Alien3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien3 Reviews

May 8, 2017
Even with David Fincher's stylish and fluid direction, Giger's new designs and a promising set up, this 3rd installment fails to provide an equally satisfying and almost perfect experience the previous films delivered, with a lack of development in both, characters and story, making this a disappointingly "Ok" entry in the franchise.
April 28, 2017
I actually prefer this film over the first 2, shocking to hear but here is why and my score is based off the Assembly Cut. The Alien franchise is not supposed to be one happily ever after kind of story, its supposed to be pessimistic and mean spirited which this film captures magnificently. You're not meant to like the convicts, they are meant to be servicable to the harsh reality tone of the film. Also people need to get over Newt and Hicks dying, they weren't even that interesting of characters. Killing them off in the beginning was the only logical thing to do and shows that no one walks away unscathed. Which further fuels the HP Lovecraft inspiration in these movies, everyone meets with a horrible fate. David Fincher does a really great job directing this film and really captures the feeling of isolation, atmosphere, and terror that was missing in Aliens. Its a shame he continues to disown it to this day. But anyway, Alien 3 is very underrated and should be given more credit than butthurt fans are willing to admit just because the scriptwriters decided to take the story into another direction. Sigourney Weaver looks good with a shaved head in my opinion.
April 27, 2017
Alien 3 (1992) Review

The Good
Sigourney Weaver as Ripley is still a badass like always. Like she tells a Convicted Rapist to Fuck Off. Sinces she's the only woman on this Prison Planet.

Charles Dance is good

Charles S. Dutton is good

The Prison Planet and the Atmosphere is good

The Ox-Xenomorph (Not a Dog anymore) is cool

The Giant Fan Kill Scene is great.

The Atmosphere is Darker more Fantastical

The Score is good

I like how there was Lice on Ripley when she's found and Lice on the Ox to show they both have The Xenomroph in them.

The Scene where The Prisoners try to Rape Ripley but she fights back, the Editing and Direction is great.

The Assembly Cut puts in all of Duttons characters Gos Like Speech's which brings Balance of hope into the film something the Theater version doesnt .

The Bad
A lot of thing like this movie went through Development Hell and so many changes. Like the first teaser tells you were gonna be in Earth and yet the movie doesn't take place on Earth. There were so many cooks in the Kitchen.

The Theater Version has some really bad ADR like its terrible its fixed up in the Assembly Cut.

The Alien Egg being in the Ship is retarded
1. The Queen couldn't have laid it there
2. Its mainly there cause we have to have a Alien there somehow. Especially how the fuck is there 2.

The Movie Makes Ripley a L.T. which is FAlSE she never was cause in Aliens she's removed from her ranking. Just shows The people who used to work at Fox probably dumb Tom Rothman doesn't know his it about anything of The Alien franchise.

Newt and Hicks being killed off is RETARDED
Like you are get to love these 2 characters in Aliens and then in Alien 3 their just fucking dead.

Lawrence Hendrickson as Bishop is wasted

The CGI is Terrible like Color Correction, speed
The Close up on the Xeno is great but wide Shot looks like ass

The same exact POV shot used over and over.

The Random waking up from Sex Scene is Stupid

The Xenomorph being there feels forced cause its a completely different film when the Alien is there

You don't know how the Random Passage of time

The Scene where Duttons character wants Ripley to lead, then 10 minutes later questions her ability to lead.

The Pacing is terrible the theater version
The Assembly Cut its better

The Ending in the Theater Version with the Chest Burster popping out of Ripley is terrible cause they wanted to operate on her to try and gftit out but showing that happen shows she was fucked anyway. Now in the Assembly cut she just falls in with a
Her arms out like a Cross which I liked cause this was supposed to end the trilogy not in a great way but its thew way we got.
Sadly we got another one.

Overall: The Assembly Cut is better than the Actual Theateraltical Cut of the movie this movie has a lot of problems but it's no where near the Abomination of Resurrection. Still would of wished to see Fincher's 3 Hour Corey Version, cause Fincher wanted a human Film.

