All the Invisible Children - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All the Invisible Children Reviews

PantaOz
½ May 11, 2014
It took me 9 years to finally get this anthology film on the theme of childhood and exploitation. It is a collection of seven short films presented as an omnibus, each segment focused on a different child. This is the world we live in compressed in 116 minutes. This masterpiece premiered at the Venice Film Festival on 1 September 2005... don't ask me why masterpiece... did you ever had a chance to watch a single movie directed by greats like Mehdi Charef, Emir Kusturica, Spike Lee, Katia Lund, Jordan Scott & Ridley Scott, Stefano Veneruso and John Woo!?

All the Invisible Children is a concept of producer Chiara Tilesi and together with Stefano Veneruso, her producing partner of MK Film Productions, they worked together in the realization of this work of exceptional film art! Each of the authoritative directors narrate, through their own personal perspective, unique stories about the children's condition in their part of the world.

From the child soldier who is instructed to blow up a building but finding out that it is a school, he decides not to do it, we understand what WE brought on these innocent children through our twisted societies values, our behaviour and demands of this world, and all that continues throughout the movie - in Serbia a boy is released from a juvenile detention centre, and he wants to be a barber but his father forces him to steal again... in U.S. a couple is addicted to drugs and infected with HIV, and they have a daughter who is also infected, and bullied for that at school... In Brazil a boy and a girl earn money collecting empty cans, cardboard, etc., for recycling, but they always finish when they started... in U.K. war photographer looks back at his youth... in Italy two boys steal a watch from a person in his SUV while waiting in traffic, and sell it to a man working in an amusement park, for money and free rides... in China an old man finds an abandoned baby and becomes her guardian, but when he dies she ends up being taken in by a man who has a group of children, that has to work for their food and to sell flowers on the street and every night return to give the daily earnings to the boss...

Everything in this omnibus is almost perfect... even the little faults are perfectly suited to the moments... please, do not miss this one... it is sad that there is no critic on RT who saw this. It took me 9 years to get it, but it was worth the wait!
October 28, 2010
"Jesus Children of America", "Bilu e Joao", "Jonathan" & "Song Song and Little Cat"... Fantastic...
January 9, 2010
just like Darwin's Nightmare, in my opinion the "All the invisible Children" belongs to the must see category.
December 8, 2009
spike lee, and john woo did a great job, the brothers Scott did a strange but striking thing and emir kusturica listens to much to gogol bordello
November 12, 2009
I just don't know what to say.

This movie was (aside from a few obvious moments) so real that it made your heart bleed. It made you grip tightly to anything nearby and hope that things would get better for these kids. But you knew it never would.

Oh yes, it's beautiful to watch the kids pulling together and making the best of it. But nothing detracts from the sheer horror of their lives.

How can we fix this? How?
½ October 10, 2009
There are lots of children living in such lives. Every short story is emotional, when the African kid lies down on the button of the bomb, the director breaks every one's heart.
October 6, 2009
Seven short films directed by Emir Kusturica, Spike Lee, Ridley Scott, John Woo, and more. Excellent film mainly about the lives of children. From child soldiers, children living with HIV to children in living in war, and more.
June 5, 2009
Comme tous les films collectifs, les courts-métrages sont inégaux : certains sortent du lot (Spike Lee) pendant que d'autres sont affligeants (John Woo : on se demande si c'est l'UNICEF ou le gouvernement chinois qui a commandé le film). La cohésion de l'ensemble est une qualité, avec certaines questions sous-entendues qui reviennent d'un segment à l'autre.
May 22, 2009
um documentrio incrvel mostrando as adversidades da vida de crianas marginalizadas social e emocionalmente. Um retrato social e educacional atemporal.
May 2, 2009
regalame una rosa que yo te dare mis muñecos y mi piano... prestame tu carretilla que yo te dare mis latas usadas.... dame tus dedos con los que dibujas sombras y pistolas que automatan que yo te entregare mi reloj y mis perros guardianes.... quitate los zapatos y yo te dare una tiza, un tablero y por supuesto, mi alma...
January 13, 2009
Beautiful, very sensitive work(s) of several talented and witty directors. I'd recommend everyone to see it.
December 4, 2008
Siete historias cortas sobre ninos en condicion de abandono. Como toda cinta comformada por historias cortas, el resultado es irregular. El show se lo roban Ridley Scott con el segmento "Jonathan" en el que un fotografo de guerra entra en contacto co su nino interior y el delicadisimo y muy triste relato de John Woo "Song Song And Little Cat" que gira en torno a una muneca.
½ October 11, 2008
touching...children stories from all around the world; mostly sad and trying to stay alive stories; and i nearly cried in all...the kid in Kusturica's film was sooo very cute, as well as the "little cat" in the last film.
September 18, 2008
It touched me. In the feeling kinda way though.
it was the best most feeling ful movie ever.
im going to buy it tommorrow.
i need it to make my brain function.
½ August 27, 2008
My favorite was the Oriental story:) Very well done... for a good cause
August 21, 2008
Nice one, one of those we need once in a while. Pieces, music, moods, realities. Two thumbs up.
June 8, 2008
what is "rich"?
what is "poor"?
½ May 4, 2008
En estos cortos se encuentra de todo un poco, el de Charef es bueno pero deja un poco la intriga sobre la verdadera realidad de estos ninios guerrilleros, parece simplificar mucho la problematica.
El de Kusturica ya se pone aburrido, si no cambia la formula de la "papayera" en sus peliculas se pondra del todo tedioso, es cierto que esta musica le da mucha alegria pero ya es hora de renovar, el corto es muy simplon y no deja mayor cosa.
Spike hace un muy buen corto tratando el tema de las drogas, el sida y los ninios que nacen o aquieren la enfermedad, un corto crudo pero muy bueno.
Katia tambien hace un excelente corto, la historia de dos ninios de las fabelas que luchan para sobrevivir en ese mundo tan violento pero aun sumergidos en su inocencia, es muy bueno porque no se mete de lleno en esa violencia que todos conocemos sino que los trata como dos ninios mas que viven en medio de la pobreza de cualquier pais subdesarrollado.
Ridley Scott y su hija dirigen un corto que esta bien, es acerca de un fotografo de guerra que vuelve a la infancia para tratar de exorcisar un poco esa violencia que esta viendo dia a dia.
Veneruso se encarga de hacer quizas el corto mas flojo de la produccion, la historia de un ladronzuelo napolitano que parece no tener contenido alguno, es una historia muy simple que no transmite mayor cosa.
Y por ultimo el chino John Woo con una historia muy melodramatica que tiende mas a conmover a un ama de casa que a contar una historia real, mucho melodrama y un argumento sacado de novela venelozana.
April 9, 2008
my favorite is "Jesus children of America". Spike Lee film.
March 29, 2008
Each person who will watch this film become better, i promise...