Alien Uprising - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien Uprising Reviews

½ July 26, 2016
there is no real action action until halfway into the film. The acting is not bad but the actors have a lousy script. I would say this is the quality of and Ed Wood movie but at least an Ed Wood movies is quirky.
½ January 9, 2016
Worst than a poor man Independence day .... not worth the film printed on ... ugh
½ December 13, 2015
Just get naked!

A restaurant is filled with people with different agendas. There is a couple that just got engaged and another group of friends in the bar getting together for the first time in a long time. The planet is invaded by aliens and the friends will band together to try and survive. They will find humanity as dangerous as the aliens.

"Beware of the color purple."

Dominic Burns, director of How to Stop Being a Loser, Cut Allies, and Airborne, delivers Alien Uprising in his third major motion picture. The storyline for this picture has zombie apocalypse written all over it with a different twist. The acting is awful with a few good one-liners sprinkled here and there that keep the movie light.

"I've never seen fear in a man's eyes like that."

I saw this movie on Netflix and decided to give it a shot...I shouldn't have. I had no idea this was a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie...and it felt like it. This has a made for television science fiction feel that makes this a mess not worth your time.

"Shoot the bitch!"

Grade: D-
½ November 30, 2014
Not worth reviewing. Awful.
November 16, 2014
Van Damme was only in it for 10 minutes or so , guese for getting some audience for the movie , wich was way to slow , not much happening the entire movie . Highlight : the fight between JCVD and his real daughter Bianca Bree . SOMDVD
November 16, 2014
Very good with the tension and fear in the first half, but frustratingly full of set piece cliches, and in the end just a really dumb, violent soap opera.
½ November 1, 2014
it was a crappy alien movie not the best thing I have seen kind of boring at some points of the movie
½ October 24, 2014
Poor script, poor camera work. A total waste of time!
August 23, 2014
I wonder whether the 15% of people who liked this waste of celluloid had smoked "love boat." Jean-Claude Van Damme makes a small appearance shortly before the climax but it's far too late and little to grace this seeming sabotage of film art. At least Attack of the Killer Tomatoes had charm. Story, plot, dialogue, direction, cinematography and editing makes me suspect that this was made by film school students in a hurry. I was forced to give it a half a star when I wanted to give a a quarter star.
½ August 3, 2014
Terrible waste of time. Felt like I got ripped off paying $1.25 for the Redbox DVD rental. Boring.
August 1, 2014
Terrible movie. Not much of Vsn Damme. Very slow start. Weird British movie that was recently renamed from U.F.O. Acting is horrible. Sex scene are totally unnecessary and out of place. Don't waste your money.
½ July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014

(2013) Alien Uprising
SCIENCE-FICTION

A poor combination from many superior alien invasion flicks, including "Attack At The Block", "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", "District 9" and an idea taken from "28 Days Later". This entire movie makes zero sense, as it centers on a group of friends after leaving at a nightclub, and upon waking up the following day, electricity seem to be completely out throughout the entire region. Confusing is the fact that not one single person had ever thought about finding out the reason. And once learning that an UFO ship has settled over the area, the entire city then go to panic mode with no police or army in sight- there isn't even those wind-up radios, solar powered anything. Viewers later find out that the aliens that are invading looked like people. We're neither explained about what form nor how. It's like the makers assumed that actual people are just blatantly uncurious and are narrow minded. And as the movie is progressing, it is then revealed that people in general are able to tell who are the ones who aren't human by spotting a small triangle mark on them, but it's like where do you have to go to look and why. It's so poorly made, that it almost seemed that the budget finally ran out, and that the story had to be compromised.

1 star out of 4
July 8, 2014
1st Half of the movie was good, 2nd half things just got cheesey and really made no sense, as far as the plot line had been going.
½ May 22, 2014
This movie is almost unwatchable. You would expect a B-movie named Alien Uprising to be fun cheese and pretty easy to follow but it's loaded with nonsensical subplots. I've never seen a more boring, less fun, poorly plotted, abysmally acted movie in all my days. This isn't even worth a fifty cent rental.
March 7, 2014
Even though some of the British actors are ok, the story is terrible, and the directing is worse. Really limited use of SFX. A bad B movie.
February 22, 2014
A pretty predictable twist but an entertaining movie
February 15, 2014
Earth is under attack
½ February 10, 2014
really? they actually released this? not sure what it was about. people hitting each other a lot for no good reason, maybe. not sure if JCVD was even on the same set as anyone else - i think he may have filmed his bits at home and posted them in. rubbish
February 3, 2014
Can't get any worse then this
January 18, 2014
Perhaps the best thing this movie does is make a bold statement about he utter stupidity of shaky-cam. It's basically unwatcheable through all action sequences... with a nausea inducing 7 year old cameraman technique that is 'innovative' in all the wrong ways. Couple that with Lens flares that would make J.J.Abrams Star Trek look like it was cleanly filmed and you have an artistic disaster... but luckily it's save by it's wandering disjointed and poorly delivered plot... oh wait... it's not saved. Bad film that ALL filmmakers should be forced to watch with toothpicks holding their eyelids open... to finally put an end to the idea that shakycam is a good idea.