All About Nina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All About Nina Reviews

November 7, 2018
The movie is well shot, and Mary Elizabeth Winstead gives an exceptional performance. Kate del Castillo is particular standout as well. However, the script leans heavily into many Indie tropes that try to steer the film into "brutally honest" territory but ultimately landing in "cliched shock-attempt territory." The story for me was rather unappealing, but the performances, dialogue, and visual presentation make it a worthwhile watch.
½ October 17, 2018
"All About Nina" houses Mary Elizabeth Winstead in her prime with a career best performance so far. Overcoming shallow tropes with a powerful feminine perspective, Eva Vives has put together a very real, very moving portrait of a woman pushing past trauma not just to survive, but to thrive. Though it doesn't feel fully fresh, "All About Nina" is pretty much the Mary Elizabeth Winstead show, and that's definitely a good thing.
October 15, 2018
If you are reading this and haven't seen the movie, stop what you are doing (if you can) and watch it or put it on the agenda for movie night. It is great. Amazing acting, powerful story, wonderful direction. I love when I go into a movie with no or low expectations and come out feeling like I found a hidden treasure.
October 13, 2018
This film is likely to be seen as divisive, but, it's not intended to be. Instead, it's a wake-up call to half of humanity, and a fucking fine film to boot. I don't know who wrote this film, but whoever it is deserves an Oscar, and I'd love to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead nominated as well. What a gut-wrenching depiction of a woman whose story is disturbingly common. This country has a lot of apologizing to do to women, and this piece of art stands out as a beacon through the fog that we need to be headed toward. Women deserve to be listened to and believed. The culture of patriarchy is still thriving, alive and well, perhaps hidden better in the shadow of movements like #MeToo, but forever on guard of its controlling interests, and nowhere near lifeless. Until we break the mental bonds of cultural hegemony and unite, women and men, to fight the culture of patriarchy, misogyny and fraternal protection, the monsters will remain. Go see this movie, and Academy, nominate it.
October 12, 2018
LOVED IT! Very powerful film!
October 3, 2018
I think she a terrible actress!
October 3, 2018
Hands down my favorite movie of the year! Mary Elizabeth Winstead gives an amazing performance as Nina and Common's portrayal of Rafe is inspiring. Kate del Castillo is a calm powerhouse as Lake but most importantly, Eva Vives' directing resulted in a beautiful movie that will make you laugh and cry. You should definitely go see this movie!
October 3, 2018
This film is incredible. Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a revelation, once again exceeding expectations from her already stellar body of work. Her performance is flawless and heartbreaking.
September 30, 2018
Saw this today; not necessarily a comfortable, easy movie to watch, but amazingly effective. Well written and well acted. Writing, acting and directing is great. Go see itl
September 29, 2018
This movie is raw and beautiful. It is a breath of fresh air to see a complex character that is multi demensional. You feel like you are there with Nina and her struggles and her screw ups. You are rooting for her even though she is crass and impossible because at the same time she is vulnerable and loveable. The men in the movie take second place to the story. This is clearly a film by a woman about a woman. The direction is flawless- See it!
September 27, 2018
Saw this at Tribeca. Oscar worthy performance by Mary Elizabeth. Go watch this if you can. Funny, sad, witty, and very entertaining.
April 30, 2018
Incredible raucaus comedy. Amazing to make light of such a difficult topic. Oscar nomination worthy. Highly recommend.