Alita: Battle Angel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alita: Battle Angel Reviews

February 19, 2019
Like everyone is saying, the action and visual effects are great in Alita: Battle Angel. The scenes got me pump up like if I was watching a shonen anime. The criticism had with the movie was the cringey/cheesy dialogue. I also didn't like the weak romance development between Alita and Hugo.

Haven't read the manga, but Alita became a instant favorite character of mine on the big screen. She's loveable while being badass.

I didn't mind the cliffhanger ending. It gave the movie anime-like feel to it, like an episode with a "To be continue...". Plus it helps set up sequels and a potential franchise.

Letterboxd account: Otakuful
½ February 19, 2019
Packed With Spectacular Action and An Engaging Protagonist Despite A Stumbling Plot, Alita Battle Angel Is A Thrilling Sci-Fi Romp and One Of The Better Anime Adaptations In Recent Memory.
½ February 19, 2019
Good sci-fi, great adaptation of source material. Worthy of a sequel.
February 19, 2019
Best theatre experience Iv'e had since Mad Max Fury Road. Great story that never lags, awesome worldbuilding, interesting characters, excellent effects and a better female lead than captain marvel will be bringing to the table.
February 19, 2019
Loved the amazing world building, the exhilarating action and seeing Alita's growth to becoming stronger as she goes through her journey of self discovery.
Take the critic reviews with a grain of salt.
This is a film that is worth the ticket on its visuals and actions alone.
This is a film that is worth seeing for yourself and forging your own opinion over.
Can't wait to watch it again. This is a passion project that is worth supporting.
February 19, 2019
Great movie ! Awesome visuals ! Don 1/2 1/2(TM)t listen to the critics. A must see !
½ February 19, 2019
This movie was fun and highly entertaining.
it's not perfect, but far from a waste of time at the movies.

Keep in mind, I do enjoy Marvel and Disney movies from time to time but
this movie is a fresh glass of water from a fridge full of the same beer and sodas you drink all the time and although you only poured one glass, you end up opening the fridge and pouring another one.
It reinvigorates your palette, it reminds why you come to the movies.

In a time where spending about $10 an hour for entertainment per person, it(TM)s hard to get people to the movies.
GET OUT THERE! ~
This is the movie we need right now.
February 19, 2019
LOVED IT. Best adaptation of an anime/manga I've seen done by Hollywood. Great job, and the actress who played Alita was perfect.
February 19, 2019
Alita: Battle Angel deserves to be seen in theaters. The visual effects are really great, Rosa Salazar does a fantastic job bringing Alita to life, the rest of the cast is great, and the action sequences (including the motorball sequences) were off the chain.
enjoyed every minute
February 19, 2019
Alita kicks butt and takes names! I want a sequel so I can see kick more butts and take more names.

It 1/2(TM)s not complicated, Alita: Battle Angel offer an awesome lead, a decent supporting cast, a competent story, and loads of awesome action!
February 19, 2019
Never seen anything like this... the 3D cinematic experience was unreal. An empowering movie for all types of people especially women- without having empowerment forced?. Akita(TM)s character is such that everyone will fall in love with her .
February 19, 2019
90% anime and mangga adaptation. Must watch!
February 19, 2019
Simply one of the best looking and beautiful films ever made. The art direction and action alone are enough of a reason to see it, but Alita is a great character too. See it in IMAX 3D. And you will not be disappointed.
February 19, 2019
Honestly, wtf is wrong with the critics, they are idiots. this was a great movie and I recommend everyone to see it. waiting for the next movie
February 19, 2019
Not too much. Just watched 4 times.
February 19, 2019
Amazing action packed movie with just enough character development for you to care, although a lot more could have been done to make for a more solid story. Overall, it's well worth the watch (9/10).
February 19, 2019
Excellent movie! Finally something unique and not another marvel flick
February 19, 2019
hope to see a second Alita
February 19, 2019
A really enjoyable movie experience. I want to see how the story continues.