Alien Origin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Origin Reviews

½ September 11, 2016
Another found footage movie. They need to re-lose this crap. 0 stars
½ November 8, 2015
A cheap, cheating found-footage film. All of the action is shown off-screen, so the actors are basically shooting at nothing and it shows. The plot is incoherent, and everything is thrown together clumsily.
½ October 30, 2015
It's bad enough the first half of the movie is mostly walking with absolutely no diologue. It's bad enough that the last half is the same things repeated over and over again. It's bad enough the camera goes to static whenever something happens. It's bad enough all the characters are dull. It's bad enough that nothing about the movie makes sense. But to be 90 minutes long is probably the worst thing this movie could have done to me.
½ May 17, 2015
Most awful movie that I have seen in a long time and I am a sci-fi fan.
½ March 31, 2015
Mostly just a lot of running around in the jungles of Belize. Not much else.
½ May 14, 2014
The acting wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. The script left much to be desired, though. And I know It is a "found footage" film, but the camera work may be the worst I have ever seen. Overall, I don't regret watching it, but I do recommend steering clear unless you must watch a movie and this is your only option.
½ May 1, 2014
An hour and a half of running around in the jungle shooting at nothing.
April 2, 2014
Good idea. Terrible execution.
March 8, 2014
I can't believe I watched this all the way to the end.
June 15, 2013
All the problems with found footage films are on display in this film....craptastic acting,bad camera work and brutal dialog.
½ May 19, 2013
A film that is both boring and worthless at the same time with absolutely no script or story.
½ April 25, 2013
Dear God, one of the WORST movies I've ever watched lol.
January 4, 2013
This is pure dreck! I knew it was bad 10 minutes in, but have continued to watch it out of sheer morbidity to see if it could get worse. It did. In fact, it is like a marathon of compounding awfulness and boredom each continuing minute. Here is a synopsis of the movie - I can't give one. I can't tell what the heck is even going on. Is there a plot? Not that I can tell. Let me describe what is on the screen for an excruciating 2 hours. Horrific and migraine inducing shaking handheld camera following soldiers and dome blonde chic running through the woods. They occasionally use gunfire against something we never see. We hear sometimes hear overlaid "alien" sounds, but that's it. There you go! That's the whole movie. The "alien" was sort-of-kind-of "shown" in the last 2 minutes. It looked exactly like a robot my 9 year old made out of popsicle sticks.
½ November 9, 2012
Quite possibly one of the worst movies ever.
No story, no depth, no direction, practically no aliens (total of 5 seconds maybe? and an odd skull), poor acting. Do not watch unless you need background noise.
½ November 3, 2012
There wasn't much of anything in this movie -- no plot, no tension, no depth, and not much alien (maybe an aggregate total of 3 seconds worth).
½ October 21, 2012
Ok, so let's see... A reporter and her camera man follow a military group on a mission to locate some missing people and on the way they find a deserted camp with footage of an expedition that shows the existance of extra-terrestrial life... Then spice it up with an alien chase sequence... Bored much?? Typically when you watch any movie that features aliens isn't it rather frustrating that you never see the aliens clearly as the camera has this rather annoying defect where the picture goes funny.. No substance, no storyline, and even the characters are lame.. My advice, watch Star Trek, at least there are convincing aliens that you can see on that!
½ September 26, 2012
This is truly the worst movie ever made!!!
September 15, 2012
Börjar okej och bygger upp lite spänning, sen blir det bara en jävla röra av allt.
½ September 8, 2012
"Blair Witch" meets "Predator" without being even remotely as good as either. The Asylum has improved a lot and, as of late, has produced some pretty good films. This isn't one of them. All the annoyances of the shaky "found footage" genre are used here to no real effect. Promises much; delivers nothing. Skip it.
September 2, 2012
A total waste of an afternoon.