Alien3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien3 Reviews

April 18, 2017
For me this is the best sequel of all time. Real humans and real danger. Beautiful cinematography and mind blowing music score. Dillon is my favorite antihero from trilogy. Hi is after Ripley the strongest character in ALIEN movies. I love every minute of this movie. Editing was perfect. Now in this days hollywood makes movies with similar endings like LOGAN and peoples loves it. I don't get it why they hate this movie. It's more creative then other Alien movies.
April 18, 2017
the sulaco egg plothole ruins it
½ April 17, 2017
:/¢,¦â¦......
April 17, 2017
-This review is of the 'Assembly Cut'-
Grade - C-
'Alien3', the infamously troubled third Alien movie, is a complete and utter mess. Even with this new cut, it's blatantly obvious that severe studio interference was occurring behind the scenes. Its been disowned by its director David Fincher, and it's easy to see why; with a script that was still being written whilst the movie was in production, causing the plot to go nowhere and invoking countless ridiculously stupid character decisions throughout. It does hint at what could have been however, and the first 45 minutes or so weren't too bad (probably because they actually had a script for those). But what with the many script problems, as well as the terrible CGI and poor production design, those moments of goodness are lost in a whirlwind of chaos and mishmash.
April 16, 2017
The Assembly Cut gets 4 stars, giving the Alien trilogy a fitting, appropriate ending. This version is still not a perfect film, but I kind of love it (just like I kind of loved the theatrical version as well). It's dark, morose, sad, tragic, and thrilling near the end. This third outing brings the Alien series back to it's darker, scary roots. There's not much action, instead we get some great character work, and a great final battle and ending. I understand why many fans don't like Alien 3, but I say it's time to give it another look (It really has aged quite well. Most of the Alien vfx don't impress, but every time a suit is used it's scary, effective and impressive).
April 14, 2017
Alien 3 suffers from interesting characters and a boring story despite entering a few intriguing concepts into the universe. Unfortunately none of those concepts can save it from the mess that it became.
April 4, 2017
Ambitious in its messaging, but fails in execution.
March 20, 2017
The theatrical version of Alien 3 is very depressing and a underwhelming film to sit through.

Don't bother with this version. I highly recommend you simply see the 2003 special edition.
March 20, 2017
Not as bad as some make out, but not quite all that it could have been.
March 14, 2017
A token script with token acting performances that only served to take the life out of the Alien series. Even though nothing will really compare to the first two Alien movies, this was a poorly conceived and poorly made movie. At times, it seemed as if Sigourney Weaver and the Alien didn't even want to be doing this movie.
½ March 8, 2017
It just doesn't feel like an Alien film, but that doesn't make it a bad film. What it comes down to "Alien 3" is not good nor is it bad. With the first two it's 2 leaps forward and with Alien 3 it takes a step back.
March 5, 2017
Good movie.... i love the whole series., so im prolly biased
½ February 6, 2017
alien 3 is a poor 3rd installment to the alien franchise the movie seems decent at first but things got out of hand and left people scratching their heads in a bit of confusion
½ February 6, 2017
It was okay, reminded me a little of Mad Max. Charles Dance was nice. I will always love Ripley. The Alien FX were pretty terrible, definitely not as scary or as atmospheric as the previous Alien instalments, which is disappointing. Overall it's worth a watch if you enjoy Alien but its quite long and drawn out for something that doesn't have much substance.
January 18, 2017
The worst of the bunch; despite years after Alien and Aliens, this seems the most dated out of the lot with really poor CGI and special effects.
A good set of actors, especially British actors, and a good base for the storyline but all in all it was a poor comparison two the two prequels
½ January 14, 2017
The cgi sucked some plot holes but bloody and entertaining and very very dark. It was a very negative movie but I enjoy it.
½ January 6, 2017
Fincher was forced to make this movie and it's obvious.
December 11, 2016
Are there bumps along the road? For sure. However, I don't believe that makes this a bad film by any means. No one can say that David Fincher didn't do a stellar job of creating a sense of dread and fear all throughout, even if reshoots and plot elements in the latter act do undermine all of that narrative success.
½ November 24, 2016
Frustrating and poorly made, this third chapter has an intriguing beginning but the development lacks the unbearable tension of the first film and the unstoppable action of the second, while its final act is like a tiresome slasher movie and the CGI of the creature atrocious.
½ November 21, 2016
An ultra dark and bleak entry in the Alien franchise. Even though with conspicuous flaws this film has distinctive features of David Fincher's style and the main advantage of the film not being bad is that it is shot differently from the previous films which makes it original enough.