Alien Trespass - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Trespass Reviews

½ June 29, 2015
Mildly entertaining sci-fi film that succeeds in trying to replicate the 1950s sci-fi B-movie feel, but fails in it's actual tone in that style. At times it seems like a parody, at others it seems like it is trying to be a genuine flick from that era. It just never finds it's voice until it's too late to matter. I enjoyed the creature's design, and I might've enjoyed the whole experience more if it didn't feel hollow, and movies like "Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" and many more didn't already do a better job at both recreating the era's style and creating funnier moments.
May 30, 2014
Totally clever parody, spot on target writing. Pays a good deal of homage to the movie, "The Blob" which is even interwoven in the plot. The monster itself was perhaps a bit too hokey, but given the style of the day, it was still hokey. What counts is that they did it the old fashioned way, minus CGI (with the exception of the ship taking off, which was well done.) The Musical scoring, the inspirational closing speech, the makeup and hair, period props and vehicles all meticulously observed and mimicked. The cinematography was a bit too good,, for example; The shot of the vintage car, with the lights reflected off the roof was above and beyond what was called for in the shoot, it seemed more a tip of the hat to Director Zemeckis who features these trick shots in his movies. The opening "newsreel feature" was a good touch. I stayed up way later then I should have, enjoying this film.
September 30, 2013
Get through the beginning & its kind of cute.
½ June 9, 2013
I hoped this would be as good as it promised, finding the idea of a '50's style sci-fi resurrected appealing, but the makers (the director's an X Files alum) flunked because they, in typical modern day detachment, forgot the essential ingredient: to give a damn. No one here does and the hip, modern, cooler-than-thou, winkin-at-you, don't-we-look-fabulous result so ruins the work that I couldn't help but finally agreeing to not giving a damn either. The monster's based on a one off novelty song of the '60's.
February 24, 2013
This seems ridiculous. Therefore I want to see.
January 22, 2013
Ah, the intentionally bad movie. There's something queer about these experiments, because what made the 50s alien scare films the classics they are today is their sincerity; they weren't trying to be over the top awful - it just happened. Granted, they had their tongue firmly planted in their cheek. Anyway, this film is a loving homage to that genre. A genre I don't really care for. Kind of well made, but also made to look intentionally bad. This is no "Black Dynamite".
January 6, 2013
lighten up, it's a fun movie
December 5, 2012
A wonderful revisit of the 50's Space Monster Movie--A Perfect 50s Time Warp!!
½ September 2, 2012
Well intended but pointless exercise in recreating those wacky sci-fi films from the 50's. There's a few funny moments here and there mostly thanks to a well cast Eric McCormack but unlike Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra this is an homage (sorta like Ti West's House of the Devil) and not a spoof-style comedy.
May 8, 2012
Extremely disappointing attempt to recreate the charm of the z-grade 50's monster flick. The familiar plot and characters all feel awkward in a passionless attempt to walk through the tropes of the genre that are remarkably dull and laugh free.
April 17, 2012
sound interesting love my Alien movies!
½ January 27, 2012
Good try at a B-50's movie with really all the ingredients, except, we're in 2012. The nostalgia doesn't quite work. Stars for the miticulous details to make us believe it will.
January 5, 2012
Loving tribute to 1950s sci-fi craze. iLOVE all those beautiful cars from that time. Also I wouldn't mind dating Jenni Baird...what a doll ;-) Great movie iReckn.
½ December 29, 2011
Greit tidsfordriv, småarti, men itje all verdn!
½ November 30, 2011
Entertaining but not very funny.
½ October 9, 2011
This meant to be a 50' sci-fi parody, but the dialogue are lowing this film down, too 90's to keep the charm going. The average special effects are too good for the 50' and to crap for an actual movie.... A very average entertainment...
September 28, 2011
Better than I thought.
½ September 12, 2011
It's a hoot, a great knock off of 50's sci-fi "B" movies. Don't take it to seriously, just sit back and have a laugh. Great actors pull this off well.
August 18, 2011
A nice little homage to 50s sci-fi b-movies. It had its moments and is worth checking out if you like this type of stuff.
½ June 6, 2011
It's a satire without laughs, a parody without punch lines, a careful copy that replicates everything except the original's life.