Alien vs. Ninja - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alien vs. Ninja Reviews

March 25, 2014
Oh god, what I have seen? the idea to crossed two things wich have no links together is also a bad idea at the begining. Too much big mistake like guys forget the cycle day and night in the film.
But even the poor quality of the scenario and the fx, the film will surprise you with a lot of WTF scene. If you want to laugh on a movie who have no sense. I think it will be for you!
August 30, 2013
I recently say this movie on Hulu. It took me 3 days to watch the whole thing due to how many commercials Hulu makes you sit through. I really didn't think it was all that bad. Its a very cheesy move to say the least but it kept my attention long enough to get through the whole thing... Three days latter. But I very much enjoy B movies. This one needs more then one viewing. but the fight scenes were pretty good, the ninjas were fun and the aliens... well they were aliens. if your like me, a night owl your should check out this movie.
August 18, 2013
Terrible in just about every way shape and form. I did not 'forget' to rate this, it actually deserves zero.
½ May 28, 2013
similar to vampire girl vs frankenstein girl and robo-geisha in that they can not be considered good movies but they are definatly entertaining, i'd say avn is the worste of the 3 though because of the extremly boring dialogue, luckilly there is lots of action though
November 10, 2012
The title alone makes this one worth checking out. Although a little campy and silly with the creature effects, it is a fun ride!
September 6, 2012
it's so cool ^.^ i love the AvN
August 20, 2012
Ala-asteen viikkorahabudjetilla pusatun, häiriintyneen psykedelianinjailun aikana ei tiedä pitäisikö itkeä vai nauraa...
½ July 28, 2012
this was just campy fun at its fullest and not to be taken serious at all it was just nuts but the fighting scenes in this movie really werent bad for what was going on and the acting wasnt that bad so i did enjoy this movie but its not for everyone but if you like lets say versus or tokyo gore police then you shouldnt have a problem getting into this
½ July 27, 2012
Just as the title would have you suggest: the film at it's core is an obnoxious, over-the-top camp-fest that is both laughably dumb and insultingly dull, shamelessly lifting off Alien any chance it has when it's convenient for good measure. Oh, and did I mention there are ninjas in this as well? If you aren't already aware what kind of film you are expecting coming in, you'll get nothing back for it. You get what you pay for. And yet it's still more entertaining than Bay's Transformers.
July 9, 2012
OK. Campy title and is a re-creation of everything from Alien, Predator and Aliens Vs Predator with a Japanese rock n roll soundtrack and ninja twist. Should've been a lot of goofy fun. It wasn't. They obviosuly spent a lot of time on the "look" of the costumes but didn't actually bother to get someone(s) who could light and shoot the film to even ina small way match the poster. So what you get is ALL broad daylight action that reveals the Alien to be a hokey suit inspired by an alien-dolphin leather biker suit. The end plays for a sequel. I hope not.
½ May 15, 2012
One word: FANTASTIC!!!!!
January 27, 2012
This is another weird, wacky Japanese genre effort in the same vein as Vampire Girl vs. Frankenstein Girl and Robo-Geisha. The title says it all: a group of ancient Japanese ninja end up going claw to sword (and eventually sword to sword) with some monstrous aliens (that look suspiciously like people in moderately expensive Halloween costumes).

There's really no more story beyond that and a hinted at love triangle between two of the male shinobi and their female counterpart. Nothing about the "aliens" is explained, they just show up and start swiping people's heads off and fiercely trying to grab boobs. Alien vs Ninja isn't as gross or ultra-violent as many similar movies can be, but it does have its moments. People get ripped in half and have little mind-controlling aliens crawl up their noses, and plenty of pink pepto bismol alien blood flows all over the place.

AvN won't win any awards for storytelling or production values, but it's a goofy and occasionally fun way to waste some time. There are better similar movies, but genre fans should find it worthwhile.
½ January 22, 2012
I laughed and I can't say I've ever done that with a Keira Knightly film. It's as ridiculous as it sounds with the aliens looking like rejects from Mighty Morphing Power Rangers and special effects where special refers to the "Forrest Gump" definition of the word. You never saw Ripley attempt a belly-to-back suplex on the alien but they do it in this; rubbery suit goodness!
½ December 14, 2011
For some odd reason I thought this might be a serious scifi film the likes of Aliens where there was a really cool samurai vs alien scene. This was just plain bad.
½ December 4, 2011
A horror comedy that is as weird as the name implies. Very very Japanese in the humour this movie has a lot of funny stuff for western audiences as well but for me a lot of the interaction among the characters became tiresome. Good for a low budget movie!
November 25, 2011
Sushi Typhoon have cranked out yet another great over the top action gore fest. This has less gore than their other stuff but has more crazy action.
November 15, 2011
haha, this movie is ridiculous.
½ November 9, 2011
some over the stop action but all a bit silly watching a guy in green leather pretending to be an alien,

for a lazy film watch it was good fun though.
October 17, 2011
pretty much one of the best B movies in existence.
½ September 17, 2011
As much as it should be a serious fight movie it turns out as a lowbudged comedy with monsters and ninja fighters