Alien Resurrection - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Resurrection Reviews

April 13, 2016
En termes de pur divertissement, le meilleur de la sÚrie!
½ March 31, 2016
This film starts out with an interesting premise, but soon descends into some pretty weird stuff. Decidedly darker than the previous three films, (which is saying a lot) this movie feels more like a standard horror movie, and less like the epic space films from Scott and Cameron. In addition, the final 15 minutes are so incredibly weird and disturbing that one has to wonder what the writers were thinking when they wrote the script. The best part about this film is the improved special effects since Alien 3, but they are still not as good as the effects from Stan Winston in Aliens. Between this and its predecessor, I'd take the slightly dry Alien 3 for sure.
March 30, 2016
Didn't think it was too bad. Only problem I had was the ending with her hybrid humanoid alien baby just seemed too cheesy to me.
½ March 28, 2016
Alien: Resurrection is the 4th installment in the Alien saga. The film is probably the weakest of the 4. The story is a bit clunky, the Alien creature design is ugly and generic and overall doesn't seem to take itself seriously like the previous 3. The film isn't bad persay but its not really that good either. Its a movie you'd watch if it was on tv or if you are marathoning the series but by itself it isn't very good. It has a humorous tone to it which is a big departure from the more serious and dark tone of the previous three films which all had their comedic moments but didn't rely on them as this movie does. The movie has pretty good effect and performances but the story is what holds the film back from greatness. 2.5/5
March 26, 2016
My least favorite Alien film, The plot was good but it got silly at the end with the weird looking alien thing, Should of been more aliens, To be honest this shouldn't of been made at all number 3 only just did the job of entertaining us.
March 23, 2016
Really bloody and I recommend to that you be prepared.Other than that its a great movie
March 16, 2016
Only movie I've ever walked out on, well at least tried to. My ride was there so I was stuck with it. Pure torture.
March 10, 2016
Heard it's terrible, but we'll see.
½ February 18, 2016
After Alien 3 turned into a underwhelming end by critics and most of the Alien fans, the studio wanted to make another film to give the series more of a proper end. They got Jean-Pierre Jeunet to direct it which the only film I've seen from his filmography is Amelie, and they got Joss Whedon involved as a writer which before watching this, got me a bit excited as in a fan for his movies that he directed/written. However, like with David Fincher that hated the final product of Alien 3, Joss Whedon despised what has become to be for Alien Resurrection and it wasn't how he envisioned it. When I first watched Alien Resurrection, I actually thought that it was a good Coke and that it was underrated by the fact that that this has mixed reviews, and the Nostalgia Critic hated it. So when watching this again, I expected it to be a nice farewell to the Alien series, but I was wrong and now I really see why the Nostalgia Critic hated it. While the cast is relatively good, Rom Perlman is really silly here, and Brad Dourif is even more silly and over the top here than in the Child's Play series which in this, doesn't seem amusing to me. The CGI is really good, but it seems to be over reliance on that than practical effects. The setting looks a bit cool and is better than Alien 3's setting, but it doesn't have the small details like Alien did which made that place more memorable which for this, it just felt a bit like every other Science Fiction spaceship. There are not many cool characters that are memorable, and it just looks like most of the characters were just there to die like the third movie. There is character development here, but most of the time the movie doesn't spend more time of it and when they show little clips of it, they just seem forceful that it wants you to know what little stuff the characters do so that you'll find them memorable. The writing feels so clumsy at times, and the jokes, for the most part, just seems too cheeky and just fell flat. There are some chuckles here and there, and the action is pretty cool, although not as exciting as Aliens. There are some cool moments here, and there are a lot of stupid moments also. There are moments that don't make any sense, which made me wonder if they even see the other Alien movies. The tone is very off as its either playing it too seriously, or too silly, and it makes the film feel less like an Alien movie and more like a B movie that just has the Alien title on it. There are a bit of thrills here, and the premise could actually work if executed well, but it doesn't help the fact that Alien Resurrection is just a bad film that really should've ended the series with Alien 3. Even though the Alien Quadrilogy ended on the worst way for me, I'm still glad that I saw it again, and with 3 out of 4 movies that are good, there were good enough for me to have a good time watching the Alien Quadrilogy.
½ February 16, 2016
As far as Alien films go, outside of the humour of the Johner character and the genius of Ron Pearlman playing him, it's largely forgettable!
February 11, 2016
Sillier and messier than Alien 3 but far less demanding and more entertaining. The visual style is incredible but the script is laughably bad and the somewhat cartoonish, comic book atmosphere doesn't exactly match the series. It's an enormous step down in comparison to the original 2 but its still FAR better than Alien 3.
February 6, 2016
And this is how you kill off a franchise.
January 16, 2016
Pointless, unimaginative, and unoriginal, Alien Resurrection is enough proof that the Alien franchise should've ended with the second film
½ January 13, 2016
I liked this more now that I am more familiar with the director's style and the knowledge that the characters are precursors to Firefly. It has the edge up on Alien 3 simply because of its weirdness.
½ January 3, 2016
The overtone is so simple: why can't humans leave the aliens alone? It's heart breaking to see the alien died here.
½ December 25, 2015
The absolute worst in the series and a mediocre conclusion.
December 9, 2015
I don't even know. A good amount of boredom, a of of incredulousness, mildly disturbing, and entertaining for about 2 scenes.
½ December 6, 2015
This movie is just really weird...
½ November 26, 2015
Resurrection is a sloppy and underwhelming sequel that pales in comparison to the first 3 films.
November 19, 2015
Definitely better than the previous installment, this fourth Alien film doesn't add anything new or relevant to the series but neither does it disappoint. It has plenty of action and scares, a mildly interesting plot and a particularly grotesque ending that works just fine.