Alien3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien3 Reviews

June 15, 2017
a total mess of a film. i wish fincher could have enacted his vision without corporate greed getting in the way of this franchise.
June 15, 2017
Definitely have to watch the director's cut, otherwise this movie makes zero sense.
June 10, 2017
The most underrated Alien classic, depressing,dark and claustrophobic sci-fi masterpiece !
June 10, 2017
A fitting end to Ellen Ripley's character arc, Fincher creates a dark vision of a largely abandoned wasteland of a Weyland-Yutani work prison and it's small stay-behind group of morally/spiritually reborn prisoners who are ruthlessly hunted by the beast as they attempt to destroy the creature before it destroys them, after it arrives with Ripley.
½ June 7, 2017
It's very hard to follow up two classics like Alien and Aliens and I can understand why some people dislike this movie, but I still like its eerie scenery and tense atmosphere and I never found myself hoping it would end soon. Not for everyone, but I thought it was alright.
June 4, 2017
A vers√£o do diretor √ (C) melhor...
½ June 3, 2017
A dismal experience with 'some' good acting. The changes made for the special edition help a lot, but what's the expression? 'Perfume on a pig'. David Fincher's original vision would have been vastly superior. Instead the studio changed it and micromanaged Fincher until he left the film before completion. (Fincher is responsible for the brilliant S7ven, & Fight Club!). Not to mention the CGI hasn't aged very well at all.
½ June 2, 2017
Even though it had some good visual effects in the film but I didn't feel the terror in this film not like I did with Ridley Scott's masterpiece of a film but the alien in ALIEN 3 is still best thing in the film but overall my less favourite one in the franchise. David fincher is a good director with the girl with the dragon tattoo and gone girl but this sci-fi thriller not so much.
June 1, 2017
My review for this movie will be for the Assembly Cut version because in my opinion, that version is a bit superior. With that out of way, this is my review for Alien 3 (1992). While I certainly DO NOT hate this movie, I will be fully honest and admit that Alien 3 (1992) is no where near as good as the first two movies in the Alien franchise, but in my opinion, this movie is just okay at best. The biggest positives that I'll say about Alien 3 (1992) are that the acting, music, and special effects are awesome and handled very well. The biggest flaw for me in this movie however is that while the idea of it taking place on a prison planet is a cool concept, for the most part, it just felt like a re-hash of the first Alien movie in terms of its tone and the fact that humans have to survive against one Xenomorph. I appreciate this movie going back to the survival horror route that the very first Alien film had, but I just wish it was executed a lot better. The Assembly Cut features a lot of extra scenes that were not in the Theatrical Cut, and I will say if you are interested in seeing this movie, I mostly recommend watching the Assembly Cut because the extra scenes do help the story flow a lot better than in the theatrical version in my opinion. So overall, Alien 3 (1992) is just an average sci fi horror movie that serves as just a mediocre addition the Alien franchise.
May 31, 2017
Not at all as terrible as i remembered it. Clearly an attempt at revisiting the creepy, scary, claustrophobic feeling of the original Alien, but with much less finesse. Still, its got Sigourney Weaver in it, so its not all bad.
May 28, 2017
Not as good as the first two movies. Sigourney Weaver is great as usual.
May 25, 2017
Third is the worst. The only compelling idea to come from this film is how the Alien somewhat resembles whatever creature it bursts out of. In this case it has more dog-like qualities than human. Visually it is interesting to see the creature, but none of the new characters are interesting. They're just a bunch of interchangeable bald guys on a prison planet. No personality, just meat for the Alien. Ripley's actions don't make very much sense either, making this third installment a disappointing resolution to Ripley's story.
½ May 25, 2017
The theatrical cut of Alien 3 is ok, not the best or worst thing ever but if you want to see a more complete and intricate telling of Alien 3 seek out the assembly cut. You can find it on the blu-ray and it's a solid 4.25 out of 5, trust me it's so much better than the theatrical.
½ May 25, 2017
Nothing like the first two... Starts off ok but falls away the longer you get into it.
May 23, 2017
'Alien 3' needs to earn credit for trying something so radically different from the previous entries with stunning visuals from David Fincher, and the genuine sense of dread that none of the protagonists may survive.
May 23, 2017
Knowing the production history, it is unsurprising that there are some issues with the way this movie is cut together. However, watching the assembly cut I was surprised by how much I found myself absorbed in this bleak world and how much I cared for its lonely inhabitants.
May 22, 2017
I consider the first 3 Alien instalments as the original classics and a must watch for any Die-Hard Sci-Fi fan.
May 21, 2017
Alien3 is not as bad as most remember it to be. It's clear that Fincher was trying to bring the series from the bombastic action of Aliens back down to the bleak and frightening roots of the first entry. While this is admirable it unfortunately doesn't really pay off. The real villain of Alien3 is not the dreaded xenomorph but rather the choppy script and some over reliance on early CGI that leaves the film feeling dated rather than timeless.
May 20, 2017
I always liked this more than most critics did. The 30 minute extended version really adds too it and helps put it on par with the earlier movies. Fincher manages to create a different style and mood and a worthy addition to the series.
May 18, 2017
Like a vintage wine, it got better with age.