Alien Planet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Planet Reviews

March 13, 2014
A very interesting look at the possibility of life on other planets.
March 2, 2014
I was hoping for more interaction between humans and the planet, even if there was little, or even no...at least directly, interaction between humans and the forms of life that inhabit the planet.

Still, a pretty good film.
½ February 7, 2014
Pretty darn cool "what if" scenario to what we would find on an Earth-like planet, Darwin IV. Everything in the film that has to do with the travel and the planet itself is made with awesome CGI, and features "real interviews" with scientists who are working on the actual project, but who were asked to act as if the project were already under-way and successful. It's really cool. 9.5/10, great fun.
½ February 7, 2014
August 26, 2012
Wayne Douglas Barlowe is a freaking genius. Avatar fans (and James Cameron), you should humbly tip your hats to this man, because your precious Banshees and Leonopteryxes and Thanators wouldn't exist without his art direction. Nobody makes better aliens. Nobody. (But Nemo Ramjet comes pretty close.)
Anyway, this is a sublime imagining of his surreal alien world. It's strange and beautiful.
June 13, 2012
The most enjoyable Sci-fi documentary... Don't look for any Earth-shaking conclusions. Just enjoy the ride.
January 18, 2012
An awesome movie on dozens of different aliens different sizes and shapes, and all equally awesome!
September 13, 2010
I absolutely love this documentary! Maybe one day this planet will be "home". Maybe. . .
August 21, 2010
A great CGI on how an alien planet and its habitants could look like.
May 5, 2010
Hopefully this will be a vanguard for similiar movies. I was entertained throughout and applauded the various life forms and their niches on the Alien Planet.
April 17, 2010
An excellent "what if" documentary that explores the possibility of life existing on another planet and how we would study that life.

The planet and it's alien inhabitants are some of the most original and intimidating. The alien creatures are explained to the viewer based on what we would know about them from observation of the probes footage, leaving the viewer with many unanswered questions about the strange beings.

While its starts out intriguing its easy to start to loose interest once you near the end. It starts to feel as though they just want to cram in a bunch of monsters and with the probes nearing the end its starts to feel like we've seen all the life this alien planet will offer or care to see.
March 11, 2009
Interesting to watch
½ August 6, 2008
Computer generated world. I loved this. I saw it on the discovery channel and was like "when did they go to another planet and video tape aliens?" Maybe it shouldn't have been a documentary on the discovery channel.... but it was pretty great. Such a neat world.
July 15, 2008
it was probrably the best documentry i ever saw. The CG was pretty sketchy but still, it was like an educational story. none of the bits were too long or too short.
½ July 13, 2008
Well, I managed to fish out my old recorded copy of this documentary film (the one that was half tapped over by... well... I guess you could call it the Chinese equivalent of a drama) and decided to watch it (well the half that wasn't tapped over at least). And my opinion on it still stands firm, it is a great discovery channel program that explores the possibilities of life on an alien planet based on Darwin 4 of Wayne Barlowe's novel entitled EXPEDITION.
April 29, 2008
Watched in class was very intreseting