horrorfying. It's not exactly perfect, but I still think this is a well-made film, because it succeeds in doing what it set out to do - freak you out.
March 2, 2010
I thought this was a pretty good movie and very creepy.
½ February 2, 2010
This film is so bad you can't even put it in the famous "So bad it's good" genre, it's just pure awful. It fails to trick anyone into thinking it's real, the actors from the family to the snippets of others talking are poor and the script is dull and totally unrealistic.

Now to the Aliens, wow just wow, i understand this was made on a low budget but seriously? Small guys in black leotards and cheap grey alien masks isn't going to cut however blurry you make the camera when they are in shot.

Avoid avoid avoid! Thats my advice for this shocking piece of cinematic failure. If i could score it 0 i would.
January 18, 2010
It's official, aliens creep me the fuck out. They're just so damn weird and scary. After the disappointing The Fourth Kind, I decided to revisit this cheap little movie. I remembered it being campy and hokey, but apparently I was wrong. This was a lot scarier than I remembered and did have a fairly natural feel. There were some obvious attempts at character development, which got in the way, such as th forced "Oh, my sisters boyfriend is black and I'm not comfortable with this BLAH BLAH BLAH". Also some of the aliens methods were just pretty confusing, such as making two people kiss. What it does is avoid cheap jump scenes whilst gradually building to a climax of fear.
January 3, 2010
nunca la habia visto entera... siempre a pedazos...
y anoche... curiosamente en un carrete con amigos xD la vimos.. jajajaj

= es pa asustarse xD o sea, es más falsa y mula q 8... pero en su momento.. y sobre too xk uno la veia cuando era más chico.. asustaba po xD y uno se la compraba toa jajajaj

= ta piola xD

= no se si era el copete o el ambiente pero anoche = me persegui solo un rato jajajajaja
½ November 14, 2009
may be the worse acted movie, but im a aucker for "1st person" movies and this apperrs to be the first (before blair witch)
October 29, 2009
Bad...So Bad it was so good. (sorry for the cliche) They say 'Small minds are easily amused' When i first saw this years ago i was seriously freaked by it, But im in on the joke now
½ October 29, 2009
A really enjoyable docu-fakery focusing on an encounter with aliens. The calmness of the young girl Rosie is just creepy!
½ October 18, 2009
A versao alienigena de 'A Bruxa de Blair'. Nao teve um final surpreendente, mas gostei do desfecho
ElCochran90
September 15, 2009
This crap filmed in documentary style failed miserably at trying to scare audiences by "bringing" a "realistic" and "believable" atmosphere. The ending is so cliched you'll laugh. I really don't understand its damn purpose. Avoid. Not interesting in any sense.

44/100
July 25, 2009
May 23, 2009
it was scary as hell.
½ January 15, 2009
this is so bad I'm not even going to make an effort in describing the enormity of the badness.
January 3, 2009
This was really scary and creepy to say the least.