Overall Grade Theater Version: C

Overall Grade Assembly Cut: C+
April 27, 2017
Not nearly as good as the first two as it lacks charisma but still pretty entertaining. Missing alot of elements and is less intense with a dense predicable storyline. Still nonetheless it's not a complete failure but it was truly over shadowed by the first two missing that shock value along with a less than amusing finale. Only hardcore Alien fans can appreciate this installment while others may not be as warm and forgiving like myself.
April 25, 2017
What a massive drop off from the two previous films. David Fincher dropped the ball for sure. This prison planet is just not interesting, and downright boring. The addition of the Alien that adapted from an animal is just lazy and not a good idea at all. I left this film downright disappointed. Good acting left to a bad script and poor directing performance.
April 18, 2017
For me this is the best sequel of all time. Real humans and real danger. Beautiful cinematography and mind blowing music score. Dillon is my favorite antihero from trilogy. Hi is after Ripley the strongest character in ALIEN movies. I love every minute of this movie. Editing was perfect. Now in this days hollywood makes movies with similar endings like LOGAN and peoples loves it. I don't get it why they hate this movie. It's more creative then other Alien movies.
April 18, 2017
the sulaco egg plothole ruins it
½ April 17, 2017
:/¢,¦â¦......
April 17, 2017
-This review is of the 'Assembly Cut'-
Grade - C-
'Alien3', the infamously troubled third Alien movie, is a complete and utter mess. Even with this new cut, it's blatantly obvious that severe studio interference was occurring behind the scenes. Its been disowned by its director David Fincher, and it's easy to see why; with a script that was still being written whilst the movie was in production, causing the plot to go nowhere and invoking countless ridiculously stupid character decisions throughout. It does hint at what could have been however, and the first 45 minutes or so weren't too bad (probably because they actually had a script for those). But what with the many script problems, as well as the terrible CGI and poor production design, those moments of goodness are lost in a whirlwind of chaos and mishmash.
April 16, 2017
The Assembly Cut gets 4 stars, giving the Alien trilogy a fitting, appropriate ending. This version is still not a perfect film, but I kind of love it (just like I kind of loved the theatrical version as well). It's dark, morose, sad, tragic, and thrilling near the end. This third outing brings the Alien series back to it's darker, scary roots. There's not much action, instead we get some great character work, and a great final battle and ending. I understand why many fans don't like Alien 3, but I say it's time to give it another look (It really has aged quite well. Most of the Alien vfx don't impress, but every time a suit is used it's scary, effective and impressive).
April 14, 2017
Alien 3 suffers from interesting characters and a boring story despite entering a few intriguing concepts into the universe. Unfortunately none of those concepts can save it from the mess that it became.
April 4, 2017
Ambitious in its messaging, but fails in execution.
March 20, 2017
The theatrical version of Alien 3 is very depressing and a underwhelming film to sit through.

Don't bother with this version. I highly recommend you simply see the 2003 special edition.
March 20, 2017
Not as bad as some make out, but not quite all that it could have been.
March 14, 2017
A token script with token acting performances that only served to take the life out of the Alien series. Even though nothing will really compare to the first two Alien movies, this was a poorly conceived and poorly made movie. At times, it seemed as if Sigourney Weaver and the Alien didn't even want to be doing this movie.
½ March 8, 2017
It just doesn't feel like an Alien film, but that doesn't make it a bad film. What it comes down to "Alien 3" is not good nor is it bad. With the first two it's 2 leaps forward and with Alien 3 it takes a step back.
March 5, 2017
Good movie.... i love the whole series., so im prolly biased
½ February 6, 2017
alien 3 is a poor 3rd installment to the alien franchise the movie seems decent at first but things got out of hand and left people scratching their heads in a bit of confusion
½ February 6, 2017
It was okay, reminded me a little of Mad Max. Charles Dance was nice. I will always love Ripley. The Alien FX were pretty terrible, definitely not as scary or as atmospheric as the previous Alien instalments, which is disappointing. Overall it's worth a watch if you enjoy Alien but its quite long and drawn out for something that doesn't have much substance.
January 18, 2017
The worst of the bunch; despite years after Alien and Aliens, this seems the most dated out of the lot with really poor CGI and special effects.
A good set of actors, especially British actors, and a good base for the storyline but all in all it was a poor comparison two the two prequels